Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ImplicitAssembler
Jan 24, 2013

Darude - Adam Sandstorm posted:

San Jose is gonna trade for him so Couture and Tony D can feel persecuted together.

I'm sure he would get along stormingly with Kane.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ImplicitAssembler
Jan 24, 2013

stab posted:

Sooo uhhhhh CAS.....

why the hell did you guys not sign Toffoli?

I mean he is absolutely incredible for Montreal so far.

Because they'd rather sign Jake "Shotgun" Virtanen to a contract and promptly healthy scratch him.

ImplicitAssembler
Jan 24, 2013

Apparently Bennet is a Canucks trade-target. (If they can find anyone stupid enough to take on Virtanen)

ImplicitAssembler
Jan 24, 2013

Eric the Mauve posted:

Have AV teams always also had problems with always parking the Zamboni with a third period lead and being really bad at it and blowing a lot of third period leads? It's kind of been a Flyers thing since long before AV got there, but I also feel like I remember it being an issue with his previous teams too?

Or maybe it's not that they're trying to turtle on a lead, but more that by the third period the other team's figured their poo poo out, as Levitate explained above.

This was standard for the Canucks under AV with a lead in the 3rd. Zero effort to get into the offensive zone. Dump the puck and retreat.

ImplicitAssembler
Jan 24, 2013

Koopa Kid posted:

It's hard to believe Torts is actively trying to get fired

No, not really. Wouldn't be the first time.

ImplicitAssembler
Jan 24, 2013

Kilza posted:

Actually, if his stint in Vancouver is anything to go by, he'd just last a year with the Flames at most since he can't live in Canada :v:

And he wont be able to commute from the US, like he did in Vancouver...because he wanted to keep his guns...

ImplicitAssembler
Jan 24, 2013

Looks normal. (Canucks fan)

ImplicitAssembler
Jan 24, 2013

https://twitter.com/MrBooth_7/status/1362259773673013254

ImplicitAssembler
Jan 24, 2013

ThinkTank posted:

Aquilini going with the vote of confidence a month into the season was the dumbest idea he could've had because it's clear he was wrong and now he can't fire the GM or coach

Dunno. How many times have you seen coaches of various sports team getting a vote of confidence, only to get sacked shortly after.
I think Green has done a decent job given what he has to work with...but Benning should definitely go.

ImplicitAssembler
Jan 24, 2013

ThinkTank posted:

How far have we fallen that the Leafs are now the best run Canadian franchise?

Yeah, they might have gotten slightly lucky with some of their picks, but then you could say the same about the Canucks.

Keep, Petey, Nils, Boeser and Hughes. Sell the rest for 1/2 a bag of pucks.

ImplicitAssembler
Jan 24, 2013

Duckman2008 posted:

That’s a bit of an overcharge.

Well, I initially was going to suggest firing them into the sun, but apparently that's not the polite thing to do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ImplicitAssembler
Jan 24, 2013

ThinkTank posted:

At least he's been a semi competent play driving forward for much of his career. Heinen is a similar offensive black hole but also a serious defence liability.

Moving a largely ineffective bottom six winger for a even less effective bottom line centre is a brutal decision. Virtanen drives me crazy but he's definitely not at the "dump for whatever we can get" level yet. If there's no upgrade on defence or depth in another area, don't trade him. He's fine and the team is not worse off with him in the lineup.

Not at $3mil a year. Heinen isn't the answer, but Virtanen needs to go.