Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Misanthrope
Jun 10, 2001

QUACK QUACK QUACK QUACK QUACK
but were @NYRFan92360244's comments a factor?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Misanthrope
Jun 10, 2001

Eric the Mauve posted:

The Penguins job (GM and coach both, actually) is not one I would want if I were a candidate with options. Light on draft picks, light on youth, light on cap space, heavy on declining, constantly injured veteran stars who will do whatever the gently caress they want and ownership will tie your hands if you displease them, extreme Win Now mandate from stars and owners despite the fact the team appears no better than fringe playoff quality. Failure (in the minds of owners and media) is overwhelmingly likely there. Securing a mid-seed playoff spot and not getting swept in the first round would be a successful season in their current circumstances, but the expectation is going to be Win The Cup.

You mentioned it, but the fact that you've got meddling ownership interfering in the day to day hockey affairs is probably the biggest factor if I had to guess.

You're either eventually the GM arguing with Mario or you're resigning because of personal reasons.

Misanthrope
Jun 10, 2001

You can almost see Coburn getting walked around in the defensive zone heatmap.

Misanthrope
Jun 10, 2001

The NHL has planned for this... Wild/Devils 10 game series incoming.

Misanthrope
Jun 10, 2001

No that sound is the everything is ok siren coming from the NHL head office, everything is ok.

Misanthrope
Jun 10, 2001

DeAngelo to Calgary doesn't make much sense and local media says there's nothing to this so I wonder how well DeAngelo's jersey is going to sell in Calgary... there's some of his kind here for sure.

Anyway RAS... I haven't seen a game this year so I'm just looking at the stat line but why is Kakko still bad?

Misanthrope
Jun 10, 2001

Oh gently caress

Misanthrope
Jun 10, 2001

Bennett was pretty much mismanaged by the Flames every year after his rookie year... that said he's a good 3rd liner who's haunted by his draft slot.

Edit: The fact that Lucic hasn't been healthy scratched ahead of him just shows it.

Misanthrope
Jun 10, 2001

On further review, I would like to switch my vote, I don't think this season should count anymore.

Misanthrope
Jun 10, 2001

I really thought Loui Eriksson's season debut was going to turn it around for you guys.

Misanthrope
Jun 10, 2001

Darude - Adam Sandstorm posted:

Let the Leafs win tonight, but close so Benning keeps his job a bit, then the Canucks spank Calgary a bunch so that Eric Francis has to say its the end of the line for Brad Treiliving AND THEN the Canucks death spiral and Benning is fired.

Meh.... I'll allow it.

Misanthrope
Jun 10, 2001

McDavid and Drai combine for 17 points... Oilers eek out a close one.

Misanthrope
Jun 10, 2001

Darude - Adam Sandstorm posted:

Just LOL at anyone thinking Mike Smith can play worse than Koskinen has this year. Just lol!!!

I hope play-in Mike Smith proves you wrong.

Misanthrope
Jun 10, 2001

Also most Canadian teams just aren't managed very well.

Misanthrope
Jun 10, 2001

Shut down the US divisions, bring the surviving teams to Canada so an American team can with the cup on Canadian soil for a change.

Misanthrope
Jun 10, 2001

Twin Cinema posted:

Or, and hear me out, we just remove the American teams from this season and whoever wins the Canadian Division gets crowned the Stanley Cup champ.

I thought about that and then checked the standings and decided against it.

Misanthrope
Jun 10, 2001

I remember thinking early in the MLB season that there was no way they'd finish it... I think NHL players (plural) would have to drop dead on the ice for them to entertain cancelling the season.

Misanthrope
Jun 10, 2001

I would love Torts and his 4 year shelf life coaching the Flames.

They'd have to trade Gaudreau like yesterday, but they're losing him in a year and a half anyway.

Misanthrope
Jun 10, 2001

I drive yearly to Whitefish for a guys golf trip and I notice a LOT more churches in Montana.... potentially more militias too but that's just a guess.

Misanthrope
Jun 10, 2001

Sure, kill all billionaires but I just can't imagine needing to see live sports badly enough to risk it.

Misanthrope
Jun 10, 2001

I always recommend "King of Russia" by Dave King.

Misanthrope
Jun 10, 2001

Benning deserves another chance and the Oilers really need to extend Mike Smith... dude's rocking a .985... I understand he's older so maybe go short term like 1 year 10 million?

Misanthrope
Jun 10, 2001

Long pants hockey?

The play cooperalls hockey?

Misanthrope
Jun 10, 2001

Canadian teams aren't allowed to fully rebuild anyways... I believe it's written into the constitution.

Misanthrope
Jun 10, 2001

Anybody else laughing like hell at that stick tap at the end?

Misanthrope
Jun 10, 2001

It's eerie how close Crosby and McDavid are points wise... really similar trajectories other than consistently making the playoffs, enjoying success in the playoffs and that silver cup that gets awarded.

But otherwise really similar...

Misanthrope
Jun 10, 2001

The Flames will take Nylander off the Leafs hands, come look at the spare parts table... there's a Bennett and a Kylington just sitting there.

Misanthrope
Jun 10, 2001

I think "likely" is a stretch with that goalie tandem... defensive depth.. winger depth.. but they have a reasonable chance because the North is terrible.

Misanthrope
Jun 10, 2001

That sounds so horrifically awkward I'm for sure tuning in now.

No not to the outdoor game, those are awful.

Misanthrope
Jun 10, 2001

Looking forward to Eichel and McDavid getting traded for each other.

Misanthrope
Jun 10, 2001

Flames are probably starting Rittich tonight.

Misanthrope
Jun 10, 2001

https://twitter.com/user/status/1362487826089148419

Zack Kassian, makes $3.2 million a year for the next 4 years (thanks Holland)... is a $100 whore for cameo appearances.

Misanthrope
Jun 10, 2001

Yeah Tkachuk is broken right now and somehow looks even slower.

21 sog against the Oilers... The "battle" of Alberta last night, that was like watching paint dry.

Gawd I hate my mediocre team right now.

Misanthrope
Jun 10, 2001

Nathan Mackinnon broke this franchise into playing the slowest 5 man breakout horrible rear end transition game I've ever seen.

I'd still like to see what this team could do with a real coach, but let's be honest, it's Calgary... The results will be mediocre.

Misanthrope
Jun 10, 2001

I'd like to change my previous answer.

Misanthrope
Jun 10, 2001

loving sign me up.

Misanthrope
Jun 10, 2001

The Dirty Burger posted:

Is there anybody else in contention for the Jack Adams this year or is Coach Q pencilled in already

Having not seen a Panthers game all year... Yes? Honestly what the hell Florida?!

Misanthrope
Jun 10, 2001

Is Burrows going to be responsible for the PK, PP or just who to bite on the ice?

Misanthrope
Jun 10, 2001

Can Bergevin fire Geoff Ward too?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Misanthrope
Jun 10, 2001

Last night Brannstrom and Gudbranson outscored the Calgary Flames.

Calgary really brought the effort for the first 5 minutes, but then the 3RD PAIRING OF THE OTTAWA SENATORS REALLY TOOK THE GAME OVERALSKJDFJ;LAKSDJF;LASKDJF;LKJ