Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

I WILL JUST EAT ONE MORE SANDWICH
OH MY HEAD EXPLORDED I'M JAY FATSTER
I will be done. absolutely done if Deangelo becomes a flame.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

holy poo poo if my 2nd favorite current flame is traded for this piece of human garbage...I am having a bad year (I mean, who isn't) but I will just...I dunno, probably nothing.

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

he's a good 3rd liner. he has a tendency to take very dumb penalties, because I think he might be
a very dumb person. he has another great that he hits in the playoffs when the refs trend to put their whistles away. the flames will absolutely regret trading him.

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

Eric the Mauve posted:

Even assuming all this is true, when you have a third liner who thinks he should be a top six guy and won't shut up about it, you'll hurt your team either way if you keep him. Not much to do but send him off to his self-chosen destiny of playing top six minutes on a bad team.

there is no indication he's ever acted like this. he's been saddled with Jankowskis and Lucic types. he can't elevate them. he's a 3rd line getting treated like a borderline nhler this year and he has every right to complain.

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

Call Your Grandma posted:

lol at the calgary anthem singer

don't you DARE talk bad about George Canyon you son of a bitch

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

CocoaNuts posted:

Anyone see the humor in this? Anyone at all?

Well you see he’s old and it was a long time ago that

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

lots of posts about Mike Smith on here. I'm watching this Oilers Senators game and it is loving trash garbage rear end hockey

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

well what the gently caress am I supposed to do with my wife on valentines day now

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

ThinkTank posted:

Hockey memoirs fall into two equally dull categories:

- I was a star and won a lot. It was it an honour to play in the best league on earth. I respected my coaches but sometimes got mad at them behind their back
- I was a journeyman and early on I played in some crappy arenas. Once I showed up to practice hungover. I respected my coaches but sometimes got mad at them behind their back.

and the outlier: my junior coach cranked his hog off onto my feet

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

Oilers just cementing their place as the biggest dogshit franchise in pro sports

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

if we're taking fiction hockey books too, King Leary by Paul Quarrington is great. also really liked Dave Bidini (from the Rheostatitcs)'s books.

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

Zodijackylite posted:

Canucks seem to be at just about the right place to blow it up ASAP. They've got the two hardest pieces to get in Petterson (22) and Hughes (21) and a few other young players who will still be on the right side of 30 in 3-5 years. I think Demko is also still supposed to be good?

Miller should be able to get a first, plus some if they retain on him. Not sure what the rest of the team is worth, but if they start drafting now, they'll be able to fill out that cast in 3-5 years as guys they draft this year come into their own. If you don't start now, they're going to be catching the decline of their elite talents.

This year's draft would also be an interesting one to simply get a lot of picks, since other leagues not playing has made it so hard to identify the best talent. It might take a bit longer for players to develop after missing time, but they're not a "right now" team.

if only they had a bona fide starter

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

Misanthrope posted:

The Flames will take Nylander off the Leafs hands, come look at the spare parts table... there's a Bennett and a Kylington just sitting there.

William needs to become a Flame to atone for the sins of his father. Good god I hated his dad, such a piece of garbage in the playoffs.

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

absolutely terrified of this battle of alberta tonight. The Flames are ripe for a blowout loss.

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

ThinkTank posted:

5-1 Wednesday night wasn't enough for you?

it hurts so much more when it's Edmonton.

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

sorry but that was more embarrassing than a blowout. 2 minutes left, down by one, and the coach puts out BYRON FROESE AND MILAN LUCIC against Draisatl. this is some galaxy brain dogshit organization. done watching for the year until there's a change.

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

it's ok! go Jets!

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

guess the flames are good again i never doubted it

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

if I wake up and Geoff Ward is still an NHL hockey coach then I will immediately go back to bed

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

honestly, the flames are playing like a team trying to get the coach fired. again. during the Sens broadcast they quoted Matt Tkachuk praising his brother's team for "playing like Brady." translation? the flames don't play like me, and nobody else fuckin cares so why should I? me too Matt. fuckin done.

mennoknight fucked around with this message at 04:42 on Feb 26, 2021

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

for real, I know this doesn't make a difference, but I'm not watching any more flames hockey. it's so soul sucking.

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

Darude - Adam Sandstorm posted:

I would like to know if Flames fans prefer a full on rebuild or to suffer through whatever this trash is, because both options rule, for me.

don't care really. just want entertaining hockey.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

Kilza posted:

Neither of them are currently injured, though Mike Smith was injured at the beginning of the season and they lost Anton Forsberg (who was their 3rd string) on waivers to the Canes then the Jets, so this probably is just insurance in case one of them gets injured later on during the season.

They do however, both suck huge poo poo