Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

MourningView posted:

I remember thinking I was going to retire on my baseball card collection one day back in like 1995 so I can't judge too harshly I guess.

There's a ton of money laundering and price inflation going on from the inside.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
When there are no hopes and dreams, in their place we invent fanciful ways and means.

-Remixed Pras

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

LeBron James pays tribute to Kobe Bryant, Nipsey Hussle with custom artwork for his house
https://sports.yahoo.com/le-bron-james-pays-tribute-to-kobe-bryant-nipsey-hussle-with-custom-artwork-for-his-house-193114713.html

All-Star Game to go ahead amid COVID-19 pandemic
https://sports.yahoo.com/star-game-ahead-amid-covid-194124994.html

Lockback posted:

A little late on the "Wolves Owner Glen Taylor Sucks" but Thibs wanted to trade Wiggins for Butler straight up, keeping Zach but Taylor nixed it. That should be basically all you need to know.

:lol:

MourningView posted:

so people are definitely using dunk gifs to launder drug money right

And a lot of other stuff. It is much easier to buy a video of Lonzo Ball making a FT in 2018 than obtaining a banking license AKA a license to launder.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

#1 Pelican Fan
https://twitter.com/kpelton/status/1363957145331376129?s=20

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Rick posted:

When there are no hopes and dreams, in their place we invent fanciful ways and means.

-Remixed Pras

Who else still listening in 2021

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

people have been saying tulip bulb mania since forever and btc is still going up because things are nuts so maybe it's you who is the tulip bulb

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

Jack's Flow posted:

And Zion will drop a 22-for-22 from the field game sooner than later and I can't wait for it.

Zion has turned into a dominant scorer this year and he's only 20. The #1 PF this season.

Salvor_Hardin posted:

Bitcoin is exactly as stupid as it was 10 years ago. People "make" money on stupid poo poo all the time.

DeimosRising posted:

People probably won’t start using dunk gifs as the bedrock currency of the black market. Probably

It's become a lot more legitimized at least. Ten years ago there were many saying that those involved with it were wasting thousands of dollars and it was going to crash/disappear in short order. But now countries are moving to digital currencies.

The concept becomes less outlandish and absurd when one considers the billions of dollars spent on digital images, sounds and videos. It's the way the world is moving.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gr4wJSqQRy8

One way BTC has been showing its value is that it's deregulated and allows criminals a lot more leeway to do shady stuff. If anything big tech/government willingness to allow cryptovirology to continue to run wild has been underestimated.

Monetary/economic systems around the world have many layers of absurdity built into them. The question becomes what isn't stupid and the answer is very little. The distinction is newness and oldness. The digital stuff is new so it's more noticeable. All kinds of bizarre economic/stock/monetary/financial policies that have existed for dozens or even hundreds of years go unnoticed for the most part.

Welcome to the future: https://dnyuz.com/2021/02/22/why-an-animated-flying-cat-with-a-pop-tart-body-sold-for-almost-600000/

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction
Don't have enough time before phone jail to look it up, but are the Jazz the winningest franchise without a championship? It feels like they ought to be.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

WhyteRyce posted:

people have been saying tulip bulb mania since forever and btc is still going up because things are nuts so maybe it's you who is the tulip bulb

Also because they reinvented the Federal Reserve, but with bitcoin

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Zogo posted:

Zion has turned into a dominant scorer this year and he's only 20. The #1 PF this season.

It's become a lot more legitimized at least. Ten years ago there were many saying that those involved with it were wasting thousands of dollars and it was going to crash/disappear in short order. But now countries are moving to digital currencies.

The concept becomes less outlandish and absurd when one considers the billions of dollars spent on digital images, sounds and videos. It's the way the world is moving.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gr4wJSqQRy8

One way BTC has been showing its value is that it's deregulated and allows criminals a lot more leeway to do shady stuff. If anything big tech/government willingness to allow cryptovirology to continue to run wild has been underestimated.

Monetary/economic systems around the world have many layers of absurdity built into them. The question becomes what isn't stupid and the answer is very little. The distinction is newness and oldness. The digital stuff is new so it's more noticeable. All kinds of bizarre economic/stock/monetary/financial policies that have existed for dozens or even hundreds of years go unnoticed for the most part.

Welcome to the future: https://dnyuz.com/2021/02/22/why-an-animated-flying-cat-with-a-pop-tart-body-sold-for-almost-600000/

its a good thing we will all be dead soon, because this is grim stuff

WhyteRyce posted:

I got a tiny bulb you can put two lips on right here, buddy

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
My youtube ads have been spamming bitcoin credit cards for the last couple weeks now.

Still better than 20 minute "You're a man, not a dish!"

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

Veryslightlymad posted:

Don't have enough time before phone jail to look it up, but are the Jazz the winningest franchise without a championship? It feels like they ought to be.

If I'm looking at it right yeah, the Jazz have the best winning percentage and the Suns have the most total wins

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967

Veryslightlymad posted:

Suns: 2239-1997
Jazz: 2032-1712
Pacers: 1804-1775

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

OH WORD SON posted:

Screw that old bitch he was a nazi

Rush made a career out disrespecting as many as people as possible. Now some want to show him the utmost respect. :laffo: The old idiom "turnabout is fair play" comes to mind.

PS Watching the 2020 SOTU becomes more bizarre by the day. The most braggadocio SOTU ever seen and just before COVID-19 entered the mainstream.

"Wardell, tell me about your love life this last week."

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

#1 Pelican Fan

Veryslightlymad posted:

The Suns, probably.

e: f;b

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

Top/bottom ten of NRtg:

code:
Season	Tm			     NRtg
1995-96	Chicago Bulls		 13.4
1996-97	Chicago Bulls		 12.0
2016-17	Golden State Warriors	 11.6
2015-16	San Antonio Spurs	 11.3
2007-08	Boston Celtics		 11.3
1991-92	Chicago Bulls		 11.0
1970-71	Milwaukee Bucks		 10.8
2015-16	Golden State Warriors	 10.7
1971-72	Los Angeles Lakers	 10.5

1995-96	Philadelphia 76ers	-10.8
1995-96	Vancouver Grizzlies	-10.9
1986-87	Los Angeles Clippers	-11.1
1988-89	Miami Heat		-11.2
1982-83	Houston Rockets		-11.3
1996-97	Vancouver Grizzlies	-11.5
1999-00	Los Angeles Clippers	-12.3
1997-98	Denver Nuggets		-13.1
1992-93	Dallas Mavericks	-15.2
2011-12	Charlotte Bobcats	-15.2
Evidence that adding KD to the Warriors made them better despite not winning 75+ games. And evidence that the 2016 Spurs could be the greatest non-champions.

MelancholyMark
May 5, 2009

Veryslightlymad posted:

:smith:

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

Zogo posted:

MJJ on the 1986 76ers would be an interesting experiment.
I think Moses still leaves. Howard Katz was a gigantic POS.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
https://twitter.com/E_Woodyard/status/1363988420348026885?s=19

diversity is so important but you know, for those other teams, our situation is special

(Finch is a totally legitimate head coaching candidate but the process here seems real lovely)

Athanatos posted:

Suns: 2239-1997
Jazz: 2032-1712
Pacers: 1804-1775

Jazz and Pacers are basically mirror franchises in every way including that one you are thinking of making a joke about right now, yes.

MourningView fucked around with this message at 05:27 on Feb 23, 2021

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

https://twitter.com/magicjohnson/status/1363947668557287426?s=21

Magic’s crunched the numbers and he’s in on Dort.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

https://twitter.com/34billy42/status/1364014736040484866?s=20

Senator Drinksalot
Apr 30, 2013

Kiss me up, touch me, fuckin' rock my world holmes, I don't care

Space Camp fuckup posted:

If I'm looking at it right yeah, the Jazz have the best winning percentage and the Suns have the most total wins

The Nets have gotta be up there too, surprised the Jazz weren't more dragged down by their injury riddled stretch in New Orleans

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Senator Drinksalot posted:

The Nets have gotta be up there too, surprised the Jazz weren't more dragged down by their injury riddled stretch in New Orleans

The Nets have had a pretty okay ten year run but are traditionally bad.

Dutchy
Jul 8, 2010
The Nets also have two ABA titles. If those don't count the big "beneficiary" for purposes of this discussion is probably Indiana

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction
Thanks for humoring me. There's no way I would have been able to remember that by the time I got home to actually look up.

Dutchy
Jul 8, 2010
We all have an inner Zogobot

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

(Insert Mad Max related text)

Back To Back western conference Champions :smithicide:

Senator Drinksalot
Apr 30, 2013

Rick posted:

The Nets have had a pretty okay ten year run but are traditionally bad.

Were they not good during Dr. J's prime?

Dutchy
Jul 8, 2010

Senator Drinksalot posted:

Were they not good during Dr. J's prime?

They were great but that was three years. The other half-century of their existence they're like 600 games under .500

Senator Drinksalot
Apr 30, 2013

Oh I thought Dr J was there much longer

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Nets were varying degrees of trash basically my entire life pre-Jason Kidd

MourningView fucked around with this message at 05:27 on Feb 23, 2021

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

notable players for the nets between dr. j and j-kidd:
-drazen petrovic (rip)
-bernard king
-albert king
-darryl dawkins, ph.d
-michael ray richardson
-albert king
-kenny anderson
-buck williams

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

derrick coleman(the more talented anthony davis)

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

MourningView posted:

https://twitter.com/E_Woodyard/status/1363988420348026885?s=19

diversity is so important but you know, for those other teams, our situation is special

(Finch is a totally legitimate head coaching candidate but the process here seems real lovely)

I’ve been informed by some very loud people on the internet that diversity of opinions is just as valuable as all those other types of diversity

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://twitter.com/mkhoops/status/1364064166747639811

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

https://twitter.com/TheHoopCentral/status/1364072110520291331

:yeshaha:

EmotionlessThug
Feb 14, 2012

Zogo posted:

The US divorce rate is always fluctuating between 40-50%. One of the highest in the world. So that works out to twenty to thirty million couples right now or about 6-10% of the whole country.

:siren: :siren: malfunction detected :siren: :siren:

insane 3rd quarter today. bulls are fun to watch sometimes.

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

https://streamable.com/r8w2cb

suns goin to the finals boys

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

You know Simmons is mad at you when he uses your first name

quote:

Bill Simmons: You're out of excuses, Danny Ainge… Haven't won a title since 2008… At some point, you are who you are… I've seen a coach that doesn't really have a handle on his roster, and a roster that was poorly constructed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

What 80s sitcom does the roster resemble?