Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mongeese
Mar 30, 2003

If you think in fractals...

Red Rox posted:

That's awesome man, go nuts. What else have you got? Were you one of my referrals lol

Nope...I just randomly got in during January. Someone just bought PJ Washington for over $700 from me lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

mongeese posted:

Nope...I just randomly got in during January. Someone just bought PJ Washington for over $700 from me lmao

I do not understand who is paying that kind of money for brief highlight videos.

mongeese
Mar 30, 2003

If you think in fractals...

Spacebump posted:

I do not understand who is paying that kind of money for brief highlight videos.

The person who bought this from me has over 4000 of these things and an approximate account value of over $2.2 million. Who are these people?!

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

mongeese posted:

The person who bought this from me has over 4000 of these things and an approximate account value of over $2.2 million. Who are these people?!

professional (and idiots who think they are professional) gamblers ended up going in a lot of really weird directions during that brief time when all the sports were shut down

Aye Doc fucked around with this message at 20:52 on Feb 24, 2021

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

mongeese posted:

Vegas Dave bought it from you lol

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

How can I buy layup gifs on margin?

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming
What if basketball cards was just the part everybody loved: hoarding and speculation

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

is anyone else unable to watch game archives with nba league pass? i thought i had it working the other day

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967
How much are dokmo vids worth?

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

Laugh all you want fellas but I am planning to retire on my $9 investment in a Jayson Tatum jump shot and 2 Hamidou Diallo dunks.

instead of watching sportscenter I can just watch my moments collection over and over.

As far as I'm concerned, Hamidou Diallo is the greatest player of all time and Jayson Tatum is exactly half as good.

no other players exist except for some vague concept of "Detroit Pistons" and "New York Knicks" whose only purpose is to weakly defend against Hamidou Diallo and Jayson Tatum.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost
Is Ant Edwards' dunk up for sale?

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

How much is a draymond nut punch worth

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

Motel Midnight off the hook

Spacebump posted:

Because next week they will probably sell it for $1400. I seriously doubt they invested anywhere near $2 million real money. poo poo keeps doubling as more people pour in.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

It's currently my dream for there to only be 3 teams in the east above .500 at the end of the year.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Salvor_Hardin posted:

Is Ant Edwards' dunk up for sale?

That's the crazy thing... None of the moments are actually cool or interesting. I get that the way this price inflation works is that the content of the moment doesn't actually matter, but in a fair universe the most expensive cards would be AI hitting that moonshot over Dwight, Ron Artest punching a fan in the face, and the Lebron block.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

Paul Zuvella posted:

It's currently my dream for there to only be 3 teams in the east above .500 at the end of the year.

It's very possible that no team from the Southeast division makes the playoffs

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

It's gonna be something like the people buying those videos are fake accounts made by the owners of the company and you'll never get to withdraw your money.

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

Chairchucker posted:

It's gonna be something like the people buying those videos are fake accounts made by the owners of the company and you'll never get to withdraw your money.

I have noticed that a fairly large number of the accounts buying random clips by less than famous players for thousands of dollars each have just that 1 clip in their accounts.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Red Rox posted:

Because next week they will probably sell it for $1400. I seriously doubt they invested anywhere near $2 million real money. poo poo keeps doubling as more people pour in.

This, of course, assumes that more people keep pouring in. How many more weeks does this thing have? Who knows. I don't think anyone believes that these reflect any sort of reasonable price.

Like every other modern investment it's being pushed by blind confidence. I know personally of several people who have learned about this thing and already lost interest because they have made it so hard to buy packs. I'd be interested in seeing how many sales of single moments are coming from money already in the system versus new money... Of course if we knew that we could also probably guess when this will collapse.

double negative
Jul 7, 2003

lol gonna invest my life savings into a $6000 kyle anderson euro step lay up as a joke

double negative
Jul 7, 2003

going long on bol bol

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

It's all very cool and funny

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

Chairchucker posted:

Yeah this is likely a component which started the frenzy.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

I imagine if they were able to get the NBA license they’re not a total scam, but who knows

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

So this is basically bitcoin but you are locked to one scummy sounding exchange that you can’t escape from

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction

double negative posted:

lol gonna invest my life savings into a $6000 kyle anderson euro step lay up as a joke

I have started to appreciate Slo Mo, both as a name and a lifestyle. I actually couldn't do this until I saw how kyle did.

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

Motel Midnight off the hook

WhyteRyce posted:

So this is basically bitcoin but you are locked to one scummy sounding exchange that you can’t escape from

Well according to them you can apply for a withdrawal to a US bank account or transfer to Ethereum cyber monies. I suggest not investing any more than a few $ for a pack and see what you can do from there.

And there are some cool highlights! The LeBron 3 where he turns around is hilarious.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
https://twitter.com/TheSteinLine/status/1364668126915297282?s=19

it's so loving stupid that they're still trying to cram games in like this because of an olympics that won't even happen

double negative
Jul 7, 2003

Veryslightlymad posted:

I have started to appreciate Slo Mo, both as a name and a lifestyle. I actually couldn't do this until I saw how kyle did.

i was a slo mo fan even before he got picked up by the team i root for, now i'm fully committed, both emotionally and financially

Senator Drinksalot
Apr 30, 2013

Kiss me up, touch me, fuckin' rock my world holmes, I don't care
I did not see Campazzo being the best defensive player on the nuggets happening but here we are. MPJ should be ashamed of himself.

Geo Fixer
Jan 10, 2012

"Freedom lies in being bold."
-Robert Frost

MourningView posted:

https://twitter.com/TheSteinLine/status/1364668126915297282?s=19

it's so loving stupid that they're still trying to cram games in like this because of an olympics that won't even happen

TNT really doesn't want the Jazz on tv do they?

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006
If you’re a gentleman or lady of refined taste like me, and I assume you are, you can’t get enough Steven Adams content. I highly recommend listening to his interview on JJ Redick’s podcast, The Old Man and the Three.

JJ: ...the spiritual or emotional leader [on that Thunder team], it was Russ, right? Or Nick Collison?

SA: I think so - [laughs] no not ol Nick, ol mate is just in the background picking up the scraps like “come on guys!” He’s the ambulance mate.

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Voltes V: "Laser swooooooooord!"
someone who listens to that for the first time count the number of times he says bro. curious if it exceeds 120

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

only 1 top shot drop today and I lucked out again.

I got a Zion dunk with < 100 serial number.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

ketchup vs catsup posted:

only 1 top shot drop today and I lucked out again.

I got a Zion dunk with < 100 serial number.

I joined their discord and there was no mention of this. How do you find out about the drops?

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Geo Fixer posted:

TNT really doesn't want the Jazz on tv do they?

Yeah. If you're a hardcore fan it sucks but realistically more people are going to watch big market teams, not a lot you can do about it.

Jazz also have the easiest second half schedule (after having one of the five hardest in the first half) so fewer chances for marquee matchups I guess, if you want to be generous

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

RCarr posted:

I joined their discord and there was no mention of this. How do you find out about the drops?

I got it from the discord! the "stress-testers-announcements" channel.

Blind Pineapple
Oct 27, 2010

For The Perfect Fruit 'n' Kaman

1 part gin
1 part pomegranate syrup
Fill with pineapple juice
Serve over crushed ice

College Slice

Rick posted:

There was soooooo much hype with LeBron that I think he would still go first, but then again if I remember correctly Houston was slightly going against the grain by picking Yao at 1 so maybe they big brain themselves into skipping LeBron too and he ends up a Bull.

There's already precedent for Houston opting for a safe "very good big man" pick over the slightly riskier "probably-great wing who would end up being an all-timer."

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

ketchup vs catsup posted:

I got it from the discord! the "stress-testers-announcements" channel.

Oh so not where they said pack drops would be announced, *sigh*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

Blind Pineapple posted:

There's already precedent for Houston opting for a safe "very good big man" pick over the slightly riskier "probably-great wing who would end up being an all-timer."

Calling Yao and Hakeem "very good" is underselling them both by a lot