Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

xbilkis posted:

Compression Kirk is so iconic that he's instantly recognizable in a 240p screenshot from his 48-game stint on the Wizards

It's so good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Somewhat Heroic posted:

His pinned tweet was cute and funny and w/e but the way he keeps going on is really weird and not a good look. Take the W and move on.
Never stop dunking on Utah

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

https://twitter.com/SwishAppeal/status/1365357736268021768?s=20

JackBandit
Jun 6, 2011
Zlatan ibraWHOmovic?

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Anarcho-Bidenism posted:

Slightly off-topic but I don't think it really fits in the sports media thread, and it shouldn't cause a derail: Is the PDL patreon worth it? As a fellow idiot who doesn't like thinking hard I find the podcast makes ball more accessible to me.

I mean there isn't secret insight behind the paywall but if you already like 1 hour of the banter a week and want another one and want your boner complemented then go for it.

Boredumb
Mar 10, 2005

Anarcho-Bidenism posted:

Slightly off-topic but I don't think it really fits in the sports media thread, and it shouldn't cause a derail: Is the PDL patreon worth it? As a fellow idiot who doesn't like thinking hard I find the podcast makes ball more accessible to me.

If you like the regular show then yes. It’s the same thing but an extra episode. Well worth it to hear Stavvy laugh every time Sam makes another outrageous claim about the Knicks.

creamcorn
Oct 26, 2007

automatic gun for fast, continuous firing

xbilkis posted:

Compression Kirk is so iconic that he's instantly recognizable in a 240p screenshot from his 48-game stint on the Wizards

https://twitter.com/BubankusMoosaka/status/1365335269323530243/photo/1

this other 240p crossover in the comments is even better, i'm shocked pierce didn't poo poo himself after this one

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

any time i see old footage of games i just wonder how the gently caress anyone watched anything in standard definition, especially something as fast as basketball

creamcorn
Oct 26, 2007

automatic gun for fast, continuous firing

Declan MacManus posted:

any time i see old footage of games i just wonder how the gently caress anyone watched anything in standard definition, especially something as fast as basketball

you just watch the orange pixel dude, it's like pong or breakout.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

i am a moron posted:

It never stops being funny

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction

Declan MacManus posted:

Hockey is the absolute worst. The puck was invisible. Modern technology has given me a much deeper appreciation of the ridiculous finesse involved.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Veryslightlymad posted:

Hockey is the absolute worst. The puck was invisible. Modern technology has given me a much deeper appreciation of the ridiculous finesse involved.

Have you forgotten the glow puck?

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

https://twitter.com/BlakeMurphyODC/status/1365376109483855879

Player/Coach Kyle Lowry

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming
???

https://twitter.com/timbontemps/status/1365377180511973378?s=21

Edit: nm, I misread this I guess

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Thank you friends

Declan MacManus posted:

It's kind of jarring isn't it? I keep thinking its some kind of eye trick and that there's no way I ever used to watch things that looked like that.

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..

Hell yes. Ready to see Lowry's rotations which will almost certainly include himself playing 48 minutes.

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

Declan MacManus posted:

CRT TV's made low-resolution look way better than on a new display. same thing with playing Mario Kart or Smash on N64, you look at it now and it's awwwwful because it genuinely did look smoother on older tech.

pseudodragon
Jun 16, 2007

Hand Knit posted:

Hell yes. Ready to see Lowry's rotations which will almost certainly include himself playing 48 minutes.

This is the coach I want to see

https://nba.nbcsports.com/2020/04/23/the-time-kyle-lowry-sat-on-multiple-courts-to-halt-raptors-practice/

FUCK COREY PERRY
Apr 19, 2008

Veryslightlymad posted:

watching standard def hockey was cool and easy you just had to watch what the players were doing and recognize plays developing and tell who had the puck based off of blurry body language and stick posturing and okay maybe it wasn't easy

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

gently caress COREY PERRY posted:

watching standard def hockey was cool and easy you just had to watch what the players were doing and recognize plays developing and tell who had the puck based off of blurry body language and stick posturing and okay maybe it wasn't easy

TBH this is still my experience watching hockey

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
CRT basketball was much more highly directed, as in close ups of players with the ball, choosing which area of the court to show on tv. Now it's all wide shots because tvs are huge. It's a pain for non ballers like me watching it on a laptop, but it's a boon when you're watching on a 20,000 dollar oled

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.
Paul Pierce getting crossed up by Joe Johnson to the point where he's just crawling on the ground is iconic to me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=72L-BD2qY48

E: Here's the YES call. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EyhhrB9XLV0

Or I guess its not really crossing him up, its just dribbling well and making Pierce look foolish.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
hardwood paroxysm having a week long existential meltdown every time utah blows someone out in a national tv game is my favorite ongoing nba twitter plot of the season thank God they're barely on tv or his head would explode

Dutchy
Jul 8, 2010

Dejan Bimble posted:

CRT basketball was much more highly directed, as in close ups of players with the ball, choosing which area of the court to show on tv. Now it's all wide shots because tvs are huge. It's a pain for non ballers like me watching it on a laptop, but it's a boon when you're watching on a 20,000 dollar oled

Downside is all this free space has let networks go wild with excessively big score bugs and info graphics. During dal-bos the other day an entire possession went by with the ball handler obscured by Celtics 4q stats taking up everything from the 3point line leftward

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

You can't be angry ALL the time!

Fun Shoe
noticed this and thought others here would like to see it

https://twitter.com/nba_paint/status/1364761855495921668

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

All I want is Lowry to coach and get tossed in the first half.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Sabonis is an all star 🥰

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

honk honk whats for lunch...

Metapod posted:

Sabonis is an all star 🥰

it was honestly a joke that celtics had 2 allstars and pacers had 0

i love hearing about how the celtics have the best young players, ascendant stars, key veteran guys, best bench, best coach, historic arena, etc and then you look and theyre 9th in the east behind the freaking bulls knicks and hornets

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
tatum and brown are both better than sabonis though

the pacers are all of one game better in the standings it's not like they're having an amazing season where just playing for them would give you extra all star cred

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

MourningView posted:

hardwood paroxysm having a week long existential meltdown every time utah blows someone out in a national tv game is my favorite ongoing nba twitter plot of the season thank God they're barely on tv or his head would explode

I'm as nostalgic for the blog era as the next sad ex-blogger but that dude has never been worth a follow

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

MourningView posted:

tatum and brown are both better than sabonis though

the pacers are all of one game better in the standings it's not like they're having an amazing season where just playing for them would give you extra all star cred

I dunno that Tatum is this year, at least it's not head and shoulders above. Jaylen definitely deserves it, though he's cooling off fast too.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Thats true the celtics have two players better than Sabonis as you can see on the standings where they are fighting for the 1st seed

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Metapod posted:

Thats true the celtics have two players better than Sabonis as you can see on the standings where they are fighting for the 1st seed

ah well I guess sga is worse than dejounte murray

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Lockback posted:

I dunno that Tatum is this year, at least it's not head and shoulders above. Jaylen definitely deserves it, though he's cooling off fast too.

Tatum owns his shot selection is either just lovely/not falling. 260 shots from 3 feet to the 3pt line on 40% shooting is pretty inefficient but he's still getting to the rim at will and has a respectable 3pt clip.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
if the celtics offered tatum for sabonis straight up the pacers would say yes without even having a meeting about it

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost
Tatum not coming back full after Covid, Jaylen cooling off, Smart going down, and Kemba being dogshit is the full story. They whiffed hard on their last 2 major free agent signings due to injury problems, its not much more complicated than that.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

Tatum seems more or less just as good as last year? He's just slightly less efficient but he's doing more and his passing is improved

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Man who says 2 players are better than Sabonis immediately stops talking about 1 of the players when confronted

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Metapod posted:

Man who says 2 players are better than Sabonis immediately stops talking about 1 of the players when confronted

It would be the same with Brown now lol but Tatum was the one lockback said was iffier so I used him. Brown is scoring more on basically the same efficiency and has a better PER/BPM/etc this year.

MourningView fucked around with this message at 22:44 on Feb 26, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
I think I'd rather have Sabonis than Brown in modern NBA