Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
https://twitter.com/memgrizz/status/1365480442661662723?s=21

I just want to bless all of y’all with this pass. Enjoy your weekend.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Senator Drinksalot
Apr 30, 2013

Kiss me up, touch me, fuckin' rock my world holmes, I don't care

Bip Roberts posted:

I mean there isn't secret insight behind the paywall but if you already like 1 hour of the banter a week and want another one and want your boner complemented then go for it.

Why not give the stav 5 bux?

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Dejan Bimble posted:

I think Taytum is a tier above Sabonis and that Brown is on a similar tier as Sabonis. But they're all very good players and no one is trading one for the other anyway. Boston has a bad roster. They aren't even 5 deep. It's Taytum, Brown, Marco Smart, Daniel Theis, and a huge gulf, even if payton pritchard is looking ok as a bench gunner.

Indiana isn't brimming with stars but it's a pretty solid roster 1--10, even without levert

I wish Dallas had a roster as deep as Boston.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost
Tatum and Brown combined for 9-30 ... and they won.

Rob Williams might end up being a very solid big.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Hahahaha

Algund Eenboom
May 4, 2014

https://www.si.com/extra-mustard/2021/02/26/knicks-james-dolan-game-of-zones-joke-adam-silver

quote:

Adam Malamut, the cocreator of the Bleacher Report series Game of Zones, appeared on the Rejecting the Screen podcast this week and told hosts Adam Stanco and Noah Coslov about Dolan’s response to the May 2018 episode titled “Poorzingis.” (Thanks to the New York Daily News for digging up the anecdote.)

Bleacher Report is owned by Turner, which is one of the NBA’s most important business partners. But still, people in the league office didn’t have a problem with the long-running NBA-themed Game of Thrones spoof. Well, “with the exception of one particular owner of the Knicks,” Malamut said.

In the Knicks-themed episode, Walt Frazier sits beside a bed-ridden Kristaps Porziņģis (who was recovering from a torn ACL at the time the video was released).

“Oh, my sweet Latvian child, what do you know about fair?” Frazier says. “Fair is for the elders, who’ve suffered through the entire reign of James Dolan. Fans are born and live and die, all without seeing a playoff win or decent draft pick.”

Dolan later enters the room to cheer up Porziņģis with a song—a medieval version of “Better Find a Church,” by Dolan’s band, JD & the Straight Shot—that makes a few references to Dolan’s predilection for handing out poor contracts. It’s nothing too offensive.

And yet Dolan was apparently ticked off enough that he went straight to Adam Silver to complain. Malamut said he didn’t feel comfortable telling the whole story, but he gave an abbreviated version.

“He wasn’t thrilled with it. He let Adam Silver know, who let the president of all of Turner know,” Malamut said. “To us that was pretty cool. What we know is that Adam Silver himself, he’s super cool. They like Game of Zones there. ... The league is cool with it, but technically they work for the owners and when [Dolan] complains they have to technically let us know that he wasn’t cool with it. Everyone else was like, ‘Meh, that’s just this particular guy. He’s a little fussy.’”

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Clint Capela is still very good

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
I've discovered a way to read SOME GUYS articles without breaking any laws, pm if you interested

the Jalen Brunson spin jumper is a thing of beauty

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

MourningView posted:

https://twitter.com/Ben_Dowsett/status/1362948387746705409?s=19

the jazz are a FRAUD as long as the other team makes like half their threes

Still true!

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Declan MacManus posted:

i am way more confident in the nuggets' ability to turn it around than the celtics

Danny Ainge made a big trade but it's with some Canadian team he met in summer camp so you wouldn't know them

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

WhyteRyce posted:

Danny Ainge made a big trade but it's with some Canadian team he met in summer camp so you wouldn't know them

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

This is good imo.

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

Motel Midnight off the hook
Yeah it’s good. Don’t know much about the new owners but the previous one sucked.

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Renee Montgomery apparently just retired from the WNBA.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
The new owner denies Gott. That's blasphemy.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Spacebump posted:

I wish Dallas had a roster as deep as Boston.

Finney-Smith is the kind of right height right athleticism guy who plays the wing for a. team without a real wing. Josh Richardson has been damaged deep inside. Willie Cauley Stein is a fake tough guy. James Johnson is not good out of Miami. Jalen Brunson is great but obviously not someone you want starting. Josh Green will be good at some future date. Zingis has only played 509 minutes.

The upside is that they'll have a good draft pick, and if Zingis keeps getting hurt but playing decently in between, they might be able to have pieces to trade him for someone good who wants out, the year after next.

The thing that worries me is how bad Dallas has been at drafting in the Cuban era.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Dejan Bimble posted:

The upside is that they'll have a good draft pick, and if Zingis keeps getting hurt but playing decently in between, they might be able to have pieces to trade him for someone good who wants out, the year after next.

They don't have a draft pick this year because of the Porzingis trade.

Spacebump fucked around with this message at 06:53 on Feb 27, 2021

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
It's so weird to not be on the receiving end of a bad trade

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
still riding high off that live game

Boredumb
Mar 10, 2005

Dejan Bimble posted:

The new owner denies Gott. That's blasphemy.

lol

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Declan MacManus posted:

i am way more confident in the nuggets' ability to turn it around than the celtics
Unless MPJ becomes more consistent and they start playing smarter overall, the best the Nuggets can hope for is the 7th or 8th seed

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

The Jazz are going to win like 55+ games this year which is really impressive in a season that has 82 games.

Senator Drinksalot
Apr 30, 2013

Nick Jr. Face posted:

Unless MPJ becomes more consistent and they start playing smarter overall, the best the Nuggets can hope for is the 7th or 8th seed

MPJ has been pissing me off with his bad play all year, this guy was supposed to deliver us to the promised land

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Senator Drinksalot posted:

MPJ has been pissing me off with his bad play all year, this guy was supposed to deliver us to the promised land

Buddy for MPJ what are you waiting for

Senator Drinksalot
Apr 30, 2013

Can we also get Fox?

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Does Malone survive the season if the Nuggets get 7 or 8?

Senator Drinksalot
Apr 30, 2013

I don't want to see him go

Senator Drinksalot
Apr 30, 2013

The Brian Shaw days are almost as horrific as the xenomorph

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming
First half of Warriors - Hornets was great, Charlotte totally got suckered into playing the Warriors’ pace and Melo got a little hyperactive. At least it was really fun to watch them melt down

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction
Ever have a thought that is technically true and it makes you angry just to think about it?

Grover Cleveland was the Michael Jordan of US Presidents.

Senator Drinksalot
Apr 30, 2013

morestuff posted:

First half of Warriors - Hornets was great, Charlotte totally got suckered into playing the Warriors’ pace and Melo got a little hyperactive. At least it was really fun to watch them melt down

It's LaMelo sir, there's only one Melo!

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

yeah wtf

Paperback Writer
May 1, 2006

Draymond for MVP

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring
I did not expect this Warriors season to be so much fun. I was all doom and gloom after Klay went down again, but Steph and Dray are making it work. I don’t even hate Oubre anymore! Positive vibes.

ChickenMedium
Sep 2, 2001
Forum Veteran And Professor Emeritus of Condiment Studies

Yeah. R.I.P. Fab

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

yeah the fun good one, the one in Portland can be either Carmelo or I am willing to compromise and go with lovely Melo

MourningView fucked around with this message at 13:40 on Feb 27, 2021

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
Apparently the on-court logos are potential injury issues in the NBL:

https://twitter.com/DejanMv/status/1365624316218335241?s=19

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

Kibner posted:

Apparently the on-court logos are potential injury issues in the NBL:

https://twitter.com/DejanMv/status/1365624316218335241?s=19

i recall that the Australians bitching about floor sponsorship decals was one of the catalysts of their line brawl against the Philippines, no?

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Troy Queef posted:

i recall that the Australians bitching about floor sponsorship decals was one of the catalysts of their line brawl against the Philippines, no?

No idea, tbh. I only know about this because Didi Louzada retweeted it. He is a Pels second round pick that I have been casually following in the hopes he comes over to the NBA sooner than later.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

for those who haven't seen the brawl, it's got everything: Thon Maker trying to throw a flying kick, a Pinoy staffer throwing a chair at players, a group selfie, and eventually the game being abandoned because the Pinoys ran out of eligible players: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nVUth1m5Dvs