Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

anakha
Sep 16, 2009

https://twitter.com/ShamsCharania/status/1364211599016361985

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

euphronius posted:

Excellent offensive player
Not so great in defense
My teams record includes the numbers 14 and 16

Who am I?

this is getting to be like that insane warriors fan who re-regged once a month to call LeBron trash, just shut up, man, this is a boring troll and you already spent like five pages on it

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

euphronius posted:

Not so great in defense

Who am I?

which conference does each one play in

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Cousins def going to Brooklyn imho

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

euphronius posted:

Not so great in defense

Who am I?

what's terry rozier got to do with any of this

jackofarcades
Sep 2, 2011

Okay, I'll admit it took me a bit to get into it... But I think I kinda love this!! I'm Spider-Man!! I'm actually Spider-Man!! HA!
Anybody need a center that shoots under 50% at the rim, 33% from 3, and can't defend?

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Buddy Hield is shooting 37%/36% but he’s trying on defense so we aren’t giving a discount

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP

euphronius posted:

Not so great in defense

Who am I?

I actually don't know how Zach Lavine is on defense.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Strawberry Panda posted:

The sample size is very small so tough to draw any conclusions

Bashez
Jul 19, 2004

:10bux:

euphronius posted:

Not so great in defense

Who am I?

The Nuggets have been slightly better than the 76ers so make sure to keep this up when their records normalize.

Edit: How many games are we playing?

Bashez fucked around with this message at 19:21 on Feb 23, 2021

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

When Denver’s fantasy results align with actual results I’ll be the first to update the list

I already said jokic would be among tier 1 if denver were good

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

euphronius posted:

When Denver’s fantasy results align with actual results I’ll be the first to update the list

I already said jokic would be among tier 1 if denver were good

euphronius posted:

Ok.

If Jokic can get Denver into a top seed I can see sliding him into Tier 3.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Sorry my brain was thinking Tier 1c which is think how I had the first draft of the rankings (when I was taking a walk earlier last week): Tier 1a , 1b, 1c. So one tier with 3 levels . I then changed it late to tiers 1,2,3 so as not to confuse people but then o confused my self lol

Yeah so I’d have Zach and Jokic as Tier 3 (1c) if their teams were good (ie deserving consideration for MVP)

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

euphronius fucked around with this message at 19:27 on Feb 23, 2021

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
https://twitter.com/NekiasNBA/status/1364235561095946243?s=19

definitely the center you want to pair with james harden

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Shai is averaging 23 points on 50% fg 40% 3pt and I think that's pretty cool

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
drat, having bad basketball opinions is enough to get a sixer nowadays.

hate to see it.

that being said. Jordan stats wrt the Bulls franchise are loving hilarious

https://twitter.com/NBCSBulls/status/1364012364706816002

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
I am hoping everything is a swerve and the Lakers are signing Korver instead of Cousins but I dunno maybe Jason Kidd’s offense is so whack that maybe Cousins doing a bad AD impression will allow them to score more than 35 points a half.

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

excellent, now we just need to get "defending Russell Westbrook" on the list of 6er offenses

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
I'm scared, he's going to listen to six more hours of podcasts and come back with some Opinions

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Rick posted:

I am hoping everything is a swerve and the Lakers are signing Korver instead of Cousins but I dunno maybe Jason Kidd’s offense is so whack that maybe Cousins doing a bad AD impression will allow them to score more than 35 points a half.

I think getting Schroeder back will help alot, since right now the second best creator in the starting lineup is Kuz and bless his heart, he is trying to create and I wish he wouldn't

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Dexo posted:

hate to see it.

i didn't report but he's basically made the thread unreadable all month lol.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
I'm sorry I killed euphronius with my emptyquotes :(

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

i love euphronius posts

jackofarcades
Sep 2, 2011

Okay, I'll admit it took me a bit to get into it... But I think I kinda love this!! I'm Spider-Man!! I'm actually Spider-Man!! HA!
Goddammit, Porzingis and Kleber are out tonight against Boston.

chilihead
Nov 5, 2010

Is this real life, or is this fantasy?

jackofarcades posted:

Goddammit, Porzingis and Kleber are out tonight against Boston.

*Checks wiki entry for unicorn*

The unicorn continues to hold a place in popular culture. It is often used as a symbol of fantasy or rarity.

Sounds about right.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

It’s really hilarious how much Jokic being a better center than Embiid has completely broken Euphorious’s brain

Bashez
Jul 19, 2004

:10bux:

Dexo posted:

hate to see it.

Congratulations on your second good player in franchise history.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Paging Bulls fans.

https://twitter.com/KyleRowland/status/1363479963358425088

:laffo:

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Lmao

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
edit: Lol I didn't see the Boylen thing when I wrote this.

Strawberry Panda posted:

He used to be abysmal but honestly Boylen got him playing reasonably ok and its carried into this season.

jackofarcades posted:

I can't imagine the Mavs could get back enough value to really justify sending him off, he still has really high upside. Even if they could get off his salary and they could guarantee they'd sign their target(s) in FA, you'd be looking at like... John Collins and Lonzo Ball?

I think the spirit of what you're saying is good, but I also think Lonzo would look real good on Dallas. Perimeter D, running in transition with Luka but not having to shoulder a ton of half-court playmaking and can be more off-ball. That's not a crazy fit.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

tbf at the College level Boylen's defense would probably be pretty good.

as you probably don't have very many guards/wings who are capable of dealing with hyper aggression and blitzing.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Dexo posted:

2 games back out of 4 :unsmith:

The east is really a quality conference.

The Knicks and Bulls both sneaking in would be hilarious

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

Dexo posted:

hate to see it.

UM ACTUALLY derrick rose in october 2010 scored 28 and 39 points THEREFORE,

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

Dexo posted:

tbf at the College level Boylen's defense would probably be pretty good.

as you probably don't have very many guards/wings who are capable of dealing with hyper aggression and blitzing.

Honestly, he was an abyssmal coach overall but last season the Bulls team was playing better defense than you'd expect from their roster. If he managed to not completely sabotage himself and immediately lose his locker room he'd have been fine. But, you know. He didn't.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Everyone agrees I'm one of the best defensive minds in basketball. I merely choose to work unpaid for a MAC team

Lockback posted:

Honestly, he was an abyssmal coach overall but last season the Bulls team was playing better defense than you'd expect from their roster. If he managed to not completely sabotage himself and immediately lose his locker room he'd have been fine. But, you know. He didn't.

Maybe I have Boylen Derangement Syndrome but I feel like even his defense was just a gimmick that had ok results because it was atypical for the league / teams weren't taking the Bulls seriously. I have too many memories of games where a team would figure out how to easily exploit the hard blitzing action around the third quarter and pull away while the Bulls made no adjustments

xbilkis fucked around with this message at 21:07 on Feb 23, 2021

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

WhyteRyce posted:

It was great. It started as a joke but he somehow convinced himself that he was actually a qualified candidate and held a petty grudge against the organization for rejecting him

"held" implies that he's let it go

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Hair theory is about hair being in the way of the natural shooting motion. It can be as long as you like, it just has to be pulled away from the forehead. Cole has usually kept his hair pulled tight away from his forehead.

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

random: does anyone have the Nate Robinson animated gif of him doing the I can't describe what he's doing in the Knicks tunnel as the game goes to commercial?

you know the one.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

#1 Pelican Fan

xbilkis posted:

Maybe I have Boylen Derangement Syndrome but I feel like even his defense was just a gimmick that had ok results because it was atypical for the league / teams weren't taking the Bulls seriously. I have too many memories of games where a team would figure out how to easily exploit the hard blitzing action around the third quarter and pull away while the Bulls made no adjustments

His defense worked well against poor offensive teams last season but was obliterated by good offensive teams because they could exploit the over-aggression.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

I'd trade Ben Simmons for Zach Lavine right now.