Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.
Love that there are fans with masks down in games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006

Let's talk Football.

MourningView posted:

i feel like I follow a lot of nba people and that person has literally never entered my timeline until today so I agree that I could probably go without minute by minute updates on what the weird racist twitter lady thinks about lebron seems safe to say it is mostly dumb and bad things

Same. I've never ever seen that account or heard of her and I spend half my day on twitter.

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006

Let's talk Football.
Just a really funny miscalculation combined with terrible timing for the new stadium. Bad timing = bad luck with injuries but also having a season wiped because of Covid etc.

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006

Let's talk Football.
https://twitter.com/wolvescast/status/1359598065875881984?s=21

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006

Let's talk Football.
Towns Sham-Bomb

https://twitter.com/KarlTowns/status/1359609146631458816?s=20

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006

Let's talk Football.

Senator Drinksalot posted:

He gone, isn't he?

I mean no? Not yet anyways. He had a fractured wrist and covid this year. He’s under contract and I think he’d like to play with DLo a bit before he bounces. He’s literally played something like only 6 total game’s with DLo.

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006

Let's talk Football.

JackBandit posted:

I feel like it’s gotta have some impact, like even if it just makes your man 10% worse at finding the open man, it’s useful.

It looks like novel defense to me because I was so bad when I used to play ball that my defender never had to put that much effort into getting me to do some dumb poo poo.

Edit: I think if someone did that to me in pickup I would roll my eyes. It’s like wearing a duke jersey and slapping the floor before getting into your stance

This is forcing me to post an all time great NHL clip of Sean Avery "Face Guarding" Martin Brodeur for a bit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ec_2oKWe2Gw

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006

Let's talk Football.
Good article from the Athletic where Towns basically blasts the NBA and rightfully so.

https://theathletic.com/2385707/2021/02/13/karl-anthony-towns-lays-bare-the-nbas-real-problems-with-covid-19

Karl-Anthony Towns posted:

Moments before Borrego spoke to Charlotte media, he learned a third player, forward P.J. Washington, would be unavailable for the game. That’s when Towns started to get “spooked,” as he put it. He has been through hell and back with this virus, and something just didn’t sit right with him when he learned the game was still going to be played.

As final preparations for the game commenced, Towns went to his coach, Ryan Saunders, with a simple question: Really?

“It just brought up so many things I’ve been through, and it affected me in such a way where basketball wasn’t important anymore,” Towns said. “And I remember going up to Ryan and asking, ‘Are you sure we should play this?’ These guys had some COVID positives and we’re playing with guys who were around these people.”

Just two days prior, Towns had detailed his harrowing bout with COVID-19 after his return against the LA Clippers. He has lost his mother and several loved ones to the virus, and he acknowledged on Wednesday that he sometimes worried about the worst for himself after he tested positive and a game was postponed on Jan. 15. He knew he had the antibodies that made any risk to him in Charlotte minimal. But all Towns could think about was the risk to his teammates and the Hornets players who had not had it yet.

“I was one of those guys that was negative today and tomorrow negative and the next day I was positive with COVID — and a bad case of it,” Towns said. “I understood where the situation was for me and not knowing what the timeline for the cases and stuff like that, and I didn’t know if they were contagious, not contagious, how well the contact tracing was and all that stuff, so I was more worried for the guys and I was worried for myself.”

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006

Let's talk Football.
Kat and Russell have played a total of 5 games together. Being a timberwolves fan is just about enduring.

In other news, still cant believe they're doing an all star game.

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006

Let's talk Football.
Yeah its really weird. The optics are just weird because I get the NBA I guess waiting to see how it worked out in the Minnesota Courts but yeah he's going to serve up to 120 days once this season is over. This was announced back in December though...so why now hand down a 12 game suspension? And why 12? Its just weird.

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006

Let's talk Football.
Also if you take out the Malice at the Palace participants this is one of the longest NBA suspensions of all time isn't it?

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006

Let's talk Football.
The NFL got raked over the coals and for good reason. If I'm not mistaken the timeline was something like the domestic violence incident occurred, the NFL suspends him for 2 games, the video comes out and its obviously heinous and awful, the NFL lies and says they never the tape, they announce they're going to suspend him even more.

Of course I will fully concede that enforcement of games is always going to be somewhat arbitrary but given their completely hands off approach up to now I just found it surprising they're hitting him with 12 games which in terms of length in the history of NBA suspensions is actually a lot.

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006

Let's talk Football.

i am a moron posted:

There have been wwwaaayyy longer drug suspensions.

There have, but not as many as I expected.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_people_banned_or_suspended_by_the_NBA

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006

Let's talk Football.
Paul Pierce getting crossed up by Joe Johnson to the point where he's just crawling on the ground is iconic to me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=72L-BD2qY48

E: Here's the YES call. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EyhhrB9XLV0

Or I guess its not really crossing him up, its just dribbling well and making Pierce look foolish.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006

Let's talk Football.
Karl Anthony Towns gets hosed over so much on calls. Yes I'm still watching the Timberwolves and I'm mostly crying.