Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

Salvor_Hardin posted:

It got big teen roast energy:

take a guess which of these fine people took a plea deal for rape

it's Curtis Lepore

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

Shinjobi posted:

https://twitter.com/tim_cato/status/1359302274577801217?s=20

This owns. No announcement, just quietly removed it and even when they had people back in the arena no one appeared to notice.

this is seriously loving cool

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

big boi posted:

This motherfucker wrote "kind've"

the inverse "could of"

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

xbilkis posted:

To quote a wise man: “For who? For what?”

I read that in his voice

Foxworth has started saying it too

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

this NBA Top Shot thing is melting my brain.

$45 million in total marketplace sales JUST TODAY.

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

random: does anyone have the Nate Robinson animated gif of him doing the I can't describe what he's doing in the Knicks tunnel as the game goes to commercial?

you know the one.

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

Space Camp fuckup posted:

lol I forgot about this

Yes! Thank you so much, friend.

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

Friends tonight I got in a virtual line to spend $9 on 3 NBA highlight video clips with serial numbers attached to them.

100,000 people were randomly assigned spots in line with me, and 1 pack was sold to the first 5000 people in that line who were able to complete a purchase.

I was one of those people.

my pack had...

2 copies of Hamidou Diallo dunking on January 8th, 2021
and
1 of Jayson Tatum shooting a jumper on January 3rd, 2021.

according to the current marketplace prices, this $9 pack is worth between $230-$300.

this is the dumbest thing I've ever seen.

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

Redgrendel2001 posted:

Soooooo much opportunity for money laundering.

as far as I can tell they're not currently allowing withdrawals precisely for this reason

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

RCarr posted:

What’s the best way to find out when packs are dropping?

Also are there still referrals? I’m trying to get in on this nonsense.

it appears they announce the drops 15-45 minutes in advance on the official discord

my referrals link in the menu leads to a 404 so guess not.

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

Laugh all you want fellas but I am planning to retire on my $9 investment in a Jayson Tatum jump shot and 2 Hamidou Diallo dunks.

instead of watching sportscenter I can just watch my moments collection over and over.

As far as I'm concerned, Hamidou Diallo is the greatest player of all time and Jayson Tatum is exactly half as good.

no other players exist except for some vague concept of "Detroit Pistons" and "New York Knicks" whose only purpose is to weakly defend against Hamidou Diallo and Jayson Tatum.

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

Chairchucker posted:

It's gonna be something like the people buying those videos are fake accounts made by the owners of the company and you'll never get to withdraw your money.

I have noticed that a fairly large number of the accounts buying random clips by less than famous players for thousands of dollars each have just that 1 clip in their accounts.

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

only 1 top shot drop today and I lucked out again.

I got a Zion dunk with < 100 serial number.

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

RCarr posted:

I joined their discord and there was no mention of this. How do you find out about the drops?

I got it from the discord! the "stress-testers-announcements" channel.

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

someone bought it for $2500 FYI

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

tomorrow at 9am PST top shot is selling a 6 moment pack for $99.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

Doltos posted:

So if I understand this correctly you're going to wake up early tomorrow morning to buy gifs of basketball plays for a hundred dollars

I'll have been up for 3-3.5 hours by then, and thus far my $18 of basketball gifs is worth EDIT: $1400 and rising.

EDIT 2: VVVV my bad I'm done

Fate Accomplice fucked around with this message at 06:32 on Feb 25, 2021