Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

This owns

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Zach Lavine owns

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

morestuff posted:

There were two minutes left in a blowout and Borrego still challenged that call out of principle

They gave Toronto the call? Jesus.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

I'm seeing a lot of jealousy over the powerful posting energy catalyzed by Philly sports.

Even though the sixers STINK

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Lol Bron has absolutely already been vaccinated

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Red Rox posted:

It’s called NBA Top Shot. It’s like card collecting but it’s all digital highlight clips instead of cards. And you can trade the clips on a blockchain marketplace - so you need to sign up to a blockchain thing called Dapper.

You can buy clips directly from the marketplace but it’s way better to wait until they release a ‘pack’ of clips like a pack of cards. Today I got lucky and was online when they released a pack of 5 clips for $14. They seem to still be testing their systems and this was their biggest release of 50,000 at once. You have to join a queue and then once it’s your turn you have 15 min to complete the purchase.

It’s genius because the packs they sell prob cost them gently caress all to make and they make a killing back - today they sold 50,000 digital packs at $14 each. And then they take a small cut of every sale on the marketplace, so they’re double dipping!

It’s all complete bullshit and I prob just got lucky. My Taytum clip sold for $7, the RJ Barret and Otto Porter clips are only selling at $2-$4 each. But the Wall clips sold for $158 (the marketplace kept $8) and if the Lebron one sells for $148 that’s $300 from a $14 pack.

Use this link to sign up if you want: https://www.nbatopshot.com/r/Red_Rox

Simply a hellish existence.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

I like reading posts by people who have unique perspectives and actually care about a team rather than posting about how much they love Lebron's Taco Tuesday posts or whatever other abstracted nonsense.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Michael J Fox outlived his punk rear end lmao

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Ghost Dog posted:

steph out here doing one last shimmy for the big rush up in the sky

Lol

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Red Rox posted:

They loving well should

So I've done a bunch of reading since you posted about it and I also started lurking the discord and its wildly fascinating poo poo. I hope you make a bunch of money, but the dudes throwing down thousands of dollars* for gifs of Lebron dunking because they are certain someone is willing to buy their gif at 50k are loving wild.

I know this thing existed before GME, but it's clear they have been heavily influenced by GME and some dudes are going to get even more insanely burned, only instead of holding 300 shares of GME purchased at 400 that they took out a mortgage for, it'll be like 25 identical gifs of Luka making a layup.

Which is really funny.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Embiid is good at basketball

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

AggressivelyStupid posted:

joel embiid is the joe biden of centers

Actually, he's the Hillary Clinton of centers. Falls down a lot. Will never win the big one. Manages to always get owned by violent racists (the city of Boston)

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Henchman of Santa posted:

Friends, I have watched zero basketball in 2021 and am finally starting to feel like I’m missing out. I lost any interest in the Pistons tank job when Killian Hayes went out and the lack of atmosphere feels weirder now than it did when I was starved for sports in the bubble. I want to try to get back into it a bit, if not immediately then after the all-star break at least.

Have you all gotten used to the weird environment? Are any teams appointment television this year? Anything I need to know generally? I keep up with this thread so I know important things like the Harden trade, the bad virus response, and the Jazz being in first place.

The Nets are probably the closest the league is to appointment viewing, assuming that Durant, Irving, and Harden are all playing.

They may score 200 points, or they may lose to the T-Wolves.... who knows!

a new study bible! fucked around with this message at 16:05 on Feb 22, 2021

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Henchman of Santa posted:

I’m thinking Lakers-Jazz on Wednesday is gonna be a good starting point to dive back in.

Thursday could also be a decent day with Mavs/PHI, LAC/MEM, and NOP/MIL

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

There should be a rule that allows a dunk to be worth 3 points natively. Perhaps an NBA Street style trick system?

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Apparently Top Shots got some big promotions on podcasts and in other media last week.

This is the bubble.

On Saturday they sold 5000 packs with 3 plays each at 9 dollars a pack.

There was a queue of 55000 people waiting to buy.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Surely the massive rise in speculative financial investment is a sign of good things on the horizon.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Tae posted:

Welcome to gacha

Once again, my idea of a web based stock trading platform that associates each publicly traded company with a waifu proves to be a great idea.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

MourningView posted:

I remember thinking I was going to retire on my baseball card collection one day back in like 1995 so I can't judge too harshly I guess.

There's a ton of money laundering and price inflation going on from the inside.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Rick posted:

When there are no hopes and dreams, in their place we invent fanciful ways and means.

-Remixed Pras

Who else still listening in 2021

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Zogo posted:

Zion has turned into a dominant scorer this year and he's only 20. The #1 PF this season.

It's become a lot more legitimized at least. Ten years ago there were many saying that those involved with it were wasting thousands of dollars and it was going to crash/disappear in short order. But now countries are moving to digital currencies.

The concept becomes less outlandish and absurd when one considers the billions of dollars spent on digital images, sounds and videos. It's the way the world is moving.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gr4wJSqQRy8

One way BTC has been showing its value is that it's deregulated and allows criminals a lot more leeway to do shady stuff. If anything big tech/government willingness to allow cryptovirology to continue to run wild has been underestimated.

Monetary/economic systems around the world have many layers of absurdity built into them. The question becomes what isn't stupid and the answer is very little. The distinction is newness and oldness. The digital stuff is new so it's more noticeable. All kinds of bizarre economic/stock/monetary/financial policies that have existed for dozens or even hundreds of years go unnoticed for the most part.

Welcome to the future: https://dnyuz.com/2021/02/22/why-an-animated-flying-cat-with-a-pop-tart-body-sold-for-almost-600000/

its a good thing we will all be dead soon, because this is grim stuff

WhyteRyce posted:

people have been saying tulip bulb mania since forever and btc is still going up because things are nuts so maybe it's you who is the tulip bulb

I got a tiny bulb you can put two lips on right here, buddy

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

I'd trade Ben Simmons for Zach Lavine right now.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Julius Randle, huh?

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

I was thinking about whether other leagues could but out something similar to this topshots thing to truly drove home that we live in the worst dystopia, but I think NBA fans are the perfect mix for something like this. I think the MLB and NBA would struggle to find an audience, except of course that all the degenerates in this would of course move over.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

mongeese posted:

The person who bought this from me has over 4000 of these things and an approximate account value of over $2.2 million. Who are these people?!

Vegas Dave bought it from you lol

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

How can I buy layup gifs on margin?

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Salvor_Hardin posted:

Is Ant Edwards' dunk up for sale?

That's the crazy thing... None of the moments are actually cool or interesting. I get that the way this price inflation works is that the content of the moment doesn't actually matter, but in a fair universe the most expensive cards would be AI hitting that moonshot over Dwight, Ron Artest punching a fan in the face, and the Lebron block.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Red Rox posted:

Because next week they will probably sell it for $1400. I seriously doubt they invested anywhere near $2 million real money. poo poo keeps doubling as more people pour in.

This, of course, assumes that more people keep pouring in. How many more weeks does this thing have? Who knows. I don't think anyone believes that these reflect any sort of reasonable price.

Like every other modern investment it's being pushed by blind confidence. I know personally of several people who have learned about this thing and already lost interest because they have made it so hard to buy packs. I'd be interested in seeing how many sales of single moments are coming from money already in the system versus new money... Of course if we knew that we could also probably guess when this will collapse.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

It's all very cool and funny

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Nvm!