Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

jackofarcades posted:

The worst part about the Mavs sucking right now is that there are people who have been waiting for 2 and a half years to say poo poo about Luka but haven't had a chance to and now they're all coming out of the woodwork.

Smug rear end warriors fans talking about how "Luka needs to learn how to share the ball or he'll never win." Hawks/Kings/Suns fans mad about getting clowned on for the draft. Morons who never thought Luka would do well because he's a slow Euro like Rashad Phillips. And just in general anyone who reflexively hates on anything people are hyping up.

All gunning for a guy who averages 27/9/9.

:lol: the Kings have a better record than the Mavs and Bagley is shooting better from 3 than Pudgy Hedo #vladewasright

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

MourningView posted:

memo was good I will fight every single one of you in the wine producing region of california of your choice

Apple Hill at dawn punk

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

jackofarcades posted:

Everyone in this thread is perfectly reasonable, I was talking about like the wider world of nba discussion. Talking heads, bloggers, twitter. It's all built on trying to tear people down in the guise of hot takes to generate discussion instead of good faith stuff.

I'll have you know I'm 100% serious about Bagley's double jump vs. Luka's double chin

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

De'Aaron Fox
https://twitter.com/SportsAreEpic/status/1356441955031482370

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Salvor_Hardin posted:

It got big teen roast energy:

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

I know Kibner has seen this but drat
https://twitter.com/cclark3000/status/1356646810878693377

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Russ probably spent all days yelling at a scarecrow and took his clothing as a trophy after winning

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Quickley is a nice player and pickup by the Knicks but it’s the most Knicks Fans thing for them to be flooding social media saying that not only is he ROTY but it’s not even close

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

The whole Oakland pandering poo poo actually works though because a bunch of warrior fans want those lovely ugly city edition jerseys because it “has a connection” to them. It basically the equivalent of your high school girlfriend who dumped you the second she got into college tagging you in some random past memory highlight and saying “omg remember how fun this was” and then going back to pretending you don’t exist

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

DeJuan Blair was a solid pick-up for a team that could use a rotation guy now and didn't care if his knees exploded in a few years. But he was overrated by everyone because because "good college career" + "second round pick" + "the Spurs"

The best thing about Blair though was Mark Cuban saying this about a guy who ended up playing 15mpg a game for them

quote:

“DeJuan already knows when we’re playing the Spurs,” Cuban said. “We already know what DeJuan is going to do to the Spurs. It’s going to be a beautiful thing.

I guess it kind of worked though for one game???

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Spacebump posted:

Mavs would have won that series if Blair didn't get suspended.

True, the Mavs didn't really have any decent front court depth in that loss while he was out and mid-series adjustments are a real thing that could swing a series. But he also kind of sucked game 7 so I could go either way on that.

Also he kicked a dude in the head to get suspended so he was asking to get booted

WhyteRyce fucked around with this message at 06:55 on Feb 3, 2021

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

its me, knicksfan63 a totally real account and person not something that resembles a poorly constructed russian bot account

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

He’s not wrong about work keeping him from tweeting

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

pretty sure there are no jersey exchanges in those spots so its completely covid safe

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Didnt the Mavs try and fail to trade for Kelly Olynyk

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

The Barnes trade is weird because he’s a really nice third or forth banana. I get trading Barnes to use that money to get a legit star or superstar. But then they just instantly dumped that money on resigning home grown guys and role players so what was the point

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

:lol:
https://twitter.com/Boweman55/status/1357488747563130880

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

I know the Lowe Post comes highly recommended but the last time I tried to give it a chance he started talking about stuffing and how on Earth someone couldn't like it and he sounded like some 14 year old dweeb who is talking like a big shot only because his friend Milhouse was over

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Have the kings really swept the loving Nuggets

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Haliburton had a shooting slump for a few games and people said other teams are adjusting to him. He then started scoring 20+ a game.

I love my Fox-Haliburton War Crimes backcourt

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

motherfucking Kings are the 7th seed everyone get in on this bandwagon

these loving Kings are the GME of the league to the loving moon everyone

WhyteRyce fucked around with this message at 07:43 on Feb 9, 2021

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Ramon Session had an interesting career of alternating between dog poo poo and underrated every season

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Haliburton should be ROTY because he's making Luke Walton not seem like a bad coach anymore

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

We are ahead of Denver in the standings. If Denver wants to make a big brain move, they should trade for Buddy Hield!!!!

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Spacebump posted:

Can we have Barnes back pls?

Bring WCS home!!!....no please don't

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

SunshineDanceParty posted:

Jeff Green and Harrison Barnes have very similar career stats so the best I'm willing to say is Barnes is a slightly better Jeff Green.

someone else called Barnes the LeBron James of Jeff Greens

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Geo Fixer posted:

I am surprised to see that many Hispanic fans for hockey, I always figured Hockey was the whittest sport but by a much larger margin.
Edit: This makes me wonder the demographics for MLS fans

Hispanics moved to hockey so urban white millennials and zoomers moved to soccer

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

No hugging covid protocol must not kick in if someone is bleeding

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Is there any proof that face guarding doesn’t work or is it just anecdotal “well he made the shot anyway” stuff? Or is the argument that there are better uses of your hand or defensive attention ?

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Bill Summons sucks and that book has some real :rolleyes: parts but it does function as a pretty useful primer on the nba

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Fast Luck posted:

my dad had a tattered well-read copy of "A Sense of Where You Are," the book about Bill Bradley, that he used to reference sometimes when i was little, and i never read it but the impression young-me came up with, based on the title alone, was that good players know where they are on the court at all times, and I believe that to be true even though the book probably wasn't about anything liek that. Put your hands over their eyes, they'll still know where their feet are on the court and exactly how far they are from the basket and how to shoot it.

They've done Sports Science poo poo where players have to do stuff in the dark. Klay Thompson shot 8-10 from 3 in the dark, which sounds impressive but he's someone who can knock down 50+ wide open 3pt shots in a row in the gym. It's not whether they can hit a shot with a hand in their face, it's whether that hand has any influence on their percentages or not.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

creamcorn posted:

i feel like bron is the worst player in the league to try to block the vision of, since he just knows where everyone is at all times (past, present, and future) in his mind palace.

He knows the offense and player tendencies and the defense so well I can totally see him having a clear mental picture of the entire floor. He still needs to see though, for situations when one of his teammates goes JR Smith on him.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

I don’t take zogo surveys for the same reason i don’t use google services or alexa

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

The only way I see the discussion going is Blake saying "either I'm staying at home and you're paying me my money or I'll leave after you buy me out for 95% of my money"

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

MourningView posted:

if it was actually as woke as everyone from there wants to pretend it wouldn't constantly be bending over backwards to give amazon whatever they wanted it stinks and its sports fans are annoying and it's hilarious the team left

I'm a small petty man but I get tremendous satisfaction seeing hedge fund dude bro get left out in the cold after Seattle people kept raving about what a great ownership group he put together and how the league really wants to bring them into the fold

Also seeing David Stern dunk on that Chris Daniels guy

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Sometimes r/nba has good stuff

https://streamable.com/g4kquq

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

LeBron has such control of his body he’s probably sacrificing his age to fight back covid and his body aging

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Algund Eenboom posted:

Just a brutal sequence of posts here

Stern telling a bunch of Seattle media people that he has to cut short a press conference about why Seattle isn’t getting the Kings because he has to catch a playoff game in OKC is god tier stuff

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Senator Drinksalot posted:

Wow, just cancel the game if you're concerned about the grid

Also tell downtown Austin to shut some lights off

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Bucees is loving fantastic. Stopped for gas and left with a bunch of fresh breakfast tacos and jerky and candy