Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Shumpert has been a good defender here and there but he has a hard time staying consistent with it. I guess as pickups go that's probably one of the better ones unless some people we don't expect get bought out in a month or two.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
I have always been on the record that Luka has never been great at basketball between the second half of January until June and so far, for various reasons, I have yet to have this ridiculous statement proven wrong.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

Algund Eenboom posted:

The nets should’ve kept david nwaba, even if he is injured currently. Or maybe they could give up a couple picks for Xavier tillman (sorry grizz)

You are right. If I'm going to have someone play designated defender Nwaba is pretty close to the best you can get there.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

They tried so hard to kick those women out of the game gently over like 20 minutes.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

Lmao, seen a lot of these but th is is the best one.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

Announcers have twice brought up "well guys have clauses in their contracts are based on this" as the explanation so they aren't even pretending.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

MourningView posted:

As if they couldn't still pick the team and then not have the dumb game.

Yeah that's a good point. They don't actually need to do the game even.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
I think the Rockets have indeed righted the ship. James Harden might have been rash to jump ship so fast.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

jackofarcades posted:

all it took was for boogie to see willie cauley stein guarding him

Well and the Rockets just listed John Wall out on Wednesday with the reason: Achilles so hopefully that's rest and I really didn't curse them with praise.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

Salvor_Hardin posted:

It got big teen roast energy:

Lmao please tell me it's a parody.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

lmao

Salvor_Hardin posted:

I literally GISed for "Chris Del Chris" and snagged the first hit, not realizing I got the authentic copy.

e: ^^^ WhyteRyce got the parody version. This one is somehow real.

Well I guess it's about right for Orange.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

He should have kneeled.

Red Rox posted:

Why, can't you handle the starting lineup of Chris, Chris, Cody, Curtis and Chad?

Absolutely not.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

MourningView posted:

Dang I didnt even like him as a prospect what a dummy

It should have been Kareem or Wilt but mostly Magic/Bird and then some people would say Russell because of all the titles. Like someone else said the league mostly did not exist in the public consciousness until Magic and Bird.

If you want to feel better New Yorker Twitter is still trying to insert him into the ROTY argument so if LaMelo gets hurt or something you may end up right.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

AggressivelyStupid posted:

When do they move James to the 5 permanently

I think they at least have to pretend to start DeAndre to keep Durant happy otherwise they would already be there.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
The 80s was late enough that if it was broadcast it's probably in a vault or private library somewhere or other, yeah I wish there was a way to see it. You can sometimes google individual classics . . .

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

Dejan Bimble posted:

Who are the rick and morty of the NBA?

Chris Paul and Ayton. Booker is the mom/Rick's daughter. Frank Kaminsky is the dad.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

Senator Drinksalot posted:

Seems like that extreme freelance offense would work for a team like the nets where everyone is ridiculously talented and in tune with each other.

Kenny Atkins would have worked great but he also is like the opposite of a superstar coach.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

Brolander posted:

how you like Texas so far Vic

"oh it's great, everyone is so welcoming and I really feel lik-"

TOO BAD

https://twitter.com/TheHoopCentral/status/1357364039911837699?s=20

Lol drat. I guess if you're trying to fade for Cade he's counterproductive to that end.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

euphronius posted:

West votes are completely fraudulent

Yeah they deleted all the Caruso votes.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
If the players want the AS game then why do none of the players seem to want to play the game:

https://twitter.com/BigSargeSportz/status/1357581550070677505

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

Ghost Dog posted:

people with boring or annoying voices should not do mediums where they do nothing but talk. do not respond to this saying im a guy with an annoying voice, thank you

I am sorry Pop I wish I had started before my lungs went bad.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
Arenas is pretty positive. Uncrowned Hall of Famer Robert Horry, too.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

anakha posted:

Both Kawhi and Giannis have spoken out against holding the ASG. There has to be a cancellation being announced soon.

Draymond talks about being surprised that a superstar's out of shape, and it's not Harden or Doncic. I suspect he's referring to AD.

Why in the world would you suspect that? The Lakers hit training camp a month and a half after winning the title and then basically played four games a week until this week. When did he even have time to get out of shape?

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

anakha posted:

at least a half-step slower compared to last season pre-bubble.

This is nuts.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
Hmm why would the coach say things to keep a guy motivated who has issues with motivation.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
Good to see the Pelicans winning. Sad to see the Grizzlies losing.

WhyteRyce posted:

Haliburton had a shooting slump for a few games and people said other teams are adjusting to him. He then started scoring 20+ a game.

I love my Fox-Haliburton War Crimes backcourt

lmao

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
I am not sure what team pays Oladipo but also can use him so that he's actually successful like Indiana did.

This makes me happy.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

morestuff posted:

How, specifically? Just dominate the ball?

Also not arguably having someone who is better at doing that.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

Tae posted:

I haven't looked at the standings in forever, and talk made it seem like the Warriors were in last place. They're 12-11?

It turns out that Steph is really good and Draymond is important even if he's shooting like 40% and doing triple singles.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
Draymond once again owning me for publicly defending him.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
The Spurs have practically weaponized their mediocrity.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
The Lakers do miss Howard at times, more than anyone else they lost, but not enough to have justified passing on Gasol.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

Athanatos posted:

Role player.

And that role is Superstar.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

Hand Knit posted:

Congrats to the Jazz on becoming the Dwight Howard era Rockets, I guess.

They also play defense.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
Jarret Jack has always had a rep as a great locker room guy so that makes sense.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

Metapod posted:

Lakers are lucky they won't face okc in the playoffs

Nuggets should send Murray and a bunch of picks for Dort.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
Dort was in the lottery on some boards but he was really misused at ASU so not surprisingly it was pretty difficult for non-regular Pac-12 watchers to have eyes on him. I definitely thought he'd get drafted though.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
On Monday's game in that same situation, Lebron pivoted like he was going to go left, then went right and got an easy bucket. I just think last night he thought hitting a fade anyway would've been cooler.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

Metapod posted:

Lol okc lost by 2 and at the end of the 3rd diallo goaltended a 3pt heave

Masterful tanking.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

They're good.