Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

sorry catching up on 7 new pages but are sure Dorthy of Israel isn't just a David Blatt burner?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

Rick posted:

If you want to feel better New Yorker Twitter is still trying to insert him into the ROTY argument so if LaMelo gets hurt or something you may end up right.

It's true. I heard David Remnick the other day say "Obi Oh my" on the Politics and More pod.

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

https://twitter.com/demar_derozan/status/1356793964226093058?s=21

I really hope they bring Demar back one day. League needs some type of reunite policy.

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

If you think about they should only have all star games.

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

Glad Raptor fans have joined me in abstaining from All-star voting until improved health and safety protocols have been put in place.

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

WhyteRyce posted:

I know the Lowe Post comes highly recommended but the last time I tried to give it a chance he started talking about stuffing and how on Earth someone couldn't like it and he sounded like some 14 year old dweeb who is talking like a big shot only because his friend Milhouse was over

a much heavier Milouse who has sources telling him a lot of things that he can't share at the moment and btw please don't aggregate him for saying that.

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

Spacebump posted:

I cyber dusted Cuban after last night's Mavs game. I asked him at what point do changes need to be made and voiced a preseason dark horse contender not making the playoffs is a joke. He responded this morning, pointing out the Mavs and Heat have been the hardest teams hit by Covid and to relax.

I can't believe he still checks that app.

I hope you never stop your ongoing dialogue with NBA owner Mark Cuban.

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

In an effort to summon back a thread elder I dedicate my morning baking to CBM.

Don't @me about the icing as I prefer it this way.

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

I really love anytime someone gets the band back together and I wish it happened more often.

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

Kiss From Ol'Rose on the break.

This resurfaces every few years and I'm always thinking there has to be more footage somewhere of these epic lan parties. Also, the popularity of nerd culture makes us take for granted how weird it was for the best player in the coolest league to get a giant tattoo of a wizard and want to be called "Merlin" because he loved DnD so much.

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

Need a Youtube show where KG tells me which players he thinks are Saucy

euphronius posted:

I honestly thought this was a young jokic for like half the clip

https://twitter.com/maxisnicee/status/1358461560629329921?s=21

This is amazing work

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

Holding the ball out on the handoff forever and then just passing it out was amazing

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

Drummond has been rumored to the Raptors for the better part of a decade. I'm pretty sure the Colangelo regime really wanted to draft him when they got Terrence Ross instead. I'd welcome his arrival assuming they don't have to give up anything meaningful. I haven't watched him much this year but he seems like a huge upgrade over Baynes just in terms of having someone on offense who can be proactive. Also they could do a really cool twin towers play where Boucher hides behind his shoulders and pops out of nowhere to shoot a 3.

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

euphronius posted:

The worst thing you can do to understand a player is watch them

The truth of them lies in statistics

Statistics are not even real. You can't hold them and you certainly can't look them in the eyes and know if they have The Goods.

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

That’s actually just me.

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

weird that few people are talking about something literally no one cares about.

E: what people really should be caring about is a particular Milwaukee Buck failing yet again to bring his A-game when it mattered (a Thursday night game in February against the under .500 Toronto Raptors )

BWV fucked around with this message at 14:00 on Feb 19, 2021

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

Boonoo posted:

86 to 81 is a wild score in today’s NBA.

The Raptors were stuck in the 50s for the entire 3rd quarter.

And that Nate Duncan tweet is Rovelian in its commitment to the gimmick. It'd be one thing if this was a game people actually cared about (actually it would still be dumb) but going to check the boxscore of a Raptors-Wolves game in February to "contextualize" an all time dunk is a truly weird way to engage with basketball.

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

Metapod posted:

Everyone yelling McDonald's McDonald's McDonald's after seeing that dunk as nate Duncan tries to explain we have food at home

Everyone wants to eat McNuggets but no one is talking about how revenue was down in Q3.

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

I have a list of all the players that teams are keeping an eye on but I won't share it here so please don't ask.

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

https://twitter.com/magicjohnson/status/1363947668557287426?s=21

Magic’s crunched the numbers and he’s in on Dort.

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

Hate to say it but there is something inspirational about a Property Crime Survivor making the all star game.

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

This is my type of graph (in that it confirms everything I’ve seen this year. )
Just bring back Rasho and push him around on a dolly.

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

All I want is Lowry to coach and get tossed in the first half.

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

That’s a very good list of correct and reasonable takes.

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

Covid robbing us of an epic battle for home court between the Raps and Bulls. Shame.

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

Bosh and Dwight used to have amazing games against one another. Part of me wants to look up the game logs but I also don’t want to ruin the few fond (on court) memories I have of those Raptor teams.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

If it weren’t covid I’d say do a dunk off in the parking lot the day before. Winner gets the 4th spot.