Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I laugh every time the Wolves win.

Malik Beasley looks pretty good though which is nice. If they can keep their pick somehow or Edwards turns out to be good he could maybe slot into that third best guy on a championship team role

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

MourningView posted:

Shaq is still worse because he has the same lovely basketball takes and also sucks at going along with the wacky non basketball parts of the show.
He's also a thin skinned baby

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I think the bot broke

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

did anyone post this https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/30876312/minnesota-timberwolves-karl-anthony-towns-cleared-play-vs-la-clippers

because god drat

quote:

"I am a high-risk case," Towns said of his experience with the coronavirus. "COVID did not treat me well whatsoever. A lot of scary nights. One of the things that I told my sister when I got COVID was that, 'Hey, I got it, and I don't got a good version of it. I got a lot of COVID in me, but I am going to fight and beat it.'"

Towns added: "Through all the long nights where I was just not feeling well whatsoever and the vitals weren't good and decisions had to be made on my health, I kept [my family and my niece and nephew] in mind. They pushed me to continue doing things. When COVID kept messing with my body, my mind and spirit, I thought about them and my mother."

also: get 'em KAT hell yeah

quote:

"I personally don't believe there should be an All-Star Game, but what the hell do I know?" Towns deadpanned. "S---, I obviously haven't dealt with COVID, probably a guy who has some insight into that. What should I know about COVID, right?"

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I don't get why the 100% accurate Lillard take is included with the other tweets.

morestuff posted:

Anthony Edwards still has a shot at ROY, that kid is good

it's neat to watch some of the stuff he can do yeah, hopefully he manages to break through the wiggins barrier

also as an aside, in the two game's KAT has played since coming back D'Lo has been out with an injury. Rosas must have used a Monkey's Paw wish to pull off that trade.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I think it's pretty cool that Anthony Edwards is so good that Dokmo had to use highlights of his teammates getting called for illegal screens to pad the video length

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Paperback Writer posted:

I’ve never seen a Zogo poll where the hell are they

you have to read the thread

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

The Raptors lost to the Timberwolves lol

KAT set the franchise record for career threes too which is :unsmith:

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

morestuff posted:

He's a rookie and he's showing a lot of talent, eye test is just fine for a 19-year-old

Yeah, I'm enjoying watching him when I get the chance. Plus he'll probably start getting more calls when he goes to the rim, eventually.

Though I love the anecdote from Saunders that Edwards complained about not getting calls to him so he told Edwards to just dunk on them.

Tangent from that, reading between the lines on some of the postgame press conferences from the players though I think Saunders will be gone as a coach next year, sounds like he's still in way over his head. Which is a bummer because I think a lot of the players love him (KAT constantly goes out of his way to try and deflect blame onto himself to protect Saunders) and as far as I know he was a good assistant, but I don't know if there's any way of just demoting him to keep him with the team.

IcePhoenix fucked around with this message at 07:52 on Feb 15, 2021

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Paul Zuvella posted:

What on earth is Blake Griffin's "playing future" other than retiring?

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Lockback posted:

Yeah, I heard the front office and coaches cemented him at #1 after sitting down for dinner with him. I rolled my eyes at that, but now that I've heard him a bunch (and hear his teammates speak about him) I 100% get it and I wouldn't want to break his heart and not take him #1 either.

Friendship ball rules supreme.

do you think he promised to try

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Hey can whoever does the cool dunk .gifs please do the one Anthony Edwards had on Sunday against the Raptors with about 2 minutes left in the third, TIA

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

tweet delete

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Metapod posted:

Quick Trip is way better for sure

isn't it Kwik Trip

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Edwards was good last night

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ppwJk_dH-F8

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Athanatos posted:

Myles Turner now has 800 career blocks in 368 games. He's averaging 3.5 a game this season.

Oh also these guys played too:

https://twitter.com/NBATV/status/1362248733837185030

Needing overtime to beat the Wolves when they're on the second half of a back to back should count as a loss tbqh

Especially when Edwards' game winner went like 70% down before somehow popping out

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

R.D. Mangles posted:

Here's a feature on zach. The bulls aren't on TV this season (they will have one national game tonight but will get obliterated by Philly) and they stink so no one cares about them other than me and the other Bullsposters, but LaVine has been incredible lately and has gone from a guy the Bulls should trade to a guy I want to see stick around. He's super fun to watch and I'm glad he's getting some attention. https://www.theringer.com/nba/2021/2/19/22290059/zach-lavine-chicago-bulls-all-star-season

I care.

Come back, Zach :smith:

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

i am a moron posted:

From pages back, but no MourningView you are wrong about Lonzo. Dude played 34 mpg his rookie year and 30 mpg his sophomore year and was averaging 9/6/5. Show me a player in the last 30 years who got that kinda burn to produce so little

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Dejan Bimble posted:

Saunders was helping them not give the warriors a pick this year by keeping the wolves firmly at the bottom of the league. The pick is top 3 protected. I can't find what the protection are if it doesn't convey this year. Does anyone know?

You can't find them because there are none

Geo Fixer posted:

Good now replace the owner.

He's actually working on selling the team! But it's going slowly because of a bunch of dumb poo poo he's trying to include in the deal that isn't "must keep the team in Minnesota" (which he's also putting in the deal but that's good)

Saunders was super obviously in way over his head and it bums me out that there's no way to keep him around as an assistant since the players (especially KAT) really like him.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

WhyteRyce posted:

It was great. It started as a joke but he somehow convinced himself that he was actually a qualified candidate and held a petty grudge against the organization for rejecting him

"held" implies that he's let it go

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

https://twitter.com/Timberwolves/status/1364368104759963651

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

RASHIBA WALLACE posted:

Like each of you, my son will also be named Dort.

https://twitter.com/ZachLowe_NBA/status/1364778715398479873

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Spacebump posted:

Stats per 36 min:

Player A
25.9 PTS/4.9 REB/5.7 AST/1.0 STL/3.2 TO/.555 TS

Player B
25.2 PTS/5.4 REB/2.9 AST/1.4 STL/2.4 TO/.590 TS

Who is Player A and who is Player B?

I cheated but lmao