Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

I Before E posted:

Joe Harris trying to play the 5 is a hilarious mental image.

Kyle Korver defense

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
The Nets are the most entertaining team of all time

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
I refuse to believe the long term effects of starting DSJ, both for the spirit of the fan base and the negative aura of talent on the roster, offsets the Mavericks' pick this year.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
AI isn't jealous because the king knows who wears the crown

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Veryslightlymad posted:

It's kind of mind-blowing the advances in sports medicine in just the last few decades. I remember back when I got into basketball was right around the time that started seriously changing. Things like micro-fracture surgeries, torn ACLs, and especially a blown Achilles were essentially death sentences to a career.

Shaun Livingston practically amputated his own leg on the court (and almost had it amputated afterward) and, while he was clearly a different player after he came back, was still a rotational piece on three championship teams. That's a miracle.

NATA and ASCM are the two big sports medicine organizations we have here in America. Both weren't formed until 1950 and 1954 respectively. We have, at most, like 70 years of information on how the body works in response to sports and athleticism. Most of the information in the front half of those 70 years was based off of medical poo poo they learned in the military and a group of doctors in Germany that were trying to game the Olympics. The latter half is information gleaned from what athletes have lent their bodies to science either through rehab or post career analysis.

What's cool is we're still figuring stuff out and former career devastating injuries are becoming rehabable. Really awesome for the future of humanity not just for athletic rehab but work and age related rehab as well.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

jackofarcades posted:

https://twitter.com/TheHoopCentral/status/1358988579339345924?s=20

Draymond put up the shot because he thought he was gonna get fouled... but, like, he's still not gonna make all 3 FTs if he gets fouled here, right?

Someone link that clip of Draymond saying people don't know basketball

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Athanatos posted:

https://twitter.com/WorldWideWob/status/1359741011778494464

Dort is now on the list to be a Lebron teammate in the future.

This might be the best defense I've ever seen

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

JackBandit posted:

I can’t even imagine how annoying that must be to play against, the way he’s constantly loving with Lebron’s vision of the court with his hands.

I was face guarding a dude on the three point line and he dropped the ball and shoved me then a whole bunch of dudes ran on the court going Woah woah woah buddy and the guy got all pissed and left.

Stevie Lee posted:

shake has that recently discussed superstar trait of regularly taking difficult shots that unexpectedly go in the basket

i like him

In a related note Mitch is getting the super star calls on goaltending now and I love it

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

This is the year Michael Carter-Williams finally gets the 42 minutes a game he's capable of

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Salute to Yuta for being the unfortunate half that's necessary to create a tombstone dunk

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

He flies like poochie going back to his home planet

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Dejan Bimble posted:

The Pistons started Dennis Smith at pg tonight, because Delon Wright is hurt. Dutchy and Doltos immediately understand. Dennis Smith Jr is at best a 7 minutes per game player. He sunk the team.

Detroit was getting a little bit too competitive with Wright starting, so I guess some horrible Smith games are necessary to finish the tank. Saben Lee stepped up and looked good, and I wouldn't be surprised if he gets the start.

He's one of the worst PGs I've ever seen and we still have Frankie Smokes. DSJ looks utterly scared with the ball in his hands, dribbling, driving the basket, can't shoot. It's just sad because you can tell in college he had the confidence and his athleticism isn't that bad.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

ketchup vs catsup posted:

tomorrow at 9am PST top shot is selling a 6 moment pack for $99.

So if I understand this correctly you're going to wake up early tomorrow morning to buy gifs of basketball plays for a hundred dollars

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Clarkson is the best contract in the NBA (next to Lebron

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Dunks count for 3 now. Basketball is fixed.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Lockback posted:

I dunno that Tatum is this year, at least it's not head and shoulders above. Jaylen definitely deserves it, though he's cooling off fast too.

Tatum owns his shot selection is either just lovely/not falling. 260 shots from 3 feet to the 3pt line on 40% shooting is pretty inefficient but he's still getting to the rim at will and has a respectable 3pt clip.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
I think I'd rather have Sabonis than Brown in modern NBA

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

jackofarcades posted:

I'd really like to hear you're reasoning here because I don't see it

Young big that can shoot 3's, passes well, is an elite rebounder, and plays more defense than a high volume point scorer who puts up 4 more points on 4% more usage seems more valuable to me I dunno.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Declan MacManus posted:

i'm just happy one of the pacers' two stars got recognized

Athanatos just made a post about T.J. tho

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
It's so weird to not be on the receiving end of a bad trade

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Declan MacManus posted:

the knicks are the 4th seed in the east right now and are actually under performing their pythag (expected w-l based on point differential)

thibs working miracles out here

Bunch of wins against crap teams in the last 10 games evened out the record a bit but they're still rear end. Randle is the entire offense and the defense relies heavily on everyone inexplicably missing all their 3 pointers. He's had seemingly no effect on R.J. or Mitch and Obi/Quickley are getting the typical minute blocks.

He's just the wrong coach for the team. The Knicks have a ton of youth and and he's just making them tread water again by throwing huge minutes at guys like Rivers, Burks, Bullocks, and Rose. Same complaint as before he was hired.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

The Glumslinger posted:

Remember how this was supposed to the year NYC switched alligences to the Nets? Lol

Knicks fandom is beautiful and will never become Brooklyn. It's the league's duty to keep them perpetually treading water.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

big boi posted:

https://twitter.com/TheHoopCentral/status/1366255590838689794?s=20

I'm open to gay space communism

Edit: The guy writing this dumb article doesn't include Randle in a potential trade lol

Randles legit been great this year but yea this is what happens when Knicks players are remotely okay.