Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arzakon
Nov 24, 2002

"I hereby retire from Mafia"
Please turbo me if you catch me in a game.

Pilfered Pallbearers posted:

Rip.

I asked this and stepped away, and it jumped 3 points since then.

What's your risk tolerance? If Lucid doesn't happen, you are going to be eating -70%. If you are fine with that, it definitely looks prepped to pop off like SBE/QS/HYLN/NKLA.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pilfered Pallbearers
Aug 2, 2007

Arzakon posted:

What's your risk tolerance? If Lucid doesn't happen, you are going to be eating -70%. If you are fine with that, it definitely looks prepped to pop off like SBE/QS/HYLN/NKLA.

Yeah I’m considering just plunging in like 2k right now. I really don’t wanna lose that but it’s not the end of the world.

I could always set like a 30% stop loss or something.

Owlspiracy
Nov 4, 2020

would there even be time for a stop loss to really execute? the only way a significant stop loss was execute would be if there was no merger, and wouldn't it plunge too quickly for retail investors to get out?

Arzakon
Nov 24, 2002

"I hereby retire from Mafia"
Please turbo me if you catch me in a game.

Pilfered Pallbearers posted:

Yeah I’m considering just plunging in like 2k right now. I really don’t wanna lose that but it’s not the end of the world.

I could always set like a 30% stop loss or something.

Stop loss ain't saving you from the bad result here. If Lucid announces "We decided to do a direct listing instead" there is just an immediate fall to $10-12 with no sells in between and you lose the 70% anyways. A bunch of people got hit by someone stop loss hunting 2 weeks ago when the price fell from $18 to $16 for no reason, then went right back up over the next 5 minutes. That's all you are setting yourself up for with a stop loss.

Pilfered Pallbearers
Aug 2, 2007

Arzakon posted:

Stop loss ain't saving you from the bad result here. If Lucid announces "We decided to do a direct listing instead" there is just an immediate fall to $10-12 with no sells in between and you lose the 70% anyways. A bunch of people got hit by someone stop loss hunting 2 weeks ago when the price fell from $18 to $16 for no reason, then went right back up over the next 5 minutes. That's all you are setting yourself up for with a stop loss.

That makes sense. Thanks for the warning.

Ended up going in, timed it really nicely at the bottom of that dip.

I’m wondering if this huge surge is because right at the start of the bump lucid posted they are closing in on production

https://twitter.com/lucidmotors/status/1356648640538845185?s=21

Burn Zone
May 22, 2004

I really wanna cash out some profits on CCIV but jfc it keeps going up

thats not candy
Mar 10, 2010

Hell Gem
so much money left on the table cause i rolled my calls :cry:

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

i got some CCIV last week on a lark from the other thread, thanks whoever posted it

Pilfered Pallbearers
Aug 2, 2007

I’m already up 8% :shepspends:

Context
Sep 11, 2006

PokeJoe posted:

i got some CCIV last week on a lark from the other thread, thanks whoever posted it

Same, this is a heck of an intro to SPACs.

thats not candy
Mar 10, 2010

Hell Gem
wtf guys

Burn Zone
May 22, 2004

🚀🚀🚀

Pilfered Pallbearers
Aug 2, 2007

I’m so mad I didn’t listen to all of you like a week ago. drat.

CCIV is the real GME

thats not candy
Mar 10, 2010

Hell Gem
i feel like a moron for doing the smart thing and selling off my feb calls. i rolled most of it back for march and made some swing trades today but i missed out on a lot of profit if i had just kept them and im not sure its going to dip again

mongeese
Mar 30, 2003

If you think in fractals...
This CCIV thing is good.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll
I've got the fomo

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

DAY CREW: WORKING HARD

Fun Shoe
I....huh

wow

:staredog:

thats not candy
Mar 10, 2010

Hell Gem
buy the dip?

i dont know what im doing just swinging

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

I've almost doubled my money on this thing. I want to just pull the trigger and take my profits, but it'll probably shoot to $40 tomorrow AM in pre-market if I do.

Burn Zone
May 22, 2004

ReidRansom posted:

I've almost doubled my money on this thing. I want to just pull the trigger and take my profits, but it'll probably shoot to $40 tomorrow AM in pre-market if I do.

:same:

G-Mawwwwwww
Jan 31, 2003

My LPth are Hot Garbage
Biscuit Hider
I pulled the trigger and took my profits so I dove on that bullet.

Bought that DMYI and PDAC i was eyeing.

Now to find some way to get PIPP.

thats not candy
Mar 10, 2010

Hell Gem
cciv options have been incredible returns for me and i earned a months salary today on day trades its insane. im in a pretty risky position right now though if it doesn't keep going

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

FistEnergy posted:

I....huh

wow

:staredog:

I’m up 64%. Still hold I guess?

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

ReidRansom posted:

pre-market? looks like it could before close

Wifi Toilet
Oct 1, 2004

Toilet Rascal

ReidRansom posted:

Yeah it's hard to tell if this is jumping because of memes or if negotiation talks are leaking. I know if I take profits now, a merger will be announced after hours. But if I don't sell some now there's going to be a slow bleed back to $20.

e: out at $33 with 50% gain. You're welcome if the merger is announced tonight, but I'm thinking the delay that was announced last week is in the weeks or months timeframe, not days. We'll see! Exciting!

Wifi Toilet fucked around with this message at 22:14 on Feb 2, 2021

Duey
Sep 5, 2004

Hi
Nap Ghost
Took my CCIV profits at $30 cause I figured it was frothy. Welp.

thats not candy
Mar 10, 2010

Hell Gem
sold all my calls near the last peak about 10 minutes ago and then just bought in big again. cramer just tweeted about cciv so hopefully it goes insane ah and i dont baghold until da

Burn Zone
May 22, 2004

thats not candy posted:

sold all my calls near the last peak about 10 minutes ago and then just bought in big again. cramer just tweeted about cciv so hopefully it goes insane ah and i dont baghold until da

:nice:

I was debating cashing out right before close but nah fam not any more

thats not candy
Mar 10, 2010

Hell Gem

Burn Zone posted:

:nice:

I was debating cashing out right before close but nah fam not any more

ive been swinging my entire cciv options load all day and its risky as hell. i end up either bagholding cause it crashes back to earth for a few weeks or i miss out on a bunch of profit mistiming dips. its worked so far though and has made up some of the missed gains due to cashing out feb 30c early this morning

pretty big sell off there at the end of day though. hope ah is full of fomo

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
I sold my CCIV for a 40% gain. I'll take it.

FistEnergy posted:

Hello, friends! There has been a huge growth in the number of new investors in the stock market since the Coronavirus Crash of Spring 2020. Along with that, there was a huge explosion in the number of SPAC being brought to market.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zyNyHark4xk

vote_no
Nov 22, 2005

The rush is on.
The thread doesn't seem to have a clear opinion on CCIV so I wanted to ask some clarifying questions:

Are these the possible outcomes here?

1. CCIV doesn't merge with Lucid, stock falls possibly as far as $10.
2. CCIV merges Lucid, becomes Lucid stock. Stock maybe goes up or down.

Upthread I heard the general advice was you should sell before mergers, but if you think Lucid would be a good long-term buy and that's who they announce they're merging with, should you still sell CCIV? If so, why?

Thanks!

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

DAY CREW: WORKING HARD

Fun Shoe
If they announce a DA the price should immediately spike. CCIV did enormous volume today on zero news. Way more than SPY. I'll probably set a trailing stop loss at that point. We're way higher than I thought possible with no DA. A spike to 50 or 60 is on the table now, and that's way higher than it should go based on the valuation and sales projections. But look at TSLA; fundamentals mean zilch. I think the play would be to buy in after a merger dip if you like them long-term.

Tortilla Maker
Dec 13, 2005
Un Desmadre A Toda Madre
Regarding CCIV:

Are people bailing because they don't think an acquisition (generally) is happening in the near-term?

Or because they don't think Lucid is a realistic acquisition?

Or do people not think it'll go above $40 regardless of acquisition news?

Trying to understand why people would sale now and not play the longer game? (But then again, I'm buying with money I can afford to lose...)

G-Mawwwwwww
Jan 31, 2003

My LPth are Hot Garbage
Biscuit Hider

Tortilla Maker posted:

Regarding CCIV:

Are people bailing because they don't think an acquisition (generally) is happening in the near-term?

Trying to understand why people would sale now and not play the longer game? (But then again, I'm buying with money I can afford to lose...)

We think it'll dip and buy back in.

XYZAB
Jun 29, 2003

HNNNNNGG!!
Holy piss. I have a little nap and when I wake up my CCIV warrants are at 140%.

This is why I like getting into warrants rather than commons. The leverage is insane.

Edit: Is there a way to look up historical warrant charts from within the last year or so? I.e., QS and HYLN warrants from before their mergers?

XYZAB fucked around with this message at 23:26 on Feb 2, 2021

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

Tortilla Maker posted:

Regarding CCIV:

I'm not an expert by any means having only bought my first spac last week, but I sold 2/3rds of my CCIV because a 50% gain in 2 days on no news was nice even if they announce tomorrow and I end up missing out on a lot more. If they don't announce for another week or two and the price dips I'll just buy back in cheaper.

Doctor Dogballs
Apr 1, 2007

driving the fuck truck from hand land to pound town without stopping at suction station

drat, congrats to the cciv holders today

SPACs are dope... I was in on $KCAC (now $QS) and it went well. I didn't know the concept was part of a bigger trend, I just wanted the $QS.

Gone Fashing
Aug 4, 2004

KEEP POSTIN
I'M STILL LAFFIN
when are these drat BREZ warrants I have going to do anything besides lose value

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
this is killing BTAQ in afterhours as it means their best lead is getting snatched up. they have until late ~august 2022 to find a new target

https://twitter.com/PaulsInvesting/status/1356754549311041538

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tyro
Nov 10, 2009

BrutalistMcDonalds posted:

this is killing BTAQ in afterhours as it means their best lead is getting snatched up. they have until late ~august 2022 to find a new target

https://twitter.com/PaulsInvesting/status/1356754549311041538

Lol of course I bought BTAQ today