Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cacator
Aug 6, 2005

You're quite good at turning me on.

Bogus Adventure posted:

Dylan McDermott and Dermot Mulroney.

This is a common issue.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XGqSn5Cnw74

Internetjack posted:

Samuel Jackson and Lawrence Fishburne. Pretty sure this makes me a mid-level racist at least.
But If I think back to movies like King of New York, and even The Matrix, I always have to think about it a bit; who did what role.

And Edit: that is a joke

Don't let Sam find out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8s7FdYGwFeQ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009

Son of Rodney posted:

I have such a bad memory with faces I'm sure it's actually some neurological quirk and often can't tell people apart. Beyonce and Rihanna are the biggest ones, if you showed me a picture right now I'd have to flip a coin. When they were younger Leonardo di caprio and Matt Damon would get me mixed up too, the departed was difficult to follow.

It also took my girlfriend and me 3 episodes of cobra Kai to figure out that the main characters were the same actors in karate kid, but I guess that just unexpected.

In any case it's a curse I'm living with, names, faces, it's a crap shoot if I remember any of it.

I, too, am constantly confused about which one is Leonardo DiCaprio and which one is Matt Damon.

If Damon isn't standing next to Ben Affleck, all bets are off.

I think I remember the big movies. DiCaprio did Titanic and Gilbert Grape. Damon was Borne. And Gatsby in that meme picture? No, wait, that's DiCaprio. What the gently caress, it's not Matt Damon in Django Unchained?

butt dickus
Jul 7, 2007

top ten juiced up coaches
and the top ten juiced up players
adolf hitler and mr. belvedere

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
every OP's mom.

I know I had sex with ONE of them once but I can never remember

Les Os
Mar 29, 2010

DarkSoulsTantrum posted:

Jon Ronson and Ron Johnson

Jon Robson and Robin Thicke

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Lowtax and Ike Turner.

LennyBriscoCountyJr
Oct 20, 2005

Back in the mid 90s, I used to get Adam Arkin and George Clooney mixed up.

Snyderman
Feb 23, 2005
Richard Riehle and Wilford Brimley. Even when I was a kid they were both fairly old and regularly played old man with mustache characters.

Flannelette
Jan 17, 2010

Ben Miller and Rob Brydon.

Ventral EggSac
Dec 3, 2019

For a long time, Scarlett Johansson and Charlize Theron. It's easier now since avengers, but I still had to google them just now to make sure.

KinkyJohn
Sep 19, 2002

Heh. I was so stupid, I used to think that Andy from The Office and the Stu guy from the hangover movie were the same actor!

Mussel With Muscles
Apr 18, 2002
I saw John Carter with some friends and the whole time I thought Tayor Kitsch was James Franco. They all laughed at me so I made a photoshop with Franco's face on Kitsch's body to prove that I was right

GEEKABALL
May 30, 2011

Throw out your hands!!
Stick out your tush!!
Hands on your hips
Give them a push!!
Fun Shoe
White male country music star X and white male country music star Y. They are all interchangeable as is their music.

Sekenr
Dec 12, 2013

gallilee posted:

This!!
When I saw the Phantom Menace I was unsure why she played as her handmaiden as well as some sort of empress.

WAIT. WAIT. So they were BOTH in Phantom Menace? I was 100% sure it was one of them playing both roles!!

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Australians for decent people

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

Sekenr posted:

WAIT. WAIT. So they were BOTH in Phantom Menace? I was 100% sure it was one of them playing both roles!!
Lol this is what I thought too and was about to make this post until I looked it up. It's bonkers.

To be fair they dress them both up in the same makeup and costumes at different times to throw you off, it's kind of the point of it that they look extremely similar...

spleen merchant
Jul 1, 2007
Fun Shoe
Margot Robbie, Amy Adams and Amber Heard

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Akuma posted:

Lol this is what I thought too and was about to make this post until I looked it up. It's bonkers.

To be fair they dress them both up in the same makeup and costumes at different times to throw you off, it's kind of the point of it that they look extremely similar...

Which is weird to me because aside from "skinny white lady" they don't look the same to me.

The again I'm very cool and know who celebrities are :smug:

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

Inzombiac posted:

Which is weird to me because aside from "skinny white lady" they don't look the same to me.

The again I'm very cool and know who celebrities are :smug:
Well yes, they don't look the same to me either until they're both in a film where the very idea is that one is a decoy for the other and they look like this:

But never at the same time.

Ralph Hurley
Aug 3, 2009

:barf::sweep::zoid:

I love this video because the reporter gets owned so hard by Sam Jackson that he slaps himself in the face out of shame.

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

Lazarus and Icarus

feller
Jul 5, 2006

holy poo poo i thought that dude was trolling about KN being in the phantom menace

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

yikes! posted:

holy poo poo i thought that dude was trolling about KN being in the phantom menace

:same:

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler

GEEKABALL posted:

White male country music star X and white male country music star Y. They are all interchangeable as is their music.

I hear this. The only exception is Chris Stapleton.

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

lizzy caplan and krysten ritter

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

tbf all white people look alike to me

Chrpno
Apr 17, 2006

Dabney Coleman and Harvey Korman

Amy Adams and Emily Blunt

Mark Ronson, Jon Ronson, Mick Ronson? dunno

Armitag3
Mar 15, 2020

Forget it Jake, it's cybertown.

Kevin Durand and Elon Must.

Alternatively, Ryan Gosling and Ryan Reynolds only because they have the most generic prettyboy names.

AClockworkStarfish
Sep 2, 2006

sorry, wrong hole.
Jessica Chastain and Bryce Dallas Howard

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don
LORD COMMANDER OF THE UKRAINIAN ARMED FORCES
i confuse a lot of people by acting in stupid and unnatural ways

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

steven soderbergh and david cronenberg

WILDTURKEY101
Mar 7, 2005

Look to your left. Look to your right. Only one of you is going to pass this course.
micheal jordan and michael jackson

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Tom Brady and my Dad because I've never gotten a straight answer as to whether they are in fact the same person based on who is constantly open mouth kissing me

Zugzwang
Jan 2, 2005

You have a kind of sick desperation in your laugh.

Ramrod XTreme
I remain convinced that Carson Daly and Ryan Seacrest are literally the same person.

Fucked-Up Little Dog
Aug 26, 2008

Posting live from the nightmare future of Web 3.0

Scratchmo
Pigs and capitalists

KinkyJohn
Sep 19, 2002

Tina Turner and Limmy

Disco Pope
Dec 6, 2004

Top Class!
As a kid, Bill Murray and Phil Collins. Both were famous and balding. I knew one was a musician and the other an actor, but then Buster came out and I was hosed.

Tribal Rival
Oct 5, 2008

I am this fiery snail crawling home
Natalie portland and Kiera Knightley. If someone didn't already say that. I didn't read anything yet.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
i cant remember which bundy is ted and which bundy is al

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Busted Pisser
Dec 6, 2020

Never skip kegels day
I've never seen any of their faces, but I there are a few goons whose posting styles are so similar that I always have to scroll back up to see who it is. Currently, the two I get confused are Big Beef City and ...OF SCIENCE!/Sleeveless/Guy Mann. I always have to scroll up because I know it's one of the two, but their posting style is so close I'm not sure which it is until I look.

Back when we had butt threads, it was Applewhite and Professor Shark. I'd be scrolling through miles of rope cutters and have to scroll back up to see which one posted them.

As far as IRL people, I used to confuse Jack Elam with Ernest Borgnine.