Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

jackofarcades
Sep 2, 2011

Okay, I'll admit it took me a bit to get into it... But I think I kinda love this!! I'm Spider-Man!! I'm actually Spider-Man!! HA!

honestly it does feel like some of the stuff that's happening is a little bit bad luck, I know the team sucks at rebounds but quite a few of them are just weird ping pongs. there were like 3 blocked shots that ended up as points for the Suns through weird poo poo.

It sucks that this was a wasted J-Rich game, but Luka and KP were only like passable on offense (the D was good)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006

Spacebump posted:

hope is a lie, gently caress this season and the NBA for not having better covid plans.

Good shot by Booker

I was adamant that the bubble not have an asterisk because it was an even playing field, and still feel that way.

This season deserves an asterisk.

jackofarcades
Sep 2, 2011

Okay, I'll admit it took me a bit to get into it... But I think I kinda love this!! I'm Spider-Man!! I'm actually Spider-Man!! HA!

The Maestro posted:

I was adamant that the bubble not have an asterisk because it was an even playing field, and still feel that way.

I think the playoffs might end up fine, the league sorta has seemed to figure stuff out? Sucks for the Mavs though...

Hey at least the Mavs are back to throwing away games in the clutch instead of getting blown out!!!

Spacebump
Dec 23, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

The Maestro posted:

This season does, when I saw a week or two ago the healthiest teams (covid wise) were also most of the teams with the best records that became real apparent. They should have delayed all the Dallas games when half the rotation was out. The Mavs and the Heat have been more hosed by Covid than any other teams in the league. If they don't make the playoffs, half the reason will be due to unlucky spread among their teams. This season hasn't been a level playing field.

jackofarcades posted:

Hey at least the Mavs are back to throwing away games in the clutch instead of getting blown out!!!

Carlisle should be fired. Might be rough firing the head of the coach's union but he doesn't have the ability to coach end game situations successfully anymore. I'd be shocked if any other coach in the last two years has failed as much as him when the score is within 5 in the last 2 minutes.

Dutchy
Jul 8, 2010

More than anything I think the mavs should shoot better. Everything else can be papered over but you can't build this spread pick and roll, drive and kick thing and have 3/4 of the team shoot sub 30

jackofarcades
Sep 2, 2011

Spacebump posted:

This season does, when I saw a week or two ago the healthiest teams (covid wise) were also most of the teams with the best records that became real apparent. They should have delayed all the Dallas games when half the rotation was out. The Mavs and the Heat have been more hosed by Covid than any other teams in the league. If they don't make the playoffs, half the reason will be due to unlucky spread among their teams. This season hasn't been a level playing field.

Carlisle should be fired. Might be rough firing the head of the coach's union but he doesn't have the ability to coach end game situations successfully anymore. I'd be shocked if any other coach in the last two years has failed as much as him when the score is within 5 in the last 2 minutes.

sometimes the offense gets real stagnant, sometimes we just miss open shots. luka found dorian open in the corner and it would've sealed the game but he missed it, and he's a pretty good corner shooter. idk. This stuff feels like it should even out but it hasn't.

Spacebump
Dec 23, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

jackofarcades posted:

sometimes the offense gets real stagnant, sometimes we just miss open shots. luka found dorian open in the corner and it would've sealed the game but he missed it, and he's a pretty good corner shooter. idk. This stuff feels like it should even out but it hasn't.

It has happened too much over the last two years. I don't see how it's not coaching at this point. Yeah, it's true if DFS had made it the game would have been sealed but if the game is close at the end the Mavs have lost all but 1 or 2 games in the last 2 seasons. I don't see what Carlisle adds to the team anymore.

Dutchy
Jul 8, 2010

jackofarcades posted:

tonight was strange because there were a few possessions where Luka thought he and KP were running a pick and roll and KP thought he was setting a courtesy screen before posting up.

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006

Itís been spotty and inconsistent and also negligent the way the league has handled COVID related postponements. The shortened (lengthwise) season has resulted in a lot more games in a smaller amount of time, and the postponements compound that. It affects some teams worse than others.

Herro revealed at halftime against the Kings on Sat that he just found out his roommate tested positive, but neither team has gone through isolation protocols since. Swept under the rug.

A top NBA media personality just passed due to the virus.

This poo poo started out of hand and has gotten even worse.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Hitting the Submit Post button

The Maestro posted:

Russ caught covid and went from a top 5 mvp finisher to what he was in the playoffs, also Danuel House aka the Lebron stopper had to leave the bubble thanks to breaking quarantine

What I'm saying is give the Rockets 1/2 of the Lakers title

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

Intruder posted:

Russ caught covid and went from a top 5 mvp finisher to what he was in the playoffs, also Danuel House aka the Lebron stopper had to leave the bubble thanks to breaking quarantine

What I'm saying is give the Rockets 1/2 of the Lakers title

Russ was on the decline well before covid from an efficiency/+- standpoint

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

TENNESSEE SMASH

Yossarian-22 posted:

He was getting close to career highs in efficiency last year ??????

Spite
Jul 27, 2001

Small chance of that...

Yossarian-22 posted:

Naw, he looked great on Houston. Then he got covid and had no wind or burst.

Draymond this season has been doing his normal fat Rondo thing. But when he has to play at altitude he's gassed after 3 min and can't keep up.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Hitting the Submit Post button

Yossarian-22 posted:

Russ was pretty incredible from basically the beginning of December until Gobert shut down the league by licking a microphone

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Laser Rocket Arm

TJ McConnell is fun to watch

dokmo
Aug 26, 2006

man

Morbid Hound

Nothing is more annoying than the way announcers talk about McConnell.

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

pink wasn't even a thing why is t#RXT REVOLUTION~!
and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS

he knows..

Fred VanVleet has hit 11 3s tonight and we're not even in the 4th quarter yet.

46 points total so far.

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..

Le Saboteur posted:

Fred VanVleet has hit 11 3s tonight and we're not even in the 4th quarter yet.

He also has 46 points now. Team record is 52.

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

Was experimenting more with "walking" and it seems I have missed noted Ferrari driver Fred Van Vleet going supernova.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

46 points on 18 shots lmao

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007

Yossarian-22 posted:

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

Free Terrence Ross

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Laser Rocket Arm

Dear NBA teams: Brogdon is going to go up and under when he goes baseline.

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Laser Rocket Arm

24 points, 11 rebounds for Sabonis in the 1st half

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS

he knows..

52 points for the Fred God.

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

franchise record for most points in a game, Fred Van Vleet

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

he needs to take every shot for the rest of the game.

de curry GOAT
Oct 23, 2005

Ooouu Van Vleet goin crazy

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

he knows..

It's exciting to see the Raptors really gelling again.

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

54/3/2/3/3 on 23 shots

e: https://twitter.com/TimBontemps/status/1356787726079647747

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
And now the whole nation - pulpit and all - will take up the war-cry, and shout itself hoarse, and mob any honest man who ventures to open his mouth; and presently such mouths will cease to open.

Lol are they really talking about great defense when the Clippers have 90 points after 3 quarters?

G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

this james harden guy is pretty good

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I do not hear you, I do not see you, I will not let you get into the Duggler's head with your bring-downs.

This Brooklyn court is p dope looking

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

posting in a game day thread to recognize Fred VanVleet.

Nets/Clippers is a fun watch

G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

The Berzerker posted:

Nets/Clippers is a fun watch

its a good game and probably is gonna end with one of them mad

edit: kyrie dang

G-Hawk fucked around with this message at 02:39 on Feb 3, 2021

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga

That move and finish by Kyrie was nasty

de curry GOAT
Oct 23, 2005

Kyrie 🔥🔥🔥

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
And now the whole nation - pulpit and all - will take up the war-cry, and shout itself hoarse, and mob any honest man who ventures to open his mouth; and presently such mouths will cease to open.

The degree of difficulty on that Kyrie shot!

G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boosh!
Apr 12, 2002

Oven Wrangler

This owns.