Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Yup. Now just have Arrival to slog through and its on to try ME3 with mods.

Think I'll do an Adept run.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Outpost22
Oct 11, 2012

RIP Screamy You were too good for this world.
Just finished ME1 with my Shep who has no real leadership abilities. Ashley killed Wrex, Kaidan sacrificed himself, and the Council got blown up at end.

Now onto 2, I'm looking forward to losing half my squad in the final mission. :(

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

I can forgive everything but Wrex. You deserve what you get, monster.

Outpost22
Oct 11, 2012

RIP Screamy You were too good for this world.

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

I can forgive everything but Wrex. You deserve what you get, monster.

Don't worry Ashley will get what's coming to her in ME3 (Along with the rest of the crew)

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

I was talking about you. I hope Wrex's ghost keeps you up at night.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

...Shepard...

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

In my first run of ME1 Ashley shot Wrex because, even though I could have persuaded him to stand down, I was hunting through the dialogue tree doggedly looking for the non-existent option to agree with him that we needed to save Saren's genophage cure. Always felt like a weird choice that you weren't allowed to just think Wrex was right in that scenario.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
You can be a total dick and if you did his family armor quest he hilariously backs down abruptly in a way that seems entirely out of character.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
Yeah it's a shaming doing his armor quest completely takes all the tension out of the scene.

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames
Killing Wrex is hard cause it's such a dumb decision even for a Renegade run, but the payoffs for him being dead in 2 and 3 are legit great

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

The proper order of events is Ahsley killing Wrex and then Shepard immediately sending her to her death as punishment.

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames

Funky Valentine posted:

The proper order of events is Ahsley killing Wrex and then Shepard immediately sending her to her death as punishment.

... is this actually possible

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC

Simone Magus posted:

... is this actually possible

They mean leave her behind in the nuke blast.

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames

OhFunny posted:

They mean leave her behind in the nuke blast.

No I actually didn't know you could order her to shoot him for you lol

I know what I'm doing first now

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Simone Magus posted:

No I actually didn't know you could order her to shoot him for you lol

I know what I'm doing first now

Not ordered, if the argument goes on long enough she thinks Wrex is going to kill you and takes the shot.

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC

hobbesmaster posted:

Not ordered, if the argument goes on long enough she thinks Wrex is going to kill you and takes the shot.

You can signal for Ashley to shoot him if you tell her to be ready before you speak to Wrex.

The funniest thing is if you skipped getting Garris and haven't gotten Liara yet Wrex just backs down. Since Bioware realized after the mission you'd be left with just two party members.

Yaoi Gagarin
Feb 20, 2014

OhFunny posted:

You can signal for Ashley to shoot him if you tell her to be ready before you speak to Wrex.

The funniest thing is if you skipped getting Garris and haven't gotten Liara yet Wrex just backs down. Since Bioware realized after the mission you'd be left with just two party members.

Two party members ought to be enough for anyone

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

VostokProgram posted:

Two party members ought to be enough for anyone

Not really, one of them is bleeding out and the other you left back on the Citadel, the rest aren't worth taking

kilus aof
Mar 24, 2001

Funky Valentine posted:

The proper Order of events is Ashley shooting Wrex, Kaidan dying so Ashley lives, Tali dying because you sided with Legion and then sent her into the vents, someone dying because you sided with Miranda over Jack and had Jack create the bubble shield and then Garrus shooting Ashley. Just a Failure Shepard that can't talk down any of their squadmates.

OhFunny posted:

It's because during the mission you would be left with only Tali.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

an entire day of downloading, modding, patching, reverting, remodding, reinstalling, and.... i'm about to push the button. wish me luck!

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

though i must ask, is me3 recalibrated worth it? that seems to be the one i was having the most issues with

i eventually decided to skip it and see if i could get the game working with the rest of the mods

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

though i must ask, is me3 recalibrated worth it? that seems to be the one i was having the most issues with

i eventually decided to skip it and see if i could get the game working with the rest of the mods

Of all the big Mass Effect 3 mods, it's the one that's the most out of date and its creator has just kind of given the gently caress up on maintaining it, and a lot of the things it does are also now done better or overwritten by stuff like Project Variety and EGM. But I still hold on to it for stuff like the appearance consistency tweaks for Bailey, Aethyta, and Kelly. I've never really had a problem with it except for sometimes the changes it makes to the first Citadel visit either aren't injected properly or overwritten by another mod and vanilla Bailey shows up instead of ME3R Bailey, but that's about it.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

OK, that's good to know. I'm running EGM anyway, and I skipped ALOV because gently caress downloading another 15gig at the blistering rate of 2mbps (gotta love living in nz), so as soon as this ALOT install is done, I'll be ready to go.

I hope.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

OK, that's good to know. I'm running EGM anyway, and I skipped ALOV because gently caress downloading another 15gig at the blistering rate of 2mbps (gotta love living in nz), so as soon as this ALOT install is done, I'll be ready to go.

I hope.

ALOV's video upscales aren't really that well done anyway. Also the dude behind the ALOT/ALOV is kind of a notorious dingus who causes a lot (no pun intended) of drama with other modders. For example, the videos that made Priority Earth Overhaul compatible were recently ripped out of ALOV for weird drama reasons. The dude behind Priority Earth Overhaul meanwhile is also wrapping up work on an ambience overhaul to the prologue for Vancouver and Mars, so that's due out by "Mid-March" allegedly and that's going to be the last major piece of work he's going to put into ME3 aside from working with the other big ME modders to get all their poo poo compatible with Legendary Edition when it drops.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

ok, i went with take back earth over priority earth overhaul anyway, but christ, why is there always weird drama? people are the worst

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

ok, i went with take back earth over priority earth overhaul anyway, but christ, why is there always weird drama? people are the worst

Priority Earth Overhaul has more time and polish put into it, and Take Back Earth is just getting off the ground with a long road ahead of it to get to where PEOM is. Also yeah modding is weird. There's always one guy in ever mod scene who's a complete brainbroke rear end in a top hat. Like Arthmoor for Skyrim mods, or that dude who was the head of the X-Wing Alliance Upgrade Project who went insane after working on it for literally 20 years and turned the mod installer into a virus that erased your XWA game and pilot data because, I don't know the Sequel Trilogy or some poo poo, before the rest of the mod team was able to lock him out of all project assets and their web server and undo the damage he'd caused to the code.

Modding is weird.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

The only other mod I've really been familiar with is Team Gizka promising for years that they were gonna fix KOTOR II and then someone else just going gently caress it and doing it for them in like 6 months.

Also dammit, oh well I'll try PEOM next runthrough.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

The type of person who has a grandiose vision for how a 9-year old game could have been better and is also willing to devoate 100s of hours working within its many limitations to see that vision realized is probably a different level of obsessive than your garden variety hair recolor or bikini modder.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

exquisite tea posted:

The type of person who has a grandiose vision for how a 9-year old game could have been better and is also willing to devoate 100s of hours working within its many limitations to see that vision realized is probably a different level of obsessive than your garden variety hair recolor or bikini modder.

At least Orikon (the guy behind PEOM) and Mgamerz (the guy behind the ME Mod Manager, most of the tools used to make ME mods these days, and the Mass Effect 1 randomizer) seem like they have their heads on straight.

https://twitter.com/Mgamerz/status/1362619689625473024

Anyone who injects a picture of a really honkin' good hamburger they had at an airport once into their randomizer mod as a random background element purely to troll the poo poo out of people is a-okay in my books :thumbsup:

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

IT WORKS!!!!!!!!!!

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

IT WORKS!!!!!!!!!!

Best of luck to you, comrade :patriot:

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

i'm playing adept, so if you listen closely, you may hear biotic explosions all the way from your place

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

oh my god it's beautiful

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

oh my god i forgot that i romanced kaidan and kept him alive then ditched him for garrus

this is gonna be great

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

oh my god i forgot that i romanced kaidan and kept him alive then ditched him for garrus

this is gonna be great

Kaidan-Thane-Kaidan is even better for messy drama because you can tell Thane it's over between you and all this siha soulmate bullshit was just a rebound for you, also can you keep an eye on my comatose real boyfriend for me, he's literally in the private room down the hall. Anyways, I've got to go fight some Reapers, later Krios.

Then when Kaidan wakes up he's like "wait, did you gently caress the gecko dude?" and you can respond with "you loving ghosted me, you asswipe, of course I did."

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

goddamn

that's even better than banging jack and then miranda in the engine room while tali cries herself to sleep

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

for as completely derpy and nonsensical as it is for plot reasons, the reapers wrecking vancouver is a fine spectacle

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

holy crap the combat is so silky smooth in 3

i remember now why i loved this game so dearly

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Valiant Adept :swoon:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Simone Magus