Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

There’s been a select few actors whose deaths have really bummed me out when I heard about them. Robin Sachs was one of them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Horizon Burning
Oct 23, 2019
:discourse:
the best mass effect fan video creation was very obviously this one

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Liudw5xlkU0

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

nine-gear crow posted:

There’s been a select few actors whose deaths have really bummed me out when I heard about them. Robin Sachs was one of them.

I'd forgotten. He was great. :[

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tolJGJVIg04

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

this is a good post, thanks. I might give Andromeda another shot modded to the gills. I already have it so all I have to lose is time, and that's less valuable these days! :shepface:

e: who was that guy who played ME2 like 30 times back to back at launch and got on the bioware infographic about it? Calling you out to repeat your numbers

Dr. Red Ranger
Nov 9, 2011

Nap Ghost

Pattonesque posted:

Yeah by the end they were like, do you wanna play as EDI? What about Zaeed? Nyreen? A geth juggernaut? gently caress it go nuts

The adept volus callback joke guys were amazing.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Psion posted:

this is a good post, thanks. I might give Andromeda another shot modded to the gills. I already have it so all I have to lose is time, and that's less valuable these days! :shepface:

e: who was that guy who played ME2 like 30 times back to back at launch and got on the bioware infographic about it? Calling you out to repeat your numbers

magimix?

Seemlar
Jun 18, 2002

The Black Stones posted:

Well they need to make sure they state that it’s more like Mass Effect 3 multiplayer because Andromeda had multiplayer as well and nobody talks about it. Why? Because it was awful garbage.

They jacked up the stats of all the enemies so encounters took forever so that you would be incentivized to buy loot boxes for better gear. All it did was make it a gigantic slog of “no thanks. This sucks” and I peaced out after a day or two of trying the multiplayer.

Andromeda sucked so much.

Andromeda's multiplayer got quite a bit better once they did a thorough rebalance, the 1.0 state made way too many weapons and powers feel completely anemic and ineffectual, higher level gear didn't even help much at that point. But the mobility and much better feeling engine really were nice once they made it possible to do meaningful damage to things.

it's mainly let down by support ending much sooner than ME3 so there were no new maps and new powers to keep it fresh, the steady improvements ME3MP got over it's lifetime made it's initial bumps like desync problems and Vanguards being nearly unusable something easy to move past. One of the final powers to get added to MEAMP was Warp of all things so they didn't even get a chance to add anything funky like late ME3, the Human Kineticist was a rare joy of a class and it's a shame they didn't get to do more like it.

That said, an unfixed mistake was they polluted the gear table with way too much junk turning it into a grind that ME3 never was, the starter weapons drop fifty times each instead of ten because of minor variations counting as separate weapons, and characters drop twenty instead of ten. It actually dis-incentivized spending money because your chances of getting something meaningful with it were that much lower.

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Say, do you know how to do the walk?
I didn't hate Andromeda. A lot of the side content wasn't worth doing but I had fun with it.

I wonder if they are going to fix the bugged Conrad Verner questline.

ZombyDog
Jul 11, 2001

Ere to fix yer gubbinz
My biggest gripe was that Andromeda's Multiplayer performance was woeful compared ME3 - It may have been a result of a smaller player base and getting teamed up with people more geographically distant but it was a far laggier experience and I used to desync almost every other match before I pulled the pin.

Zlodo
Nov 25, 2006

Lightningproof posted:

Oh I wasn’t expecting it, but it would’ve been cool to have stuff like the maleShep/Kaidan romance restored in ME1, maybe some cutting room floor stuff put in, and stuff like was mentioned in the Metro article about making designs like EDI’s less ridiculous. Just (relatively) little stuff like that to make my 4000th playthrough feel a bit fresher.

Ofc it’s easier for a dickhead on a forum to dream up a wishlist than it is for devs to implement it though.

e: now that I think about it I realise that restoring the Kaidan romance in 1 would mean creating entirely new poo poo to account for it in 2 and 3. This is why I don’t make games.

anything that may require recording missing lines or doing new mocap is probably off the table

any competent artist can upgrade assets, but for voices especially you need the original voice actor to be available

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
i really like the mobility you get in combat in Andromeda... but you really do need the mod crow posted to maximize it. cuts out the extra animations and makes gameplay feel so much smoother and fast paced

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC

We'll bang later, ok?

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames
Andromeda multiplayer would have been at least okay if it hadn't had the most insanely bad net code and performance issues imaginable for a game made in the 2010s. Like there were fun classes and everything, I'd have played it for a while probably

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
It's me, I'm the boring guy who liked Soldier

In my defense, I worked for hours and made a *dead on* Arnold, so I felt I had to

By the time I got around to Zaeed in ME2 it felt like a victory lap of a really impressive game. Posting with goons at the same time and seeing all the effortposts about lore, customization, mods was also really good memory about this forum please don't make fun of me.
Like most of the story with Zaeed came from chilling in his room listening to Sachs tell you cool stories, and I was just loving there for it, man

Firstborn fucked around with this message at 19:08 on Feb 5, 2021

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames
I've played ME2 probably 20 times and yet never once played Soldier lmao

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
i liked Soldier class too! i got my first ME1 Veteran difficulty complete with a soldier. it was very satisfying to have ALL THE GUNS and just face tank everything as you switch between them.

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

One of my fave missions in ME2 was the heist with Kasumi. I loved getting to explore some posh mansion in the far future and checking out his statue collection and otherwise mingling. Shadow Broker was also great, with one amazing set piece after another.

Edit: speaking of times I’ve played the games:
ME1: 19
ME2: 13
ME3: 8

I always did full trilogy playthroughs only, never a game standalone.

Lord Packinham
Dec 30, 2006
:<
I played me1 and 2 so many times and me3 literally game of thrones the series for me. I played through me3 once and it kinda killed the series for me. I tried andromeda but it felt like a pale imitation.

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

What are you gonna do, dance with me?

All the classes were good in ME2/3, it's okay to play Soldier.

Vanguard is clearly the best, like no contest, just utterly destroys all the others, but it's still okay to like soldier

Givin
Jan 24, 2008
Givin of the Internet Hates You
Sounds like Miranda's rear end got nerfed, according to Kotaku. There will be a day 1 mod fixing that.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Givin posted:

Sounds like Miranda's rear end got nerfed, according to Kotaku. There will be a day 1 mod fixing that.

Sounds like they just nerfed the camera angles, rear end still phat

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009
It doesn't help that I'm fat as fuck, so my face shouldn't be shown off in the first place.
Replace all the shots with Wrex's butt. Easy GOTY.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
Computer, give me a "nude Wrex."

LionYeti
Oct 12, 2008

Psycho Landlord posted:

All the classes were good in ME2/3, it's okay to play Soldier.

Vanguard is clearly the best, like no contest, just utterly destroys all the others, but it's still okay to like soldier

Sorry can't hear you over an Infiltrator giving fools a gauss rifle tracheotomy from across the room invisible.

Meiteron
Apr 4, 2008

Whoa! You're gonna be a legend!

This takes me back.

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

things are really popping off on the steam forums

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016
*plays rear end-reduced me2 remaster* hmm this game is just...way less exciting than it used to be. Can't quite put my finger on what's missing

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
rear end EFFECT

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013

Cross-Section posted:

things are really popping off on the steam forums

they wanted a remasster

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
More like mass defect am I right guys???

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

i also am upset that they are removing miranda's butt shots because a far better solution would be to just remove miranda from the game entirely

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

nine-gear crow posted:

rear end EFFECT

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

I am a butt-onic GOD

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
hmm... fans wish Legion joined earlier in the game... and wish Miranda appeared less...

Solution: Replace Miranda with Legion. Gratuitous robot butt shots!

MH Knights
Aug 4, 2007

nine-gear crow posted:

rear end EFFECT

Only registered members can see post attachments!

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

I wish you could see it like I do, Shepard... perfect.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

Rinkles posted:

magimix?

That sounds right. MG3 bought all the emotes, Magimix was too busy playing ME2 again. That thread sure was something.

DourCricket
Jan 15, 2021

Thanks Coupleofkooks
God drat the steam forums are a cess pit.

e:

Simone Magus posted:

Make the original butt shots an optional toggle

Even better, if you flirt with her at all. So we know the character is the one doing the looking not just the camera/player

DourCricket fucked around with this message at 00:38 on Feb 6, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames
Make the original butt shots an optional toggle