Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jokymi
Jan 31, 2003

Sweet Sassy Molassy
All of the hype for the legendary edition got me to replay the trilogy for the first time in a few years. This is the first time I've really gone to town with mods on all three games. I know it's becoming a little trite to say, but I don't know if I want to bother with the upgraded version if it means losing out on mods.

I'm about halfway through 3 right now, and I've been really impressed with the Expanded Galaxy Mod and some of its expansions. I'm a lot more impressed with the writing than I expected to be and often have a hard time telling if an email or war asset was in the game originally or added by the mod. Project Variety is great too, I really like seeing female Turians throughout the game and not just a handful of the DLC missions. I'm looking forward to trying the Take Earth Back mod, since the final mission was always a little dull in execution.

The only one that felt clunky was the Omega hub. It doesn't really add anything interesting, and all the patched together sound clips from the other games are really obvious. I'll probably skip that one next time I replay.

One mod that isn't mentioned in the OP that I feel like promoting is the Risky Suicide Mission mod. I was very impressed with its implementation. The suicide mission worked best the first time I played it back on release when I knew that anyone can die and was just doing my best to prevent it, and this managed to partially recapture that feeling without just making it pure chance (although there is a lot of randomness to it). As long as you don't mind losing people in ME2, I'd highly recommend it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

lurker2006 posted:

I can forgive the lack of body types but the amount of female alien models they handwaved with 'tradition demands they be protected on their home world' was absurdly cheap, like Bioware had such a great appreciation for conservative gender norms.

It kinda made sense with the Krogan, since they at least wrote a lot on all the measures that Krogan take to protect their women, but then you'd also think the nihilism over the genophage would cut down on that.

The codex wrote the Salarians as a matriarchy, so it was particularly bizarre for female Salarians to be nonentities in galactic politics.

It kinda seems like the main reason that Quarians get two genders is because there was only the one girl Quarian in the first game and she talked a lot about her dad. Although if you're feeling less generous, it's because if they're not the designated all-female race, then the writers are reflexively less comfortable about leaving men out of the important stuff despite being fine with leaving out women.

I think the Asari having explicitly no offscreen unseen males actually allowed you to have more of a feeling like Ilium is a real look into their society, even though it's kinda on the frontier and multicultural enough that only like half the characters there are Asari.

Sombrerotron
Aug 1, 2004

Release my children! My hat is truly great and mighty.

BioWare posted:

Cinematic designers fixed dozens, if not hundreds of bugs that occured in live-action cutscenes and conversations. Don’t worry though; the “What’d you just say?” head spinning meme still exists if you know how to look for it.
Thanks.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Am I the only one that ever got the glitch with TIM at the start of me3? He's pointing his cig at you then his arm glitches out and his elbow is suddenly behind his shoulder.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

Am I the only one that ever got the glitch with TIM at the start of me3? He's pointing his cig at you then his arm glitches out and his elbow is suddenly behind his shoulder.

The only weird animation glitch I’ve really ever gotten in an ME game has actually been mod-related in ME2. The ME2 version of MEUITM has optional new models for certain characters, and the one for Mordin is broken in certain cutscenes where his head will turn inside out or his eyes fill fly out of his head and randomly float around the room. It’s hilarious.

Sombrerotron
Aug 1, 2004

Release my children! My hat is truly great and mighty.

The only one that really springs to mind for me is Aria doing that speech in the Omega DLC and suddenly spinning around (if I recall correctly). Well that and

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Da09Wel-gkE&t=320s

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

I can't be the only one who remembers the weird broken level geometry from the end of Garrus's loyalty mission

fake edit: I'm not!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ezih2ausUA4

Hank Morgan
Jun 17, 2007

Light Along the Inverse Curve.
I used to get a giant Illusive man peering out of the level geometry in the final baby reaper room back in the day.

Willatron
Sep 22, 2009
My most annoying glitch was where Shepard's head would lock onto Glyph in Liara's quarters during a cut scene where Glyph is floating around the room and settles in behind him, so Shepard looks all over the place mid conversation like a lunatic until he just converses with his head wrenched off to the side trying to look at Glyph who's right behind them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZAc2kilvK_A

My favorite/most hilarious glitch was Aria zooming all over the room in the Omega DLC someone posted above.

imagine dungeons
Jan 24, 2008

Like an arrow, I was only passing through.

Willatron posted:

My most annoying glitch was where Shepard's head would lock onto Glyph in Liara's quarters during a cut scene where Glyph is floating around the room and settles in behind him, so Shepard looks all over the place mid conversation like a lunatic until he just converses with his head wrenched off to the side trying to look at Glyph who's right behind them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZAc2kilvK_A

My favorite/most hilarious glitch was Aria zooming all over the room in the Omega DLC someone posted above.

I don’t have a video but I just played through Omega and on one of the longer elevator rides, the elevator just stopped and Aria and Nyreen zoomed up into the sky like Poochie. Pretty funny. The looking at glyph bug always makes me laugh too.

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

I got the glitch where Aria would suddenly slide out of frame after every sentence during her big speech in Omega.

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

https://twitter.com/macwalterslives/status/1382812283286347777?s=20

time to do some artsy-fartsy shots of space hamster

imagine dungeons
Jan 24, 2008

Great, and they just removed all the butt shots. What’s the point without cyber bootie?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

gently caress, just got an email from Bioware about a delay:

pimg]https://i.imgur.com/9zktVKc.png[/img]

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Aphrodite posted:

gently caress, just got an email from Bioware about a delay:

pimg]https://i.imgur.com/9zktVKc.png[/img]

You rear end in a top hat.

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

denimgorilla posted:

Great, and they just removed all the butt shots. What’s the point without cyber bootie?

Go into photo mode during the cutscene, make your own butt shots :q:

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Cross-Section posted:

Go into photo mode during the cutscene, make your own butt shots :q:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eu2OYcgr4rM

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Welp there's another 250+ hours of game-time tacked on to the Legendary Edition v:shobon:v

Radio Free Kobold
Aug 11, 2012

"Federal regulations mandate that at least 30% of our content must promote Reptilian or Draconic culture. This is DJ Scratch N' Sniff with the latest mermaid screeching on KBLD..."

imagine all the sweet photos you can get of your mako mountain climbing. poo poo's gonna be like breath of the wild

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

As a compromise for removing the Miranda rear end shot, now you can take a picture of it whenever you want.

imagine dungeons
Jan 24, 2008

Codependent Poster posted:

As a compromise for removing the Miranda rear end shot, now you can take a picture of it whenever you want.

Release the Butt Cut

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.

Radio Free Kobold posted:

imagine all the sweet photos you can get of your mako mountain climbing. poo poo's gonna be like breath of the wild

Just gonna leave a save on the planets with the red moon and the binary stars and just take a zillion moody photos finally free of the pesky UI.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

If they allow you to change character expression and poses then I can finally fulfill my dream of having Shepard happily waving goodbye to a Krogan they levitated up so high on the Citadel that they broke free of gravity and flew off into space :hellyeah:

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames

Radio Free Kobold posted:

I am so far beyond psyched!!!!

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

denimgorilla posted:

Release the Butt Cut

This butt is presented in a 4:3 format to preserve the integrity of Bioware's creative vision.

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC
Thinking hard about controller vs mouse+keyboard for when I replay on the PC.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

OhFunny posted:

Thinking hard about controller vs mouse+keyboard for when I replay on the PC.

Playing on keyboard and mouse was amazingly liberating after being confined to the controller and power wheel setup for so long.

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC

nine-gear crow posted:

Playing on keyboard and mouse was amazingly liberating after being confined to the controller and power wheel setup for so long.

It was easier for combat, but not being able to put my feet up and lean back in my chair is a huge negative. Especially when I'm just moseying around the Normandy chatting with the crew.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

You are aware most games will let you hot swap between the two?

DourCricket
Jan 15, 2021

Thanks Coupleofkooks
Until the LE, swapping between the two is not actually possible in the trilogy. The controller mods break k/m controls when you install it.

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

https://twitter.com/macwalterslives/status/1383248269388619777
2 discs

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

DourCricket posted:

Until the LE, swapping between the two is not actually possible in the trilogy. The controller mods break k/m controls when you install it.

Oh my bad, I was talking about the LE. I assume it will have that functionality

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames

3games2discs

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
johnny jesus and the infield fly rule
what the gently caress is a "disc"

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Fired from the chakram launcher

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

Fired from the chakram launcher

god I hope that's still in

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

The discs will need to be swapped when the disc change in Mass Effect 2 is supposed to happen.

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

There go my hopes of the ME2 recruitment missions being available in any order (as was originally intended) :sigh:

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Ethiser posted:

The discs will need to be swapped when the disc change in Mass Effect 2 is supposed to happen.

That better happen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Your Brain on Hugs
Aug 20, 2006

Bloody Pom posted:

There go my hopes of the ME2 recruitment missions being available in any order (as was originally intended) :sigh:

:mods: