Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Last King
Sep 29, 2007

In corporate R'lyeh, Cthulhu works you.

Fun Shoe

ErrEff posted:

Hmmmm, only $150 for this! https://gear.bioware.com/products/mass-effect-legendary-cache

At least it's better than the Halo 3 helmet, they claim humans can actually wear this one.

good lord, ea never change.

:bioware: :bioware: :bioware:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Last King
Sep 29, 2007

Fun Shoe

nine-gear crow posted:

I hope they walk their talk at least, because right now the person behind the most widely used mod manager and creator toolset in use by the modding community is straight up like "Um, nobody's talked to me about anything yet."

https://twitter.com/Mgamerz/status/1357152746739093505

That seems to be the most fan-accepted option. Destroy is canon, but the Star Child is full of poo poo so EDI, the geth, and Shepard survive, bite me, etc.

it's ea and :bioware: so no one should have real expectations here besides this being a huge and blatant cash grab.

Last King
Sep 29, 2007

Fun Shoe

Dr. Red Ranger posted:

I was all set to be an idiot and spend money on Mass Effect again but not without the ME3 multiplayer. I easily put more time in that than the entire rest of the series combined. I wonder if there's something in particular holding that back? Surely they know how popular it was.

(It's to sell that on it's own at a premium isn't it)

they probably want to monetize that separately but it's more likely that re-doing the multiplayer would require some real effort (and it's ea we're talking about so....)

Last King
Sep 29, 2007

Fun Shoe

Shirkelton posted:

Horrific, cosmic terror beasts are a bad choice for villains in an RPG, because at some point, they've got to fuckin' talk to you.

not always true... it's tough but it can be handled tastefully.

probably doesn't work for the me format but imo the best cosmic horror is when there's no talking, no reasoning or negotiating, because there's no point. to them, you're nothing but the equivalent of a bug and you're just in the way. a few films have handled this decently, one of which was underwater (unfort. it was very slept on).

Last King
Sep 29, 2007

Fun Shoe

LionYeti posted:

It was the Dark Energy ending which has been discussed in the thread. Essentially Ezzo usage and mass effect transit cause nearby stars to burn out and die much faster then expected. Thats the seeds planted in the Tali mission in 2. It was in some ways a big climate change metaphor. The Reapers found a way to keep some part of civilations alive as they culled them when they reach a certain level of complexity as they try in the background to figure out the problem.

sadly still better than what we got :smith:

Last King
Sep 29, 2007

Fun Shoe

OctaMurk posted:

The remaster is a massive missed opportunity to just retcon the ending and pave the way for the sequel and more spinoffs

that would require real effort, time, and thought. :bioware:

Last King
Sep 29, 2007

Fun Shoe

TheCenturion posted:

I mean, ME was a 70s/early 80s movie, ME2 was a 90s movie, and ME3 was a modern movie full of set pieces, explosions, and stripped-down characterizations.

so uh... what was andromeda?

Last King
Sep 29, 2007

Fun Shoe

pentyne posted:

ME Legendary better move a lot of units

https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2021/02/ea-bioware-cancel-anthems-sweeping-overhaul/

Honestly at this point EA would be better served gutting the management of Bioware and just putting their own people it because it's not like it could get any worse.

:bioware: Hey you know this epic failure of a game? We want 2x as many people as we currently have to keep fixing it

EA: lol get hosed

actually kind of insane that ea (lol) is making more sense than what's left of bioware.

they haven't put anything good out in how many years now? at this point, i wouldn't even trust them if they somehow got the old me team back together and tried again.

Last King
Sep 29, 2007

Fun Shoe

DancingShade posted:

Also known as "that Bioware magic".

also now known as cdpr magic :byoscience:

Last King
Sep 29, 2007

Fun Shoe

still on the fence whether or not to give them my money again given their track record but i def. messed around with this and got some decent looking wallpapers so kudos to them for putting this up (low effort, low hanging fruit i know but :bioware:).

Last King
Sep 29, 2007

Fun Shoe

sadly, the multiple failed reboots and spinoffs just seem to re-confirm more and more that the original was real lightning in a bottle captured.

Last King
Sep 29, 2007

Fun Shoe

Aphrodite posted:

It's because they already have the art since she's on the real cover.

it's sad but this is so true :bioware: :effort:

Last King
Sep 29, 2007

Fun Shoe

Insanite posted:

I continue to hold out hope for the return of multiplayer as stupidly overpriced dlc.

i'm 100% sure they've already had many discussions about this internally, esp. in regards to how much "effort" this would actually take.

no sense in stopping when folks would pay yet again, but it's just a matter of how much. another $50? $70? or how about $99.99? and then, just think about the loot box opportunities... :bioware:

Last King
Sep 29, 2007

Fun Shoe

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

SO BE IT

THE THREAD CYCLE CONTINUES

:bioware: time is a flat circle. everything we've ever done or will do, we're gonna do over and over and over again. and those mass effect fans? they're gonna be buying mass effect again and again, and again forever. :bioware:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Last King
Sep 29, 2007

Fun Shoe

nine-gear crow posted:

If you're at all interested on what a shitshow LE is going to be to mod/port mods to, Mgamerz, the dude who developed most of the currently-used ME modding tools, has been pulling the Legendary Edition files apart with help from the ME Modding Discord community and results have been predictably mixed. Time will tell if BioWare's promise to reach out to and teach key people how to mod Legendary Edition is anything but bullshit because Mgamerz would probably be the #1 person on that list to contact and he hasn't heard poo poo from anyone officially linked to BioWare yet.

i'm not surprised at all. i thought i remember reading a while back this was supposed to be addressed but just typical of ea and :bioware: today. def. taking a wait and see approach before giving them any money.