Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo
I like Mass Effect and am excited to play them all again.

Liara is good. Liara is life.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo
The girl who hosed Varrens? What? I’ve played this series numerous times and somehow I thankfully missed out on whatever that bit of lore is.

Also Kasumi with fully upgraded Shadow Strike is the most powerful ME2 companion. But Zaeed and Grunt are the most entertaining.

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo
Is it show off your Shepard time?

Yes it is

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo
The biggest crime of the series was not making Dr. Chakwas a romance option. Like, wtf BioWare, let me space bang with space Hellen Mirren!

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo

Pattonesque posted:

my favorite little detail about Sheen as TIM is that at one point they told him to read a line as if Shepard was backsassing him and he was like "oh they wouldn't dare"

Martin Sheen left nothing on the table as TIM and I’m 100% positive he did with a real cigarette and glass of whiskey.

He sounded like he had a blast being just evil as all hell.

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo
They gave Benezia a gigantic space rack.

I think my favorite bit of voice acting in the whole series is when you break into the dude’s office on Noveria and the corrupt security chick says “You’re not supposed to be in here.”

And Shepard (it’s best with Femshep) very deadpan says “Do you think you’re gonna make me leave?”

It’s just great.

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo

pentyne posted:

Same with the mom from DA2.

Gave her old lady face and hands, then huge rack female NPC body.

Oh yeah Hawke-mom had a rack.

Bioware is stupid horny.

Does anyone ever keep Ashley around or just turn her into a crater?

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo
You know who loving sucks?

The guy who shows up to "inspect" the Normandy in ME1. That dude is such a perfect distillation of so many fuckhead officers and senior NCOs I dealt with in the military.

Like, no dude, you don't get to do a no-notice white glove of my ship just because you lost out. Go pound sand motherfucker.

Although it is fun sometimes to let him do it and then convince him he's wrong about it. And even if you do that he still says the report "won't be as bad". gently caress you, man.

Julius CSAR fucked around with this message at 04:29 on Feb 18, 2021

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo
Oh and speaking of great voice acting, Lance Henriksen just crushes it as Admiral Hackett for all three games.

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo

Sally posted:

ooooh man admiral hackett rules. i forget if he actually shows up in game or if he is fotever just a voice on the comm

He shows up at the end of Arrival, the bookend DLC for 2.

He's the reason you're on desk duty and not in jail.

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo
Lmao, what a chump

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo

nine-gear crow posted:

I love how, especially with FemShep, Mass Effect 3 just treats unromanced Liara like she's your girlfriend anyway :allears:

Liara and FemShep are really great besties and it is just pure joy.

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo
The Elcor should be running everything

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo

hobbesmaster posted:

Weird merged Navy/Army ranks aren't new to military scifi. I blame BSG for ME.

This is from a ME1 codex:

Amusingly there isn't actually a "Commander" rank. I think Lt Cdr is mentioned in ME1? If they continued writing deep lore entries there'd probably some paperwork somewhere formally saying that Shepard is seconded to the council and has an acting rank of at least captain but will be hosed over on her pension at retirement time :v:

While “Commander” is an actual US Navy/Royal Navy rank, in any military unit (well speaking about the US here) someone who is in command of a military unit is a “Commander” though typically they are referred to as “The Commander” especially if you’re in trouble lol

:edi::mordin::sicknasty::legion::liara::tali::zaeed::turianass:

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo
Stupid jelly

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo

exquisite tea posted:

A dirty dozen style Mass Effect game with all the reject races of the galaxy would be such an incredible slam dunk. Volus, Hanar, Elcor, Vorcha, get em all in there!

Oh hell yeah. A split timeline where after ME2 arrival Shepard’s punishment is being the Lee Marvin character

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GfOBl1NHj14

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo

Lt. Danger posted:

we did that already with Mass Effect 2,

which is why we should do it again because ME2 was fucken sick

Dude it is. When you hit the collector cruiser during the suicide mission and Shepard goes “Get in close and finish ‘em off” it’s loving cathartic.

Mass Effect 2 loving slaps

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo

bobjr posted:

I do like how proud of everyone from 1 Wrex is in 2 and 3.

“Takes me back to the old days. Us against the unknown, killing it with huge guns. Good times.”

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo
Remember when EDI said “probing uranus”

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo
Mass Effect 3 is fine. In fact I’d say it’s good.

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo

Best Bi Geek Squid posted:

female characters are generally better because boys are gross :shrug:

Femshep rules, boys drool

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo
I love this video of Jennifer Hale showing up probably hammered to the ME3 launch

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=youtu?be?Pa7niDlKw-8

Julius CSAR fucked around with this message at 23:09 on Feb 21, 2021

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo
The best way to do Mass Effect 3 is to create a save just before priority Earth, get the “perfect ending” if you can but it’s fine if you don’t, finish the game, then load that save file and do the Citadel DLC so the big party can be the final little bit.

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo
Yeah blow them reapers up.

gently caress ‘em

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo
Even my most Renegade ME2 characters don’t play nice with Cerberus

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo

Holy poo poo

exquisite tea posted:

In order to get that scenario you simply have to save Wrex on Virmire and sabotage the genophage cure. He will always figure it out, there's no escaping killing him if you side with the Salarian Dalatrass. You can't get Mordin/Padok to sabotage it themselves if Wrex is alive, you'll have to shoot them. Keeping Mordin alive is the single most difficult outcome to achieve in Tuchanka. Wrex has to be dead or never recruited, Eve has to be dead, and Mordin must have survived the events of ME2.

holy poo poo

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo
They’re gonna call it DA:I again but this time it will mean Dragon Age: Infinity

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo

SlothfulCobra posted:

I think there's a lot of evidence that EA is the cause of Bioware structuring itself towards less reachable goals with less creative power behind them, and less coherent visions and more annoying business models. The whole thing where a lot of important creatives get moved around from game to game in the middle of production seems really bad for the whole process.

Popcap has its days numbered under EA's rule too. It used to be the king of casual game companies, but then after it got bought up, it had one last new original casual game that then got remade into a whole microtransaction thing, and after that all they put out were full 3D multiplayer shooters. That's what you want the casual game studio doing.

I mean charging people 10-20 dollars for Adobe Flash games isn’t exactly the most sustainable business model

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo
Adept is so much fun in 3. Just have Liara lay down a singularity and then detonate that thing. Just absolutely murking dudes

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo
A Paragade or Renegon if you will

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo
Mark VanderLoo or bust

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo
They were saving it for us

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo
I didn’t even know about half these psycho things.

What’s great about Mass Effect is talking to friends and realize they almost playing an entirely different game

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo

Pattonesque posted:

they had like a whole navy too!

TIM is actually the chairman of the company that builds all the Alliance vessels iirc and has his hand in a ton of other military industries as well

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo

hobbesmaster posted:

In the intro to ME2 the council assigned you to investigating the Geth. They didn’t ignore it and probably thought they were assigning their best person for the task. Of course you and your crew think it’s bullshit because they actually had a chat with sovereign.

“My money’s on slavers.”

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo
Agreed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo

Android Blues posted:

The same thing happens with EDI, where she does the whole fish-out-of-water Bicentennial Man trying to learn how to love routine for much of her ME3 character development. It just feels like a lazy way to write AI characters, making their sole drive an uncomplicated desire to be "human" and their storylines about their progress towards that goal.

I’ve always kinda wondered how a dude with brittle bone disease is supposed to gently caress a robot.