Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

imagine dungeons
Jan 24, 2008

Like an arrow, I was only passing through.

Zikan posted:

Andromeda is more fun if you interpret the whole project as a completely mismanaged theranos style start up disaster and all of the people who signed on being failsons /faildaughters, grifters, and the general idiots of society who would sign up for a colonization program that’s run like the worst Silicon Valley company.

I thought you were describing making the game at first.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

imagine dungeons
Jan 24, 2008

They made an entire race of people looking like dick-headed cat fetuses.

imagine dungeons
Jan 24, 2008

I thought the Sara Ryder VO was pretty good actually!

imagine dungeons
Jan 24, 2008

Can't argue with that. That must have been one massive ME:A she was taking.

imagine dungeons
Jan 24, 2008

Soylent Pudding posted:

Though there was the whole creepy Protheans apparently treating them the way Star Trek fans treat Thailand thing. I've always wondered how much of the Asari proclivity for interspecies reproduction is a result of a different kind of Prothean grooming.

I’m sure I’ll regret asking but what’s up with Star Trek fans and Thailand?

imagine dungeons
Jan 24, 2008

Shepard, a rogue Cerberus cell is developing a plan to colonize the Andromeda system. Put together a team and eliminate them before things get out of hand.

imagine dungeons
Jan 24, 2008

bobjr posted:

Didn’t they admit that Sovereign was way too strong in the cutscene, which kind of made the reapers seem too invincible as villains moving forward?

I think where they really messed up was the infinite looking amount of them at the end of ME2.

imagine dungeons
Jan 24, 2008

Buschmaki posted:

I like how in Jade Empire if you try romancing dawn star and the silk fox and put off choosing one of them until the end they become homies and both dump you

Jade Empire sets the standard for cartoonish super-villainy from the main character.

imagine dungeons
Jan 24, 2008

UnderFreddy posted:

True, which imo kind of sucks, because I really liked how they initially set up Closed Fist vs Open Palm. Too bad

Yeah, it’s definitely a cool concept at first. Doesn’t take long to go off the rails into mustache twirling. I think I had one companion left, the demon, with me at the end after everyone either peaced out because I was far worse than the main villain or I killed them.

imagine dungeons
Jan 24, 2008

Vagabong posted:

This thread reminded me how much I loved mass effect, which kinda highlights the shame to me how much it shat the bed past 2, and how nothing has really been able to hit the same high since then.

There's been a ton of games since 2 with far better writing, but the game had a sorta low commitment campy charm that hasn't really been matched.

I think 3 is still a really great game even with its flaws.

imagine dungeons
Jan 24, 2008

WrightOfWay posted:

My only problem with ME3's weapon system is that powers usually felt a lot more powerful than guns (especially on higher difficulties where the damage of power combos increased with difficulty and weapon damage did not) so it was pretty much always better to just carry one for maximum recharge speed.

Guns felt pretty powerful in the hands of Soldiers and Infiltrators and the Talon/shotguns on the vanguard felt pretty strong but otherwise yeah they were secondary on every other class.

imagine dungeons
Jan 24, 2008

8one6 posted:

It's going to be hilarious when we find out that the only changes to the re-release are some up-res'ed textures, a couple of new models, and the removal of the butt-cam from ME2.

They replaced the Illusive Man’s cigarette with a vape.

Shepard *vapes volcano dragon cloud*, a rogue cerberus splinter cell has cornered the market on pineapple vape juice. You know what to do.

imagine dungeons fucked around with this message at 09:30 on Mar 2, 2021

imagine dungeons
Jan 24, 2008

DourCricket posted:

Minor aside here in case we have any vinyl fans -

Spacelab9 is doing a repress of the Mass Effect trilogy 4x LP. Should go up for pre-sale in about 20 minutes
https://spacelab9.com/

e: image too big. One sec. Fixed..?
Yar. Fixed. kudos to u/mynickismyown on reddit for the image grab

If I collected vinyl, I would be super into that. Pretty cool!

imagine dungeons
Jan 24, 2008

To be honest, I’ve known there are mods available but never really been interested because the base games are so darn fun and good! I don’t even mind mass effect 2 loading screens because I think they look cool. Maybe an elevator speed up mod for ME1 but that didn’t even really bother me last time I played it a few years ago. I am excited about the remaster but have no real wants or expectations.

imagine dungeons
Jan 24, 2008

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

You remember wrong, it's not even top 3

What are the top 3? I’ve played Infiltrator and Soldier and Sentinel on insanity. Infiltrator and Soldier were similar and not too challenging. Shotgun Sentinel was pretty fun and sometimes frantic.

imagine dungeons
Jan 24, 2008

Bloody Pom posted:

TBH even if Destroy wipes out the Geth there's nothing to stop the Quarians from just, y'know. Trying again, this time without attempting to genocide them when they achieve sapience. Plus it undoes all the weird Pinocchio bullshit they pulled with the Geth in 3.

Its probably safe to say that Quarians, as a whole, would be opposed to creating new sentient AI beings. Maybe going out on a limb here but...

imagine dungeons
Jan 24, 2008

I'm doing a Sentinel don't give a poo poo about weapon weights run trying out the stuff I've overlooked over the years and goddamn the Venom shotgun is super rad. Salarians know what they're doing! The Striker is pretty funny too. And the Kishok harpoon gun is hilarious. So many good guns in this game.

imagine dungeons
Jan 24, 2008

VostokProgram posted:

can geth get cyber aids

Doesn’t seem like the geth have any need for personal assistants.

imagine dungeons
Jan 24, 2008

Willatron posted:

My most annoying glitch was where Shepard's head would lock onto Glyph in Liara's quarters during a cut scene where Glyph is floating around the room and settles in behind him, so Shepard looks all over the place mid conversation like a lunatic until he just converses with his head wrenched off to the side trying to look at Glyph who's right behind them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZAc2kilvK_A

My favorite/most hilarious glitch was Aria zooming all over the room in the Omega DLC someone posted above.

I don’t have a video but I just played through Omega and on one of the longer elevator rides, the elevator just stopped and Aria and Nyreen zoomed up into the sky like Poochie. Pretty funny. The looking at glyph bug always makes me laugh too.

imagine dungeons
Jan 24, 2008

Great, and they just removed all the butt shots. What’s the point without cyber bootie?

imagine dungeons
Jan 24, 2008

Codependent Poster posted:

As a compromise for removing the Miranda rear end shot, now you can take a picture of it whenever you want.

Release the Butt Cut

imagine dungeons
Jan 24, 2008

8one6 posted:

I'm pretty sure that there wasn't a single Batarian in the series that didn't deserve a Renegade Interrupt to the face.

The Batarian (Bray?) in the omega DLC is pretty cool.

imagine dungeons
Jan 24, 2008

I’m punching the reporter when I play through. Deal with it.

imagine dungeons
Jan 24, 2008

Gaben

imagine dungeons
Jan 24, 2008

What are some of the standout weapons in Andromeda? Like, new weapons that weren’t in the trilogy. I’ve been rocking the Talon but want to branch off into the funky stuff.

imagine dungeons
Jan 24, 2008

Alright respecced my dude to rock a Dhan Shotgun and Krogan Warhammer. Will report back. Also trying out the Remnant construct as well because I just unlocked that.

imagine dungeons
Jan 24, 2008

Psion posted:

Any of the Remanant or Kett guns are worth a try if "not in the original trilogy" is your key requirement, there's one kett pistol with homing plasma shots that's pretty fun. Angara guns never did much for me, same outcast. But the real strength is the mods you can slap into any gun to make it act totally unlike its base form, the full auto Valkyrie being my favorite of that type.

I’ve been eyeballing some of those mods too. They look pretty funny like “turn into a beam weapon”.

imagine dungeons
Jan 24, 2008

Fuzz posted:

Kaiden also rules and is the one normal and well adjusted squadmate in the series. He doesn't need Shepard to figure out who he is or get poo poo done, he's taking care of his own poo poo and is a pretty great person to begin with, amazingly enough, instead of a space racist hillbilly whose backstory is an allegory for the Confederacy.

He’s also a much more useful companion in 3.

imagine dungeons
Jan 24, 2008

Fuzz posted:

Yeah man, Germany in the 30s and early 40s was all about rounding up Jews and sending them to camp. Totally don't need to hold the individuals responsible when it's just their culture.

(Your statement comes across as you're justifying Garrus being a poo poo by saying, "well that's just how Turians are." It is a bad excuse and terribly flawed logic.)

WTF is this poo poo.

imagine dungeons
Jan 24, 2008

Who gives a loving poo poo about space-politics? I’m busy shooting endless streams of exploding nerf balls at bipedal hairless cats.

In between crashes that is. Anyone else get a bug where it won’t load saves on planet H-047c (the planet with Vetra’s loyalty mission) ? I’m thinking I might just have to go through it in one go without reloading.

imagine dungeons
Jan 24, 2008

edogawa rando posted:

ME3 has a lot of problems, for all the fun that it actually is. There's a game made up of really good bits, but at times, it can't stop getting in its own way, like the heavy-handed shift in how Cerberus acts between 2 and 3 (in all fairness, how they're portrayed in 3 is very much in line with what we saw in ME1).

For me, the worst aspect is how frequently the game arbitrarily takes control away from you, and the front-loading of the game with a barrage of unskippable cut-scenes is such a loving hump to get over. It's not as bad as Max Payne 3, where it was like "cut scene, walk down hallway, cut scene," due to their attempt at making it a seamless game and hiding the levels loading behind cut scenes, but honestly, after the 4th or 5th one in a row, it's like "gently caress off, Bioware. gently caress right off the nearest cliff."

Still not as lovely and tryhard as THE EDGIEST EDGEBOI IN THE EDGY-VERSE Kai "EDGY EDGY EDGE EDGE EDGE" Leng. So edgy I almost cut myself on his edgy edge.

Mass Effect 3 does suffer a lot from the unskippable cut scenes and railroad tracks after multiple plays. I didn't really mind it so much the first time through though but I've played through the opening scene probably 25+ times. Still got a lot of love for it and even though 2 is strictly better, I'm more fond of it in certain ways. I do hope that whenever Mass Effect 4 or whatever comes out that they lean more towards the curated combat experience of 2 and 3 rather than the open world combat of 1 and Andromeda... fun though they are.

edit: to report back on weapons in ME:A, the Dhan shotgun is really awesome and I shouldn't have been surprised it wasn't a traditional shotgun. I don't see myself switching off of the Krogan hammer any time soon although the Asari Sword and Cryo-Gauntlet are great. The real MVP is the weapon mods though. It opened up a whole new world of wacky fun.

imagine dungeons fucked around with this message at 06:06 on Aug 21, 2021

imagine dungeons
Jan 24, 2008

Ugly In The Morning posted:

Those were just bunks I thought, you got the crew conditions codex entry for looking at them.

The ones in the back of the crew deck just before the room that Garrus hangs out in ME2? Are those just sleep pods or cryo pods?

imagine dungeons
Jan 24, 2008

Major Isoor posted:

Speaking of the Quarians, seeing as I've only played through ME3 once I haven't been able to try this - what happens if you side with the Geth against their makers, then pick the destroy ending - thus wiping out the Geth? Does it touch on the subject of what happened in that region of space, at all?

I don’t think they reference it again. On another note, the first time I played through and was romancing Tali and accidentally supported Legion during Priority Rannoch. What a bummer. ME3 goes after the feels on a lot of your dick moves. Like betraying Wrex actually made me feel like a bad person.

imagine dungeons
Jan 24, 2008

I legit feel bad for the members of my squad in ME2 that don't have some sort of sweet cyber shades.

imagine dungeons
Jan 24, 2008

Blastedhellscape posted:

Just did my first playthrough of ME2 as a sentinel, and it was a blast. Way overpowered class too. I think I died two or three times total, playing on hardcore.

A little underwhelming going into ME3 with the sentinel, though. They really nerfed tech armor, and you don't get a fun new secondary power the way vanguards do with nova or engineers do with turrets. It's still nice to have a character with a power available for every possible situation, but I miss the loop of wading into enemies to intentionally take damage so that my assault armor blows up and knocks them all on the ground at once.

Are there some fun builds/playstyles you can do with sentinels in ME3 that I'm maybe not thinking of?

You can lean into being an awesome caster as well! Sentinels are rad and can be played as Doomguy or space wizard.

imagine dungeons
Jan 24, 2008

sassassin posted:

You don't have to mod the game to get that, that's what Normal is.

For real though, what’s even the point? That’s like, literally the main difference between lower and higher difficulties.

imagine dungeons
Jan 24, 2008

Vermain posted:

Biotics are one of the soft sci-fi setting conceits that break down under the barest scrutiny. They really should've just made the exposition something like, "Biotics are adaptable frontline soldiers and thus highly valuable," and left it at that.

Screw you, Flight Lieutenant.

imagine dungeons
Jan 24, 2008

I know I'm late on this but I was laughing within 10 seconds.

imagine dungeons
Jan 24, 2008

christmas boots posted:

We see him entering that way, but I think there's some ambiguity if he was actually in talks at that specific moment, or if those meetings with the Council were just why he was on the Citadel at all at the time. I like to think it's the former though

Wrex just keeps tabs on Shepard because he knows that’s where the good fights are.

Shepard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

imagine dungeons
Jan 24, 2008

Which Shepard is your fave Shep? I think Jennifer Hale pulls off badass “I will do whatever it takes and crush you under my heel” and Mark Meer pulls off the smarmy sarcastic one-liners better.