Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Utgardaloki posted:

ME1 has the best gameplay because it's the most RPG and the least cover shooter.

cover shooters are a loving blight and they always were. what a black hole of lovely ideas. ME1's gameplay is, I mean this genuinely; factually and objectively better than Gears of War or whatever anyone's favorite cover shooter is.

this is an extremely correct post

me1 also had the best story by a country mile

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

failing to be a cover shooter is better than succeeding at being a cover shooter

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Radio Free Kobold posted:

wow i can tell mass effect is going to be a great RPG, i hope this game is as cool as the trailers make it out to be. it's a bioware game (the people who made kotor and neverwinter knights!) so you know it's gonna be good right?

i feel very alone in that i did not give a hot flying gently caress about bioware before mass effect, i bought that poo poo because it looked rad as hell and then i played it and it was rad as hell. still prolly my favorite 360 game.

then me3 came out and was the game that turned me into a massive fuckin cynic but oh well they can't all be winners i guess.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Blue Raider posted:

The main mission planets in the first one are some of the best video game atmosphere I’ve ever encountered.

yeah they kicked rear end. omega also kicked rear end.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

exquisite tea posted:

Pinnacle Station was so bad EA removed it from their marketplace, pretty sure you can't even buy it anywhere to this day.

i can still buy it right now through the xbox live marketplace

i don't even remember what pinnacle station was, at all, despite completing it back in the day

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

ultrachrist posted:

3 is a very stupid game top-to-bottom. The awful ending hogs the spotlight. Are they really not including the multiplayer??

yeah, 3 falls apart the moment you meet SPACE NINJA and it never really recovers from there. tuchanka's alright, the rest of the game is poo.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Zeron posted:

Yeah everyone complains about the ending to three but it literally starts with the most annoying ninja and turning EDI into a sexbot. The beginning is just as bad.

kai leng isn't just annoying, he's also embarrassing. like what a 12-year-old boy would think is a cool, edgy badass.

so i guess it makes sense knowing that at the time ea were using middle schoolers to focus test their games.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Best Bi Geek Squid posted:

ME 1-3 let you play as femshep while she romanced the ladies and shot reapers in the dome A+++

ME Andromeda was just...bad. it wasn't just the animations (although facial animations are still hideous and do hurt the storytelling). it was mainly that everything is a giant pain in the rear end and the characters are completely flat

calling the characters completely flat is unfair. for example, peebee is aggressively, insufferably terrible.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Codependent Poster posted:

The tease for the next game had Liara and a dead Reaper.

They really need to pick up after ME3 and use the destroy ending with Shepard alive.

i swore i read somewhere years ago that at least internally, bioware had made destroy the canon ending

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

i also am upset that they are removing miranda's butt shots because a far better solution would be to just remove miranda from the game entirely

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Codependent Poster posted:

Last year I replayed ME2 and I was surprised to find that a lot of things I remember liking about the series came from the third game. If only it hadn't shot off both feet at the ending it would have been remembered just as fondly as ME2, and maybe better. But that ending just poo poo all over everything to the point where it almost killed the series.

the ending was loving terrible but also the rest of the game sucked massive amounts of rear end. kai leng is the most embarrassing character in video game history.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Lord Packinham posted:

The ending to ME3 was the mercy kill at the end. There was plenty of bad in ME3 before that. Some good too though with Wrex and Mordin.

yeah tuchanka was the one time the game actually worked. if the rest of it was even half as good as that it i would've been happy.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Radio Free Kobold posted:

who even thought kai leng was a good idea? he's like a bad fanfiction character.

ea were focus testing their games with middle-school boys. including their m-rated games. they openly admitted this. that's prolly a good portion of why kai leng exists.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Funky See Funky Do posted:

That does not appear to be on steam. Seems like Everspace 2 (which is early access) or Star Wars Squadron (I hate everything star wars) are all there really is.

It's weird how few space games there are!

x3: terran conflict, elite: dangerous

if you wanna go real old-school about it, there's starflight, buck rogers: countdown to doomsday and star control 2. in fact all three of these games are extremely mass effect if it were made 30 or so years ago.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

andromeda was a total pile of poo poo top to bottom, start to finish, and was extremely deserving of its award for worst game of 2017 from giant bomb dot com

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Blue Raider posted:

DICE is too. I can't imagine what happened behind doors to gently caress up BF5 as much as it was and BF1 to a lesser degree even though it was generally liked. The choices that DICE made with BF5 were so odd that I can't imagine them coming from EA. What a piece of poo poo game, especially coming from the people that made Bad Company 2.

dice is on record saying they don't understand why people liked bad company 2 so much, so it really should not be a surprise that nothing they've made since comes even remotely close to matching that game