Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.

Codependent Poster posted:

I never finished MEA when it came out. I just got a bunch of mods for it so I might give it another go here though.

You got this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lhC46YsFDR0

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

She has two voices.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Jacob's cool. They should make more games with him in them.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Rinkles posted:

kinda crazy that even ME3 didn't have PC controller support, when you think about it. that was the tail end of the 360 era.

If I remember correctly, it also doesn't have voice chat.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

No text chat, sorry.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Bloopsy posted:

The closest my Shepard ever got to embracing anything related to Tali was supporting her decision to throw herself off a cliff.

I don't think I could ever murder someone who was a child when I met them.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Horrific, cosmic terror beasts are a bad choice for villains in an RPG, because at some point, they've got to fuckin' talk to you.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

They already changed the ending and it sucked, why would you want a worse team to try and do it.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Shrimp or Shrimps posted:

What the fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck

There's a very early prototype video of a low-res avenger being pointed at a low-res mako somewhere.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

A multiplayer Mass Effect FPS wouldn't work.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

trigger9631 posted:

My wife likes to watch games with good story and voice acting, like TLOU 1 + 2. Is the Mass Effect series at all similarly watchable? I’m probably gonna pick up the remaster since I’ve never played the series and always wanted to, but it would be a nice bonus if we can experience them together.

If she likes Sci-fi, yeah.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

The games look fantastic, but some of the stylistic choices have gone missing in the interim. 2/10.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Game runs really well on PS5. You can skip conversations in elevators now.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Piell posted:

They do, but getting 1 million credits earns you the Rich achievement which also unlocks Spectre Master Gear which is the best in the game

Spectre weapons unlock for purchase as soon as you become a Spectre in this one.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Huh, they've changed all the guns in Mass Effect 1. The weapons that look like the Vindicator now fire semi-auto, the ones that look like Carnifex's are now burst pistols, etc. That's neat.

Aphrodite posted:

Someone remind me..

In ME1, do the weapon mods I apply get locked to the weapon or can I just freely use whatever I have on me?

They're not locked, you can take them out and it even has an auto-transfer when you equip a new weapon.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

bagrada posted:

Who was the goon in the ME2 thread who was going on 16+ playthroughs. I wonder what his final count was and if he can double it with this edition.

Pretty sure they broke past 30 or so.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I wouldn't advise romancing Morgan.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Mass Effect 2 > Mass Effect 3 > Mass Effect: Infiltrator > Mass Effect: Galaxy > Anthem > Mass Effect.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Lt. Danger posted:

it's good to have to think about what powers to use, in combination with the rest of your squad

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XzkCmidjeHc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Someone earlier suggested that Mass Effect is about exploring the galaxy and that's the funniest thing I've ever heard.

Imagine Edmund Hilary reaching the summit of Everest and it being a pre-fab room with a bunch of 4x4 boxes spread about.