Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT
The story was bad, very few memorable or even likeable characters, and constant janky loving animations but...

Gameplay-wise (powers and combos and pew pew and poo poo) I think Andromeda was the best ME.

Thank you for reading my hot take.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT
Shepard died on earth when the reaper fired, the whole 3 endings on the citadel after that was just a random firing of dying neurons dream, Jacob's Ladder style.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT
You big...stupid...jellyfish!

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT
Vega, Zaeed, and evil renegade Shep would have forced the Salarians to mass produce those Tuchanka bombs, and nuked every planet the reapers even looked at.

There's your renegade destroy ending.

E: they would have personally hand delivered every bomb too.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

Psycho Landlord posted:

Counterpoint: The bit where dudeshep has an existential crisis about the way he talks to people is loving gold

I should go?

I...should go?

I should go?

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT
Blowing up that rear end in a top hat krogan during Mordin's loyalty mission is too perfect not to do it every single time, even on a Paragon playthrough.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

exquisite tea posted:

You gotta let him go on a little bit though, to get the full effect.

Well yeah, the art is in the timing.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

LionYeti posted:

It was the Dark Energy ending which has been discussed in the thread. Essentially Ezzo usage and mass effect transit cause nearby stars to burn out and die much faster then expected. Thats the seeds planted in the Tali mission in 2. It was in some ways a big climate change metaphor. The Reapers found a way to keep some part of civilations alive as they culled them when they reach a certain level of complexity as they try in the background to figure out the problem.

I know the global warming analogy is eyerolling and heavy handed, but I would have liked this idea better as the reapers' motive.

To me, it makes more sense for the cycle to be 'AI takes "save civilization" order to its most extreme logical conclusion, hilarity ensues' rather than synth/organic foreverwar.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT
This poo poo is why 3's endings never bothered me that much. Yeah the red/blue/green poo poo was bad/lazy writing etc. etc. But all the little callbacks throughout 3 to poo poo you did or didn't do made the whole game feel like it was the ending to me, most everything except the reapers felt like it got tied up and paid off before priority: earth. And I enjoyed the ride for what it was.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

Dapper_Swindler posted:

i just remembered a thing that annoyed me about ME:A. the different ammo types do jack poo poo. like i loved inferno ammo in the other games but it doesnt do anything in ME:A, like you dont even see dudes get turned to ash and poo poo.

And that poo poo was a goddamned consumable!

Like, ME2/3 had it as powers, which I didn't like very much either, but it was workable.

Ammo types were mods in ME1 and should have stayed that way imo.

And the MEA consumables only lasted for like, a clip before you had to reapply them.
like I had loving time to open a context menu in the middle of a fight

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

Kurieg posted:

3 clips, but yeah.

Also the remnant 3 round burst assault rifle just melted loving everything anyways, ammo or no.

My point is, you put disruptor on a pistol to pop shields, drop a singularity, then switch to an AR with inferno rounds to burn those assholes down!

Like God and Zaeed intended!

Error 404 fucked around with this message at 02:09 on Feb 25, 2021

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

kilus aof posted:

You could still do that with Mass Effect 2's system since powers attached to the gun not the player. It's just only combat classes got the ammo powers so you had to use squadmates ammo powers if you weren't.

Oh I know, I was just trying to be funny.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

Dapper_Swindler posted:

the turian city getting bombed by an engine core

Do you want Biotics?

Because THAT'S how you get Biotics!

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

nine-gear crow posted:

The Diffusive Man

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

Bloody Pom posted:

Shepard-Reaper assimilates the lovely Shepard VI and uplifts it into a fully-fledged SynthShep, bing bong Shepard is alive for Mass Effect 4. :v:

That's dumb enough that somebody at Bioware is now, or has, legitimately put it out there as an idea for 4.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT
Shepard and Grunt at Tuchanka, when the thresher maw fell.

Shepard and Wrex at Tuchanka, when Kalros arrived.

Liara on Illium, her biotics flaring

(This is fun)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT
It wouldnt be exactly the same but you could probably just pay H jon benjamin to stream a playthrough.

E: drat, now I want Mordin overdubbed with Krieger.

Pam can be Grunt.