Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pennsylvanian
May 23, 2010

Hetman Bohdan Khmelnytsky Independent Presidential Regiment
Western Liberal Democracy or Death!
I love when Larian made that news post about Baldur's Gate 3 character customization where they used the most common data to make the "average" player character, and it was just Caeden Mason the Sword Guy.

https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/1086940/view/2896336186738209915

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pennsylvanian
May 23, 2010

exquisite tea posted:

I'm doing my part for sassy redheaded lesbian representation, the rest of you need to start pulling your weight.

Log off, Joss.

Pennsylvanian
May 23, 2010

I mostly make women after Jen Hale acted circles around Mark Meer in Mass Effect, Courtney Taylor beat out the male actor in Fallout 4, and Laura Bailey similarly nailed Saint's Row (despite that good male british voice actor and the Nolan North option).

Pennsylvanian
May 23, 2010

SubponticatePoster posted:

MHW. The male options are all badass looking and the female ones are thigh-high boots, panty shots and bustiers with boob windows. There are like 3 "normal" looking sets.

I like how Souls handles it. "This is how the armor looks, period." If you put on Dusk's outfit as a dude, you're now a dude running around in a ball gown with heels. A male hoonter wearing Gascoigne's set looks the same as a female.

Yeah, I started playing MH:W and was really disappointed that every piece of female armor had what you said plus stupid hats and holes to see bare thighs. The only way you can tell the difference between a male or female PC in Dark Souls is the walking animation.

Pennsylvanian fucked around with this message at 23:03 on Feb 21, 2021

Pennsylvanian
May 23, 2010

Jenn was supposed to be Samus in Other: M but got replaced.

She owned in Bulletstorm. She, Steve, and the guy who voiced Cerrano were all fantastic.

Pennsylvanian
May 23, 2010

MH Knights posted:

She can also do more than one voice as well. From cute kid (whatever character(s) she plays on My Little Pony) to normal voice (The Hex Girls form Scooby Doo!) to hardass/badass (FemShep). Speaking of the Hex Girls Jennifer Hale can also sing quite well. Disappointed there was no karaoke minigame in Mass Effect.

She also does like half the female voices on the OG Powerpuff Girls show.

Pennsylvanian
May 23, 2010

One weird nitpick I have with 3 is Wrex's voice actor. I'm guessing he had trouble reaching that low rumble that he was able to pull off in the first two games, and it sounds like they didn't really edit anything into his voice. His lines and voice just sound kinda off.

Pennsylvanian
May 23, 2010

ME1 gives me big KOTOR vibes in general, but the Noveria Labs really feel like they're left over from KOTOR. The labs specifically remind me of the underwater planet from KOTOR 1.

Pennsylvanian
May 23, 2010

Cythereal posted:

My 'main' Shepard was named Miranda.

Then ME2 came out. -_-

The equivalent of making a character in a creator then finding out they look exactly like a recurring NPC.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pennsylvanian
May 23, 2010

Did anyone ever bother to try and romance Samara after they added the ability to?