Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Blue Raider posted:

DICE is too. I can't imagine what happened behind doors to gently caress up BF5 as much as it was and BF1 to a lesser degree even though it was generally liked. The choices that DICE made with BF5 were so odd that I can't imagine them coming from EA. What a piece of poo poo game, especially coming from the people that made Bad Company 2.

This is also why I'm hopeful from MS buying Bethesda. Maybe we'll get an Elder Scrolls some time this decade.

as someone who loved BF1, i loving hated V, it was just ugly and didnt really know what it was going. people don't play WW2 games some they can dress up like loving fortnite characters. lady soldiers and custimazation is cool but that loving announcement trailer was loving horror show.

kilus aof posted:

The Outer Worlds was published by Private Division/Take Two. Avowed is the big RPG that will show what Microsoft money does for Obsidian.

also Outer Worlds was AA and Avowed is gonna be the "gently caress IT MAKE AAAAA SKYRIM" that will probably persuade me to get an xbox at some point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Simone Magus posted:

Lol in Outriders there's a class that's Literally Vanguard. You have a move that teleports you to an enemy and gives you shields, and lots of close range biotic stuff including Biotic Blade and Singularity by default. Passives that encourage shotgun usage etc.

Like it's completely blatant haha

the issue is the powers kinda suck. too many of them are very AOE and broad. biotics were cool because they could be directed and used for crowd control. outriders just feel like bad DA moves.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

i have been reading the cerberus news network stories. i like how "real" they feel, i am reading about the turian city getting bombed by an engine core and that turning into some protracted anti insurgency campaign that gets a human journalist killed and poo poo like that and how that pushes the news of a war of corpos taking back some amazon box factory planet back and poo poo.

https://masseffect.fandom.com/wiki/Cerberus_Daily_News

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Pattonesque posted:

Cerberus Daily News ruled, had some real cool stories there and I loved seeing what each day's update would be. They kept it up for like the better part of a year IIRC

it was for a whole year and than like 2 separate months in the following and right before 3 release. i just love all the stories and how real they feel. like how like 2 weeks are dedicated to disaster recovering from a terror attack and poo poo.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Pattonesque posted:

get whoever wrote that to come up with quests honestly, that poo poo ruled. remember the gigantic alien spaceship that turned out to house a virtual civilization?

yeah, the entire universe is dope and outside the reaper poo poo, it seems like it would be a nice place to live, at the very least its basicaly now but better healthcare and you boss and co-workers and possibly SO are aliens

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Pattonesque posted:

they've got krogan playing football though so that seems unfair to you if you wanted to make the NFL

probably tough to tackle a dude who weighs 800 pounds and has armored legs and no real risk of concussion

yeah, id watch giant lizard men do violent pro sports. "GFL football tackle Urdnot "Slam" Grock has fight during childs make a wish, several injured"

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

HaitianDivorce posted:

Ehh. There's a lot about it that sucks. Not in, like, a grimdark dystopian way, but in the way that right now sucks. Politics don't seem to work for anyone except people who already have power, there are huge swathes of the galaxy given over to violence and corruption which even Garrus and his buddies can't clean up, Council species all seem to be morally compromised to one degree or another, and the krogan/Council races conflict, the geth/quarian conflict, and to a lesser extent even the human/batarian conflict point to widespread systemic inequality, etc. Would it be cooler to live then than now? Yeah, probably. But for civilization expanding to a galactic scale, if you woke up there tomorrow there's a lot of dynamics that wouldn't need fresh introductions.

yeah. like its not star trek levels of wanting to live there, but honestly compared to the other stuff i read including star wars, id probably rather live there and hope for the best.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

nine-gear crow posted:

And yet the Council was all :turianass: when it came time to put up or shut up on the monsters turning out to be real...

true but hasnt it been like 1000 years since the rachni? the biggest things that happened were the quarians loving up with the geth and getting marginalized because of it and humans showing up.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Kurieg posted:

Didn't stop them from trying to kill the gently caress out of the humans when they encountered them opening a relay, they only stopped once they realized the humans were big enough to put up a fight.

only because the humans shot back and hosed up their patrol fleet. thats the turians being turians, mother fuckers have legit death squads when they fight wars.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Jerusalem posted:

Last full playthrough I did I tried to play a bad person gently caress-up Shepard but could only keep it up for the first game before falling straight back into "save everybody, help everybody" mode for the rest of the games.

That said, there is a kind of horrible joy to be had from having the showdown with Wrex, refusing to shoot so that Ashley does it for you, then chew her out for doing it, then leaving her to die on Virmire as punishment for being a trigger-happy space racist :getin:

yeah. i can rarely play a full bad playthrough of any game. like its one thing to rengade with shooting clearly armed mercs or krogan or whatever. but alot of the big choices just feel heartless and or short sighted.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

nine-gear crow posted:

The ultimate ME1 rear end in a top hat Shep run would be to do all of that, but also browbeat Ash so she gets over her space racism and becomes a better person while simultaneously corrupting Kaidan into becoming a space racist in her place, then blowing her up on Virmire as her ultimate redemption while Kaidan lives on and helps make the galaxy a worse place in whatever way he can because he's a shithead now.

i just don't care for either. ashley is ok and her becoming a better person is a nice arc but thats about it. Kaiden is just carth except nicer and less depressed because he doesnt have dead wife and or some dumbass son.

honestly, i think the only good romances in the series is liara, tali and garrus and jack.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Rinkles posted:

You made me check

(I tend to give media outlets the benefit of the doubt when it comes to reviews)

i mean its not wrong, just not in the way they thought.

Doctor Nutt posted:

Playing through ME1 a lot of the renegade choices are Shepard just executing the gently caress out of NPCs who no longer pose a threat and it feels super gross tbh.

yeah, some renagade options are amusingly hosed up. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iXhz4CA7eMk

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Android Blues posted:

Living on the Citadel would be pretty great, up until the point where it morphs into a nightmare charnelhouse that uses your pulped body to fuel the projects of machine gods from before pre-history. If nothing else, that would probably tank the resale value of your apartment.

i mean, id have carnifex against under my chin the second the husks broke through my door to my gross rear end citadel apartment thats covered in fornax posters and video game wall art.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

RoboChrist 9000 posted:

Maybe I was just dumb and read all the lore dumps wrong, which seems odd because I really was into ME1, but I always was baffled at how Cerberus went from being a rogue splinter of the Alliance's military intelligence that was basically Cobra - at best - who had plans and schemes that all hosed up even without the player intervening, to actually being the motherfucking Illuminati.

Like they're just D-Tier Cobra in ME1, but in ME2 they're suddenly the Illuminati. It's wild.
Like why didn't they use the Shadow Broker? He was already established as serving more or less the role TIM kind of does, and he doesn't have the baggage of being a space racist so it's not as insulting to the player's agency to have the player indebted to them and working for them a bit.

Like it's just such a bizarre and unnecessary retcon.

i always assumed cerberus was way bigger than you see in ME1. its just split into cells and TIM has enough money to toss around that he can keep like 500 of them running space nazi poo poo going all at once and if a bunch fail then call them rogue and cut them lose. by 3 they have enough power from recruits or indoctronated that they have a standing army.

Boogle posted:

I don't know, The Illusive Man seems more like Dick Chaney instead of a populist MAGA type.

yeah. TIM is the type of right wing ghoul who plays the super awful beliefs close to the vest when dealing with folks like shepard and he takes a longer view on his hosed up beliefs than chud type villainy. so more of a cheny or a roberts than a trump or a miller.

Sydin posted:

It's also a plotpoint that TIL bends over backwards to present Cerberus in the best possible light to Shepard, including making sure the worst stuff like the biotic experiments on Jack or studying how soldiers respond to being torn apart by thresher maws look like they were done by rogue cells rather than under his orders.

exactly.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Pattonesque posted:

https://twitter.com/shinobi602/status/1380649896911515649

he's right you know, that trailer is top-10 all time

yeah. that trailer is one of my top five. someone made a really really good fan trailer of 3.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BX1fs0_Rbbk

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

I mean, to be fair to him, he was REALLY good as TIM.

this. he was solid in it. i also like Malcolm McDowell when he does video game voices. he is funny as gently caress in killzone 3 because he is just manic techno fascist.

Funky Valentine posted:

You're a son of a bitch drag from cigarette you know that? She bought her first new car and You hit her with a sip of whiskey drunk driver. What? *drag from cigarette* Was that supposed to be funny? "You can't conceive, nor can I, the appalling strangeness drag from cigarette of the mercy of God," says Graham Greene. I don't know whose rear end he was kissing there, sip of whiskey because I think You're just vindictive. What was Josh Lyman drag of cigarette a warning shot? sip of whiskey That was my son! What did I ever do to Yours but praise His glory and drag of cigarette praise His Name? There's a tropical storm that's gaining drag from cigarette speed and power. They say we haven't had a storm this bad since You took out that tender ship of mine in the North Atlantic sip of whiskey last year. Sixty-eight crew. You know what a tender ship does? drag of cigarette Fixes the other ships. It doesn't even carry guns. sip of whiskey It just goes around, fixes the other ships drag from cigarette and delivers the mail. That's all it can do. sip of whiskey Gratias tibi ago, Domine. Yes, I lied. It was a sin. sip of whiskey I've committed many sins. sip of whiskey

:drat:

i like TIM. he is a good villain.

Dapper_Swindler fucked around with this message at 23:57 on Apr 10, 2021

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

nine-gear crow posted:

He said in one of the behind the scenes videos for KZ3 that he loved doing video game mo-cap because he could just show up at a studio looking however he wanted, slip on a lycra suit, turn in the same kind of performance he would on a real set and then the artists would transform that into whatever and have it look incredible. He was really blown away by the whole prospect.

Shame they couldn't get him back for Killzone: Shadow Fall though, but then again Stahl is in that game for like five minutes anyway so they probably couldn't afford him anyway.

yeah, i am one of those weird fucks that gets sad when a actor loving hates the project or is miserable the whole time.(sir alec Guinness for example though i can't blame him) so i always love when these old british theater actors or any actor have an actual good time doing dumb video game poo poo. like if i ever knew i was going to meet Martin Sheen, id totaly ask him to sign a copy of mass effect.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Sentinel Red posted:

Yeah, I remember an interview where he was asked to describe TIM and he replied something like "oh, he's vile!" with a big, gleeful smile on his face.

i mean he is right. TIM is basically Fascist Bartlet. hiding lovely policy and ideas behind honeyed words and copious amounts of bullshiting and grandiosity.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Pattonesque posted:

West Wing is arguably the most harmful piece of media in the past 30 years

hence the way i phrased my comment. nothing i said defended the show.

Funky Valentine posted:

Normal people: West Wing? Oh that show with Martin Sheen from like 15 years ago, I remember enjoying it.
Goons: smh fgucking SHITLIBS are obsessed with west wing, see how this physical movement from warren is an exact copy of what barlet does in episode 4 of season 3 at the 12 minute 54 second mark

also this.
show sucks and while i think it rotted a bunch of high up dem brains through the 2000s. that seems to be lessened alot thanks to trump and etc breaking brains toward the left more in better ways. anyway. my point is TIM is a good villian because he knows how to bullshit.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Pattonesque posted:

oh yeah I didn't mean to imply otherwise!

it fine.

Psycho Landlord posted:

The game has gone gold, and the thread has gone brown

knowing our luck, game is gonna be a horrible broken mess.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Pattonesque posted:

I hadn't considered that reading! I just figured it'd be nothing 'cause he has so many layers in between himself and any potential spies but then again: Cerberus

yeah. i think what sucks is cerberus is an interesting idea but it's never really "fleshed out" because its basicaly just COBRA meets space Nazi experiments with some dude who knows how to do PR and bullshit well at the top, he is the calm collected fascist who knows how to make his horrible poo poo sound better by co-opting messages and using people.

my issue is you never really see the mask get ripped off because the reapers get him first. you never have this moment where all the faux higher idiology is tossed aside and you see him as some angry shitfuck bigot with money. you never have that post Charlottesville Richard spencer moment.

axeil posted:

My Andromeda-brain take:

TIM had a very good point/argument in ME3 but due to TIM being obviously indoctrinated you reject it out of hand.

Had they not made it so obvious I'm curious how it could've gone.

i feel like control ending was added at the last second to give TIM an out sorta.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Thom12255 posted:

Honestly, the remastered is how I remembered Noveria in my head.

yeah. pretty much.

https://www.ea.com/games/mass-effect/mass-effect-legendary-edition/news/visual-improvements

that seems to be what they are going for. "when you played this game in junior high, here is what you remembered" type remaster.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

hobbesmaster posted:

It was a poor neighborhood. All CSec are bastards.

famous galaxy hero and best friend are just firing rounds over the Baterian neighborhood/ghetto.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

VostokProgram posted:

Batarians suck and renegade femshep is happy that she blew up their planet

i mostly felt bad for them. the game makes it kinda clear that their government is a despotic shithow that was always kinda of the "rear end in a top hat" of the galactic community. i mean the council chose to give the verge to the humans over them.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

OhFunny posted:

That stuff with walls being removed because they put them up in ME1 because of bad LOS load is neat. The lighting change here look better. I thought the changes to Eden Prime screwed with the oppressive atmosphere to much.

I will never skip elevator rides and miss party banter.

i dont mind eden prime. i like that it still has an eerie beauty to it while a reaper and husks are loving around on it.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

thrilla in vanilla posted:

I always took the important message of this dlc as being David’s brother is a loving monster.

yeah like i agree with the authors overall point but i think they are sorta full of poo poo and this whole paragraph

quote:

I ended up replaying the final fight over and over again, just so I could try to find a different ending for that conversation with Dr. Gavin Archer. I was trembling and crying and determined to find the set of dialogue choices which let me shoot the guy—or even arrest him. But that choice simply doesn’t exist. Overlord gave me no option to punish Gavin. There was no choice in which I could begin to find justice (or even retribution) for David. I couldn’t find a way to make Shepard see Gavin Archer’s actions as wholly unsympathetic.

made me roll my loving, like as someone with physical and mental disabilities(idk what the pc word is) i get everyone has their breaking point and society is loving poo poo towards disabled folks of all types. but i get loving annoyed at times with this poo poo. you never hear these folks "crying" over how its loving hard to get a job in a wheelchair or how alot of places are completely inaccessible and you have to go online to see if places are handicap friendly before you visit. like again i get it. but this guy is just mad that you can't just shoot the tosser in the head.

DourCricket posted:

Having read through that Vice article I will definitely play through Overlord again with an eye for how it handles the subject of autism and David. In my memory (and I've completed the DLC multiple times) I feel like the story is judging Gavin as unequivocally a monster for everything he has done - it is mostly from his perspective of the project rather than David's, but every shot we do get reinforced that Gavin is a piece of poo poo. It is unfortunate there is no option for immediate 'judgement' for Gavin but he certainly can get his just desserts in 3.

yeah this. i think it could have been handled way better but i think its handled better than the author says it is.

Dapper_Swindler fucked around with this message at 20:00 on May 5, 2021

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Doctor Nutt posted:

I need a way to get Jacob into the first two spots as well, interesting that Miranda made the potential besty cut despite being playable for about as long as Jacob in the entire franchise.

does anyone actually like jacob. like he isnt bad but he is more boring then kaiden and his entire thing is "i have daddy issues".

here is my final one.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Mayor Dave posted:

I did take all the renegade interrupts though, those were great.

i took a bunch of the obvious "you can ambush these clearly armed and hostile mercs and dipshits" or killings some shithead edgelord.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BvPUhJt_WQs

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

ME1 resmastered is genuinly pretty good. not perfect but way way better than i thought it would be. combat is fine and even sorta fun at times.

Dapper_Swindler fucked around with this message at 03:08 on May 15, 2021

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Knuc U Kinte posted:

The mako sucks rear end. If it wasn’t there the game would be markedly better.

yeah but the fixed a bunch of the worse parts of the mako. its more boring then anything broken.

Me1 is pretty good now with the remaster but i still kinda prefer 2.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

ME1 is beaten. Gonna start 2 tonight. Over all I liked ME1 even if it felt old at points. Anyway have a weird hot take. https://www.polygon.com/22436615/mass-effect-legendary-edition-police-ea-bioware-brooklyn-99

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Sydin posted:

The Council doesn't pretend that attack never happened though, they just decide it was a one-off Geth attack and all that "Reaper" business was just some poo poo Saren cooked up to spook the Geth into work with him. Now that he's gone and the big expensive toy has been blown up, surely everything is fine now.

i like the idea that they talk up how brilliant and charismatic Saren is but Shepard talked him into taking top himself with his sidearm. like i get the point is he is a puppet and i like him as a character but i find it funny how brilliant they make saren sound when all shepard had to do was scream that the robots are in his brain and that a bullet makes a hole for them to leave.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

witness commander Filbert Shepard, hero and paragon of the citadel.

then he got spaced and burned up a bunch and got brought back. the damage was,,, severe.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Kurieg posted:

change your mag, wash your hands, change your mag, wash your hands.

i like the name. its weird and reminds me of something some Union soldier would have as a name. i name most of my bioware characters that name. filbert hawke, filbert cousland, High inquisitor Filbert Trevelyan. Filbert Shepard. A whole clan of Filberts

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

nine-gear crow posted:

God, both of Tali's missions in Mass Effect 2 are so awkward to play through now, because Kal'Reegar rocks, but Adam Baldwin loving sucks and is a horrible human being. I'm actually kinda glad they just killed Reegar off screen in ME3 and no one even mentions it.

honestly. it made me remember how loving dark and grim some of the side missions are. both Tali's and mordins (written by the same dude) and jacks are bleak as poo poo. i feel like 2 honestly handles its tones pretty well because alot of games gently caress upe big when swing between pretty dark subjects and more lighter moments.

Ethiser posted:

The most disheartening thing in the series is landing on a planet in 1 and realizing that it is nothing but giant mountains.

yeah. most of the planets are like 3 maps but with different skins. its not bad. but it makes the galaxy feel really really empty.

Tirranek posted:

Having not played it for a while, I'd forgotten how ME1 is both the most sober and cheesy of the three. Citadel ambience and crew conversations and stuff is amazing. Almost any plot thing with Saren or Benezia is dumber than anything in the other two.

yeah. i like saren to some degree because his arc sorta reminds me of the comedians from watchmen. he is big racist fascist fuckhead who found out about some horrible mind breaking poo poo that even broke through his brain but instead of going the comdeian route. he loving bends the knee to it in a hope that he dies last and maybe save organics/turians. benezia just sucks.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Dawgstar posted:

I'd forgotten the first really noticeable thing about Benezia is her massive Cleavage Window. It's like the devs went yay! We got Marina Sirtis! She did a great job as a complex, layered villain in Gargoyles! What should we have her do? And then they just shrug.

i mean its a game of its time so i am not shocked sadly. i think my issue with me1 is alot of its characters are just kinda flat and simple. like you see beginnings of what they will become, like with garrus/tali/wrex/liara. i like more with the remaster but i don't care enough to play it again.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Waltzing Along posted:

And then you shoot down Dr. Heart in cold blood when he tries to run away.

i used chemical rounds on him.

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

Flirting with Yoeman Chambers feels deeply, deeply wrong post-Metoo BUT

I really need someone to feed my fish

goddammit

i mean isnt it implied she has sex with varren or something.

Doctor Nutt posted:

Man speaking of Jack I was hoping for a lot more fireworks bringing Miranda on her loyalty mission and vice versa, but the only time Jack gets a word in in Miranda's is to chime in about Miranda's outfit ( :ironicat: ). Taking Miranda on Jack's is even more disappointing, but I felt like it was thematically appropriate. Biggest letdown by far is the part where you find a data log that basically confirms that Jack's project was a rogue op within a rogue org, I guess so the player doesn't have to feel as icky about working with them, but it's completely idiotic when you are working with the context of Cerberus in ME1 and ME3. I kind of want to see what ME2 without the contrived working for Cerberus poo poo looks like, where Shep has tacit alliance approval and council standing, but still has a long way to go to prove the Reapers are coming.

i assumed the implication was [spoiler]they were with Cerberus until they started loving up and not getting results and TIM cut the cord so they kept rolling with the project afterward[spoiler]. cerberus has always been a thorn in the side with the series because 1 had them in it but its clear the game wrote them in as a throw away baddie faction to fill out the roster and poo poo. but the writers make them some massive secret cobra command in 2 and 3. to me 2 and 3 don't clash as much as people act because its clear TIM is juggling like a billion different projects and they clearly have a military wing and with Shepard as their face, it probably makes it easer to recruit and then indoctronate. i mean the fuckers have non-discloser agreements and poo poo.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Fuzz posted:

Got the bug in ME1 where the Spectre gear vanishes from the merchant. :smith:
Only level 15 and about to do Noveria and Feros after mucking around in side quests and on the moon. Guess I'll just save up and buy the top end armor right when it drops eventually.

The funny part of this is

A- Kaidan is actually an interesting character and has a cool backstory, plus is just a good dude when you actually talk to him.

B- Going back to play KotOR 1 as an adult instead of a teenager, now having a wife and kids uh... Carth is actually also a likable guy, with a good backstory.

Tl;dr: teenage 2000s gamers hated normal and nice people with actual backstories to them. LAAAAFF HAM STORY ABOUT MURDERING KIDS! THIS OTHER GUY IS GREAT! :downsbravo:

I used to be a Garrus/Wrex train sorta guy all the way, but holy poo poo Garrus is just a piece of poo poo cop now every time he opens his mouth, he's actively gone from one of my favorite characters to often getting shelved. I've been using Kaidan and Tali (who used to always annoy me, but now has grown on me with her fish out of water stuff) a lot and it's actually pretty great. Kaidan basically is my self insert opinion on things whenever he chimes in during a quest.

Try things differently, kids. As you grow the gently caress up, apparently your tastes and opinions change. Who knew! :eng101:

i still like wrex alot, he grows from grumpy merc to dude who wants to actually help his people and poo poo. garrus is weird but you kinda have to view him as way more competent conrad verner but views stuff through the turian cop lense. so instead of buying armor off space etsy. he goes to space crimeland and kills a gently caress ton of mercs and criminals with a bunch of friends because he thinks thats what Shepard would do. by 3 he has mellowed out alot. the dude comes from a literal society of cops thats obssed with red tape and "doing things by the book always" and he is rebelling against that in a way. he sees shepard do his thing and get results and he thinks thats how you do it.

i like Kaidan too but holy gently caress is his horizon scene bad. its very clearly just ashley if she romanced you scene but coming out of his mouth and it sounds really loving weird and off.

Dapper_Swindler fucked around with this message at 19:15 on May 23, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Jerusalem posted:

Mass Effect 3 is a fantastic game that unfortunately has a weak start and an unbelievably lovely ending, and following on from ME2 which has such a fantastic ending really made it sting, because it was clear they were capable of sticking the landing.

Thankfully ME3 has Citadel which essentially replaces the ending with a happy, inspiring victory lap celebrating the entire journey (ironically, ME2's fantastic ending is followed by a subpar DLC to bridge the gap between 2 and 3) and now we can just enjoy the great 90% of Mass Effect 3 that rules, pay no attention to the kid nobody cares about, and assume that Shepard went :f5: the second she was told there was a button that destroys the Reapers.

i think 3 for its issues is way better paced then 2.