Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Radio Free Kobold
Aug 11, 2012

"Federal regulations mandate that at least 30% of our content must promote Reptilian or Draconic culture. This is DJ Scratch N' Sniff with the latest mermaid screeching on KBLD..."

wow i can tell mass effect is going to be a great RPG, i hope this game is as cool as the trailers make it out to be. it's a bioware game (the people who made kotor and neverwinter knights!) so you know it's gonna be good right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Radio Free Kobold
Aug 11, 2012

"Federal regulations mandate that at least 30% of our content must promote Reptilian or Draconic culture. This is DJ Scratch N' Sniff with the latest mermaid screeching on KBLD..."

LionArcher posted:

I've never played these. So I'm excited to grab them for my PS5. (checks notes). Okay I'm happy to grab them for my PS4 up res when they are on sale or if I'm still stuck at home in May (hahaha of course I will be). All three will be worth $60 right?

easily. these are excellent games.

Radio Free Kobold
Aug 11, 2012

OhFunny posted:

What squad mates did everyone frequently use?

Best bro Garrus was always on my team across the three games.

ME1: Wrex + Liara
ME2: Garrus + Tali
ME3: Garrus + Wrex

my greatest regret is that i can only pick two. i want to ride with all my space friends

Radio Free Kobold
Aug 11, 2012

oh poo poo you're right. i think i just used OG Normandy Gang garrus and tali.

Radio Free Kobold
Aug 11, 2012

who even thought kai leng was a good idea? he's like a bad fanfiction character.

Radio Free Kobold
Aug 11, 2012

well maybe they should've thought of Best Robot's N7 piece sooner then :colbert:

Radio Free Kobold
Aug 11, 2012

Best Bi Geek Squid posted:

femshep + garius + legion just chilling, calmly calling shots on hostiles, not getting too worked up about stuff, just being a bunch of pros

Strategic Tea posted:

SCOPED AND DROPPED

:sicknasty:
:legion:

Radio Free Kobold
Aug 11, 2012

nine-gear crow posted:

It was a global warming analogy.

that's really hamfisted and i'm glad we didn't get that.

Radio Free Kobold
Aug 11, 2012

Funky Valentine posted:

Wouldn't work, no one would want to shoot their friend.

Miranda, Jacob, and Kai Leng, yes, but not Zaeed.

zaeed switches to shepard's side halfway through after cerberus tells him not to shoot somebody (or blow something up) :zaeed:

Radio Free Kobold
Aug 11, 2012

SettingSun posted:

Saren raging at the news that Shepard accessed the beacon like a kid who just lost a fighting game match is the most realistic scene in ME1.

speaking as a gamer it was a very relatable moment for me. in that moment i knew precisely how he felt (feels bad man)

Radio Free Kobold
Aug 11, 2012

look if i was a mecha-cthulhu you can bet i'd be melodramatically hamming it up

Radio Free Kobold
Aug 11, 2012

Kurieg posted:

Grumpy old bodyguard to the eloquent and diplomatic leader of the Krogan Federation: Mordin Wrex.

it would be Urdnot Mordin :goonsay:

Radio Free Kobold
Aug 11, 2012

the ending of Shaun of the Dead but instead of zombies pushing around shopping carts it's husks

Radio Free Kobold
Aug 11, 2012

Funky Valentine posted:

Even ME1 itself knows who people are going to chose.

i couldn't pick neither

Radio Free Kobold
Aug 11, 2012

to this day, people are still writing mass effect fanfiction on spacebattles. not andromeda tho, nobody cares about that.

Radio Free Kobold
Aug 11, 2012

i didn't pick control specifically because TIM was the one shilling it.

Radio Free Kobold
Aug 11, 2012

Pennsylvanian posted:

Jenn was supposed to be Samus in Other: M but got replaced.

She owned in Bulletstorm. She, Steve, and the guy who voiced Cerrano were all fantastic.

She was also Samus in the Metroid Prime trilogy.

Radio Free Kobold
Aug 11, 2012

Android Blues posted:

Hardly anyone sees this because it only occurs in specific circumstances, but there's a line in ME2 where Jacob calls Garrus a space racial slur. If you romance Jacob, then break up with him for Garrus, then tell him that you broke up with him for Garrus, his reaction is: "That cuttlebone?!".

So yeah, he seems like a nice enough dude but I guess at least one writer felt that his motivations for joining Cerberus were xenophobic in part. Weird that you never see it outside of this specific circumstance, but he is at least canonically the kind of person who gets bigoted when he gets angry.

there better be a renegade interrupt right after that to give jacob a good ol' fashioned Shepard Punch

Radio Free Kobold
Aug 11, 2012

It's also not uncommon for citadel spectres to come down with an acute case of death, as a normal part of undercover investigative work, only to turn up again (perfectly okay of course) a few years later. That's just how spectres are, it's right there in the name.

Radio Free Kobold
Aug 11, 2012

Soylent Pudding posted:

I just realized I want an x-com like spinoff focused on the STGs, possibly set during the Krogan rebellions.

gently caress that, give me a james bond spinoff set on Ilium starring a suave Asari commando

Radio Free Kobold
Aug 11, 2012

bobjr posted:

Shepard is saved by a Cerberus implant he had no idea about, like a secret jetpack in their butt.

a memory implant just like kasumis, but instead of saving cherished memories of your loved one it's just TIM gloating at you from beyond the grave

Radio Free Kobold
Aug 11, 2012

nine-gear crow posted:

Legendary Edition, ME4 and DA4 all have a very strong air of "being made on the edge of the grave, peering down worryingly at the pile of corpses that were EA's previous kills while EA paces hungrily around in the background, axe in hand and just... waiting" to them.

i've had this image saved since like, 2014

Radio Free Kobold
Aug 11, 2012

Funky Valentine posted:

Basically every ME3, Andromeda, and Anthem post-mortem indicate that Bioware has always been deeply incompetent.

Bioware is a living breathing (for now) argument as to why game developers need a publisher to ride them. Without EA showing up to say "MAKE A loving GAME!" they probably wouldn't have ever even finished Andromeda.

Radio Free Kobold
Aug 11, 2012

tithin posted:

Is the remake out yet

the remake is being bundled with Star Citizen, they're releasing together

Radio Free Kobold
Aug 11, 2012

bad men lock selves in room, make bad ending to good game, ruin whole game.

Radio Free Kobold
Aug 11, 2012

kilus aof posted:

You can now randomise everything in Mass Effect 2.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LJVpuSJsz-k

my computer just crashed after i watched this video for about a minute and a half. full-on bluescreen and reboot.
this is cursed

Radio Free Kobold
Aug 11, 2012

i feel like i'm the only person that played soldier (mattock gang) and didn't use adrenaline rush. AR made aiming super awkward for me

Radio Free Kobold fucked around with this message at 21:36 on Mar 17, 2021

Radio Free Kobold
Aug 11, 2012

OctaMurk posted:

Zaeed is literally an in game nod to this lol. Like every one of his stories ends with "and I was the only one to make jt out alive". Make him fireteam leader and he fucks it up

i remember back when ME2 was still fresh people would make Zaeed the fireteam leader because he's an experienced soldier, merc leader and so on. Then they would get all upset when he gets people killed.

Radio Free Kobold
Aug 11, 2012

BlazetheInferno posted:

Destroy route without killing the Geth & EDI.
this is how the story should've ended. you did it, the reapers are gone, galaxy's pretty hosed up but at least we're not all dead. happily-ish ever after. no twist, no synthetic-organic inevitable conflict, no brobots dying for no reason. just, you win.

Radio Free Kobold
Aug 11, 2012

imagine all the sweet photos you can get of your mako mountain climbing. poo poo's gonna be like breath of the wild

Radio Free Kobold
Aug 11, 2012

Nichael posted:

When Garrus and Shepard go shooting bottles on the Citadel, has it ever occurred to anyone that they are shooting sniper rifles into passing traffic directly above them?

that's just part of the challenge

Radio Free Kobold
Aug 11, 2012

kinetic energy is mass times velocity squared. mass effect bullets are basically grains of sand moving at c-fractional velocity

Radio Free Kobold
Aug 11, 2012

Kurieg posted:

Right, i was more saying that ..

I mean honestly how the gently caress do cryo/incindiary rounds work in ME anyways?

probably some kind of space magic. this setting is only hard science when it feels like it.

Radio Free Kobold
Aug 11, 2012

yeah your physics shenanigans are cool and all but i like clicking on heads with the mattock

Radio Free Kobold
Aug 11, 2012

Aphrodite posted:

I got a big dumb plastic helmet today. Let's talk about that instead.

do you have a pet? take a picture of your pet with the helmet.

Radio Free Kobold
Aug 11, 2012

the important thing to do is take every Renegade interuppt the series presents from 2 onwards.
You're working too hard

Radio Free Kobold
Aug 11, 2012

Ginette Reno posted:

I know it probably hurts my Paragon rating and maybe locks me out of some full paragon dialogue options or whatever but being a paragon in conversations but taking renegade interrupts with enemies is the most satisfying thing. It makes me feel like I'm playing Arnold in an action movie.

actually it doesn't, that's the best part. paragon/renegade isn't a slider, it's two separate trackers. there's no opportunity cost or anything to pushing that guy out the window, just do it.

Radio Free Kobold
Aug 11, 2012

Aphrodite posted:

It really only matters if you gently caress up Miranda/Jack's argument.

You probably won't have enough to drag whichever one you disagree with back.

they both suck so that's fine

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Radio Free Kobold
Aug 11, 2012

Spacebump posted:

Can someone post the vanguard charging chart?

Always
Be
Charging