Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
It took me like 4 playthroughs of mass effect 1 to realize you get your prestige class by going to the moon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
The Sovereign reveal on Virmire is so cool and I love Kaiden's line about not wanting to be a Bioware whiner-character since he's Carth and then he becomes a whiner like Carth anyway. Cant wait for the Jade Empire remaster as well.

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
I cannot wait for the towers of hanoi puzzle on Noveria again.

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
I like how in Jade Empire if you try romancing dawn star and the silk fox and put off choosing one of them until the end they become homies and both dump you

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
I like Mass Effect 1 because it follows the classic Bioware format of "You gotta go to 3 places but after the second one something will happen, you'll still go to the 3rd one."

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
This is pretty "gamer-brained" but whenever I look at the main menu or Mass Effect 1 and hear the sick rear end synth track that goes like "bwwweeeeeeeenh bweh bwaaaaah" as a transparent picture of Wrex's head fades in I get very nostalgic

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
I have no room to judge Garrus, as after being a galactic secret police cop Shepard comes back to life and becomes a space-terrorist.

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
It took me like 5 or 6 playthroughs of ME1 before I realized advanced classes existed.

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿

Rogue AI Goddess posted:

This is true, and all non-Reject endings are about making it no longer true.

Control: the reapers stop being bad guys
Synthesis: the guys stop being bad reapers
Destroy: the bad reaper guys stop being

I will simply kill the eldritch machine gods from beyond the stars.

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
rip to the protheans but I'm different

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
I really, and this is not a joke, love the Carth voice actor and having an archetypical Carth guy in rpgs

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
Finally copped the ME Legendary edition, and even though I replayed ME1 like 2 years ago going through it again still gives me massive nostalgia and a slum dog millionaire style series of flashbacks to when I was like 12. Although it really has a lot of DNA from the earlier Bioware style of game-space design, system design, and narrative design that makes it really interesting to examine as a like, product designed in a transitory paradigm in gaming and RPG design

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
They both pale in comparison to certified Bioware classic "Jade Empire".

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
Those weren't sarcasm quotes, I was properly putting it into quotes like a literary work because Jade Empire is just straight up one of my favorite games and imo nails the Bioware formula. Also a lot of its DNA in Mass Effect with how it tries to mix traditional action gameplay with rpg elements

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
Played through all of ME1 recently and some of ME2, and even years later the tonal shift is still so wild. I can appreciate ME2 a lot more on its own merits at least

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
Maybe I'm very boring but i always like playing Shepard as a soldier. Shepard being a mundane "shoot people" person feels good to me thematically, and the lmg you get in ME2 loving shreds

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
I sorta like Shepard as just a boring, professional soldier. In my latest playthrough whenever there's an option to be like "It's Commander Shepard, let's keep it professional" I always take it

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
Collapse of the Western Roman Empire but in space would be cool to play, but idk if ME4 will be it

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
I wanna be a human because Im a human

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿

RenegadeStyle1 posted:

Is there ever an estimate to how many spectre exist? I assumed in my mind based on conversations in the game there's somewhere around maybe 10-15?

I mean, considering that the Turian military just straight up has a Spectre training program with hundreds of people or w/e Garrus said I think there are shitloads of the unaccountable space cops running around probably

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
I've never played ME3 and am doing a Legendary Edition run and tbh 3 has just completely sapped my will to finish it. I got to the Citadel and visited Virmire in the hospital and I was just like "What is this writing" and havent picked it up in like a month

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
I got to the Citadel in ME3 in my latest playthrough and just found the story so boring and the characterization of Shepard so weird that I stopped playing. I guess that I'll never finish ME3