Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

I'm gonna get this but I hope that in changing the original games they added charge.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

I think Meer is funnier, so the stuff like "I'm Commander Shepard and this is my favorite store in the citadel" land better with him. Hale is better if you want to go more renegade though.

But yeah, in ME3 I think they're both as good as the other.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

The tease for the next game had Liara and a dead Reaper.

They really need to pick up after ME3 and use the destroy ending with Shepard alive.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Gnome de plume posted:

It'll be a melding of all 3 endings, where Shepard takes control of the Reapers but destroys them afterwards, turning Joker's hat green in the process

I'll allow it

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

nine-gear crow posted:

The priiiiiiiiize

It's been so long

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G4ze_R3TevE

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Make Miranda blonde.

Last year I replayed ME2 and I was surprised to find that a lot of things I remember liking about the series came from the third game. If only it hadn't shot off both feet at the ending it would have been remembered just as fondly as ME2, and maybe better. But that ending just poo poo all over everything to the point where it almost killed the series.

It's kind of incredible that ME2 was so good that the series is still popular despite the third game's ending and Andromeda being a mess with tons of characters nobody cared about.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Killed a Girl in 96 posted:

idk I thought they did a good job showing the gray area. mordin knows it was wrong, but by all his measurements he was balancing the life of the universe vs genocide. i guess the real trick was convincing us to take his calculations at face value, though in a place where sentient machines obliterate life every 50000 years, who knows how science works in the world. i saw his point, i think it was wrong, but i can see why people would think otherwise. if you simplify the problem, if you could kill one person to stop a world war, would you?

You can tell Mordin is trying hard to convince himself that he did the right thing as much as he tries to convince his protegee and Shepard. He thought he did what was best but is constantly doubting himself. Then he gets the chance to fix it and is at peace.

Also in the end he probably did the right thing. Because it isn't until Wrex and Grunt come along and build respect for Shepard and the crew that the Krogans seem open to changing their ways. Without Wrex, the Krogans are doomed.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

nine-gear crow posted:

You know, Jason, the boring guy.

Yeah and his famous line:

Heavy calories, but the friiiiiiiies

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

No that's Anderson.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

1stGear posted:

would you say that morinth is

a bad guy

duh

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

SlothfulCobra posted:

I kinda liked what there was where Legion just apparently has it out of a weird sense of sentimentality that Legion had that he couldn't really understand himself.

... there was a hole.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

I never finished MEA when it came out. I just got a bunch of mods for it so I might give it another go here though.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

DourCricket posted:

They really do :laugh:

Yeah but I'm not gonna let my space waifu down.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Harbinger is an edgelord reaper.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Funky See Funky Do posted:

Did everything in the galaxy get ...nanobots? I'm not sure how the synthesis was supposed to work. Algae, amoeba, ants, anthrax, and so on and so forth etc?

Joker's hat gained sentience

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Moola posted:

the star child AI purposefully told Harbinger the wrong reason for why they are reaping, as a joke

"Harbinger why are you calling us at 3am? We're all sleeping."

"This hurts you."

"loving... okay look we're just here because of... AIs. Yeah, AIs. Go kill Shepard now."

"ASSUMING DIRECT CONTROL."

"This loving guy."

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Simone Magus posted:

I think Jesse from Control is canonically Shepard's ancestor

Wait what? Where did you hear this?

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Funky See Funky Do posted:

I think that's wishful thinking. I sincerely doubt they're going to add anything in terms of content. Assume they'll do the absolute bare minimum to call it a remaster and be pleasantly surprised at anything beyond that.

It might be wishful thinking, but it's also something I don't think they would come out and say ahead of time and would wait for word of mouth. Or for people to dig through the code and see if they can find something.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

GaaS games are loving terrible and need to die.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

bobjr posted:

I remember a few moments in the campaign where if you needed to use a pistol for slow mo and had the scorpion equipped, the grenades would be too slow and you would just lose.

There were situations where you couldn't kill Marauder Shields if you had the wrong weapon equipped, I think. Or maybe it was if you missed a shot.

Which was actually probably for the best, in hindsight.

Codependent Poster fucked around with this message at 04:24 on Mar 25, 2021

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Eau de MacGowan posted:

i may be recalling incorrectly but didnt they remove jokers magic biohat in the extended synthesis ending because everyone made fun of it too much

Yeah, Joker's hat is no longer sentient.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

As a compromise for removing the Miranda rear end shot, now you can take a picture of it whenever you want.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

RoboChrist 9000 posted:

I'm always disappointed he never had more of a career in film than he did. His voice is incredible, and he's also a great actor. The Thing was his first role besides being an extra in some blaxploitation movie.

Dude's a legend.

Even though it seems like he hasn't had a big starring role, looking at his career, he's been in a ton of things I've loved either as an actor or voice actor. The Thing, They Live, Men at Work, the Halo games, Gargoyles, Saint's Row, the Mass Effect games... he's just great.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

All that poo poo is too complicated when I can just charge, shotgun, melee anything and everyone.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

I do. Dude is tough, capable, and competent. Just a legit professional.

He keeps trying to hit on his commanding officer even when she shows no interest, and is a racist. Jacob sucks.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

The second ending is great too. The final boss is kind of a letdown, but everything up to and after that rules.

Be sure to ask your girlfriend who to send in the vents and lead the second team

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Kibayasu posted:

I think the only one that can kill you instantly with no real warning is the banshee?

one hit kill bosses are poo poo design. I hate all of those enemies so much.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Sydin posted:

For real. It's not the only fun class, there's tons of fun to be had with pretty much any build, but there really is something about walking into an encounter that is clearly set up for some long cover-based shooting and just rocketing across the whole area with no regard to cover shotgun blasting ragdolls. The fight vs the asari spectre in LotSB is particularly fantastic because she's also a vanguard and the two of you end up playing rocket tag.

My favorite moment that I wish I could have recorded was me charging her, then having to look around for a moment to see where she went, then I saw her ragdolling off in the distance and eventually out of the map, and the cutscene started.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

thrilla in vanilla posted:

It’s almost as good as the “giant Shepard robit should vanguard charge harbinger” “idea” post.

Mass effect was a mistake. I’m sorry everyone

Like regular sized Shepard wouldn't have vanguard charged him.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

dreffen posted:

Really seems like everyone sucks but Garrus and Wrex. Am I missing anything if I say gently caress everyone else?

Should I try to rotate for story reasons?

Tali is cool and if you go heavy biotic, she picks up the tech slack.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Zeron posted:

It is, that's how I'm playing it.

Here's my poor failure of a Shepard who is in for a really, really rough time in the trilogy. He's got the perfect combination of constant older gentleman squinting and appearing like he's looking down his nose at everyone at all times.

For controller support, if you have a DS4/5 there's no support. Make sure you use DS4Windows and that it's set to emulate it as an Xbox controller.

Jean Luc Shepard

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Whoo boy ME1 is still pretty janky. Also count me in the group that keeps throwing grenades because I want to reload.

I thought about doing all the sidequests to carry over, but I think I'd rather just rush through this to get to ME2. So sorry, Mako explorations, but you're gonna have to not be done. And man, all this trash loot.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

GreatGreen posted:

In Mass Effect 1, have they figured out the difference between the Level Scaling "Legendary" and "Classic" settings?
Legendary level max is 30 with double xp required per level and double level-up rewards. Classic level cap is 60, standard xp reqs and level-up rewards.

Is there any funcitonal difference other than just trying to keep ME1 in "character development parity" with ME2 and ME3?

I'm pretty sure that Legendary has you level faster and get more points with each one. I was able to unlock stuff much quicker than back in the day. I think it's because they know you're probably not gonna replay the first game again, so they want to get you your powers much faster.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

God, Mass Effect 2 is such a leap in quality from ME1. Going right into it from the first one just makes it incredible how much better everything is.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

It was nice to have a sniper rifle that worked as an adept, so for the citadel section I could lift people then shoot them into orbit.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Jack's romance in 2 kinda sucks because Shepard "fixes" her and it's kinda yuck. But she's much better in 3 and they did a good job of making her romance pretty satisfying in that one. Probably the best one of the ME2 characters that aren't Garrus or Tali. She and Thane both, though obviously Thane has a more bittersweet end.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Doctor Nutt posted:

That line read on "Actually I'm more interested in just talking for a bit" :wtc: Jennifer Hale???

also since we're talking about it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PKzF173GqTU Not a fox link and won't give anyone at fox clicks, just a random youtuber account

e: lmao the fox lady says that you get to choose all the moves for your sex and dictate what the characters will do :stare:

e2: If you find yourself easily triggered by jack thompson poo poo don't watch lol

I like that they say there's full frontal nudity. Funny thing about the legendary edition is that the camera doesn't cut off as much with the sex scene, so you can see Liara and Ashley have no nipples. Just Barbie doll breasts. The only nudity is butts.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

omg chael crash posted:

I really wish the skip dialog and choose dialog buttons weren't the same. I keep accidentally choosing responses that I don't want

If you use a controller, always hold it to the left when you skip. Upper left for paragon or lower for renegade if you wanna be safe. This will usually make it so if you skip something, at least it's a branch that normally doesn't lock you out of the rest of conversation.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Waltzing Along posted:

I'm still trying to figure out the improvements.

Better graphics.
The Mako has a turbo button.
Inventory has a mark as trash option. Which doesn't matter if you manage your inventory consistently.

That's all I've noticed so far.

The only one that has truly improved things is the Mako. And that just speeds up planet roaming, which I never minded in the first place.

The dedicated melee attack is great

Controller support

Ability to use any gun, and they're now accurate instead of relying on rng for if your shots hit or not

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Kobal2 posted:

Every class gets all weapons access, don't need a million skill points invested to make sniper rifles not aim like rear end, double the skill points on level-up, only need 5 missions with NPCs to get their bonus trait, full XP for kills made in the Mako, Insanity difficulty unlocked from the start, facegen doesn't only generate ghoulish potatoes (though I suppose that's part of "better graphics").

Oh yeah, the XP and the skill points is great too. It makes unlocking all the skills a lot easier, and it's faster to get to Luna.