Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cell
Nov 25, 2003

The more Johnny the better.

Sydin posted:

ME2 tries to make the player really feel a sense of frustration and infuse that into Shepard: they saved the galaxy and yet they've been reassigned to backwater space to hunt Geth so that the Council and Alliance can pretend the Reapers are fake news. As a result Shepard and a good chunk of his original crew get killed, by the time Shepard is brought back the galaxy is now multiple years behind the ball in preparing for the Reapers, and humans are getting abducted en masse while the Alliance shrugs. If you try to play things by the book you can't really get far beyond the Council rolling their eyes and reinstating your Spectre status to get you to shut up, and a curt email from the Alliance reinstating you. You're ultimately railroaded into working with Cerberus, but the game tries really hard to spell out that taking a higher road would just get you stonewalled at best, and shut up more forcefully at worst. So even the paragon Shepards have to face that while they hate Cerberus and all it stands for, they're the only ones with any actual resources or military power that believe Shepard about the Reapers, so it's either bite the bullet and work with them to save the galaxy, or let the galaxy burn for the sake of your principles.

IIRC the original plan in ME2 was to have Shepard's corpse found and resurrected by the Geth; This would have made a lot more sense in my opinion since Cerberus could have been more consistent antagonists for ME2 and 3 and the justification for Shepard being happy to work with the main antagonists of ME1 is pretty much covered by Legion's explanation of the heretics (noting that the Geth had not been seen beyond the Perseus Veil since the Migrant Fleet was formed, until Sovereign showed up). It also would have meant that Legion would have likely been a squadmate from the beginning of the game :legion:

I can't remember if there was ever an explanation for why they went with Cerberus/the Lazarus Project instead, but I guess introducing 'relatable' human squadmates would have been trickier and I'm not sure whether Ashley/Kaiden or Wrex/Garrus/Tali would have had a better or worse reaction to discovering Shepard working for/with the Geth as opposed to Cerberus.

cell fucked around with this message at 15:49 on Feb 23, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cell
Nov 25, 2003

Just been Spectre'd, and Bri Shep finds everything slightly amusing so far

712.6D7.889.J89.AHH.1EK.EJB.848.9DC.9JA.679.K3C.8

Playing on Insanity and the weapon/skill rebalance means I've died to Fist's turrets once (easily the most burst damage I've come across so far) and that's it. Hopefully it gets a bit harder once I start hitting the story planets!

cell
Nov 25, 2003

Willatron posted:

I'm playing as mostly Paragon and even I pistol whipped Archer for what he did to his brother, he's unquestionably a monster

IIRC that's actually a paragon interrupt anyway, which is correct

cell
Nov 25, 2003

Just finished my first run through of LE, cleared all the achievements too so next time I can just chill out and break the games over my knee instead of trying. Forgot what an (emotional) slog ME3 is, especially on the Citadel post- Priority:Citadel. That kid talking with the Turian C-Sec guy in the refugee holding area makes me sad every time. Also forgot about that little quaver in Hale's delivery of one of her lines to Garrus in the FOB on Earth :cry:

Still love the Citadel DLC, the whole crew treating CAT6 like the bunch of chucklefucks they are and just having a great time slaughtering them is fantastic.

cell
Nov 25, 2003

Simone Magus posted:

Honestly though Vanguard is kinda boring in the story because Charge-Nova is like your only fun option. Pull and Shockwave are just kind of "okay" at best and the ammo powers are meh.

Charge-Nova on its own is tedious, but take the Reegar with ultralight materials and the penetration mod + inferno ammo and you'll melt everything. Charge > Nova (if enemies are unshielded) > dump the Reegar mag > reload > reload-cancel by charging.

Speaking of reload-cancelling, I remember on PC there was a keybind you could set in ME3 MP that would do it for you - I want to say it was a scoreboard keybind or something that never actually did anything in MP? Does anyone remember what the bind was?

cell fucked around with this message at 00:01 on Jun 7, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cell
Nov 25, 2003

ShakeZula posted:

Also for whatever reason I am completely unable to pull off the "shoot out Atlas windshield, kill driver, hijack mech" maneuver. Every time I try it the Atlas just dies.

Make sure it isn't the last enemy in the encounter; If it is, the mech will just explode when the pilot dies. This might mean you have to tell your squadmates to sit in the open and die to give you enough time to finish it off before they kill everything else and/or the Atlas itself. IIRC (as a cyborg mug and bio347 have said) rifles that have good penetration damage can kill the pilot quickly (doing so instantly shatters the canopy) but doing enough damage to the canopy with any weapon will cause it to shatter at ~15% health, after which you have to kill the pilot while avoiding hitting the rest of the chassis so you don't destroy it accidentally.

Ytlaya posted:

What's this about the head being on Shepard's desk?

I repeatedly talked to the head in Bryson's office and it exploded after talking to it like 5-10 times (was not expecting this but it was hilarious - I just got it too excited and it couldn't deal with it).

At some point (just before going off to finish the DLC I think?) Vega shows up in the lab when you return there and stands near it. If you interact with him enough he'll suggest stealing it; you can agree and Shepard basically swipes it in front of the daughter.

cell fucked around with this message at 08:06 on Jun 14, 2021