Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Missionary Positron
Jul 6, 2004
And now for something completely different

Arglebargle III posted:

Mass Effect was the only good game in the series

it was bad, actually

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Missionary Positron
Jul 6, 2004
Any idea when the Steam preload is going live?

Missionary Positron
Jul 6, 2004
Anyone else having trouble getting 4k resolution to stick on the Steam version? The game lets me select the resolution but even after confirmation it reverts back to the default 1440p res.

Missionary Positron
Jul 6, 2004
After playing the legendary edition for a few hours, I can say that Mass Effect 1 is, in fact, still good.

Missionary Positron
Jul 6, 2004

Wingnut Ninja posted:

Just finished up ME1 and the ending sequence, climbing the side of the tower, is as awesome as I remembered it. Cool concept, great gameplay, it's a really strong finish to the game. I love the fact that you can lift/knock enemies off their feet and they just... float away indefinitely, because there's no gravity.

I saved the council because ~Paragon~, but I was tempted to reload and let them die just because the scene where the Destiny Ascension realizes that the cavalry isn't coming to save them is fantastic.

On to 2!

E: nice that it now remembers who you chose as councilor on an imported save.

I just finished ME1 and came to gush about that final section. It was so good and the Sovereign skybox looked rad as gently caress.

Missionary Positron
Jul 6, 2004
Has anyone managed to get DSR working on the Steam version so far? I can see all the above native res options, but it always reverts to my monitor's native 1440p res.

I want my high framerate 4k mass effect, goddammit :mad:

Missionary Positron
Jul 6, 2004
I forgot that Mass Effect 2 is so loving good, holy poo poo.

Missionary Positron
Jul 6, 2004
Just did my first Hammerhead section and oof. What is it with this series and garbo vehicles? At least the rest of Overlord was awesome (and disturbing) as hell.

Missionary Positron
Jul 6, 2004
Just picked up assault rifles on my vanguard in ME2, and goddamn does the Mattock feel rad as gently caress.

Missionary Positron
Jul 6, 2004

TheGreySpectre posted:

You shouldn't need a mod for that. I was able to boot up original stock ME1 the other night and run it at 4k. I have played both ME2 and 3 at 2560x1600 in the past

There's something funky going on with the legendary edition versions. I can't go above my monitor's native res of 1440p, either. The higher res options are all there and I can choose them, but it always reverts back to native res.

Missionary Positron
Jul 6, 2004

Grunt is not feeling ok about the situation.

Missionary Positron
Jul 6, 2004
the suicide mission still slaps hard, goddamn

Missionary Positron
Jul 6, 2004
I finally reached ME3 not having played it since 2012, and it has been a mixed bag far. The combat is loving great as a vanguard, but holy poo poo does some of the rough writing and character design foreshadow what was to come for Bioware.

Missionary Positron
Jul 6, 2004
What's a good way of dealing with turrets in early game ME3 as a vanguard? I'm doing the From Ashes missions and it seems I'm getting shredded by them almost instantly if I peek out at the wrong time.

Missionary Positron
Jul 6, 2004
man, the leviathan dlc owns hard

Missionary Positron
Jul 6, 2004
I only did the From Ashes DLC back in the day so it's been pretty rad going through the rest of them for the first time. Overall, they've been pretty good so far: Leviathan had an amazing atmosphere, while the Citadel's main plot with the clone was just the right amount of stupid fun. The final fight against the clone as a vanguard was a gloriously chaotic biotic pinball match. Still need to do the party/hanging around-arc, which will probably rule. Omega felt kinda bland tho, not bad but just mediocre.

ME3 is a weird game after all these years. The high points are really loving good (character moments like Mordin on Tuchanka, the combat is just feels right), but the low points are also really goddamn low (Allers, Kai Leng, plot holes). Truly a land of contrasts.

90% of the time, the game loving rules though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Missionary Positron
Jul 6, 2004
Finished the LE in ~80 hours, and I was pretty surprised how much I ended up liking ME3 as the game progressed. I didn't even mind the ending (picked Destroy) as much as I did back in the day. Plus the final arena battle around the missile launchers on Earth was rad and chaotic as gently caress as a vanguard.

That said, I did accidentally shoot the starchild the first time around which was a bummer. Why the gently caress did they make the autosave point for that mission at the foot of the beam AND make all the cutscenes unskippable? :suicide: