Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

quote:

expectation that you contribute something with your posts

i'm sorry loving what

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

I couldn't make it the 15m in, that one woman just keeps fuckin screaming.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

The trans community coalescing from the let's play forum is a new one for me - can anyone give more details?

eggyolk
Nov 8, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NdUHDDj7fhk

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

Mordja posted:

Jeffrey go on cum town

Matlack Radio
Jun 2, 2006

"Slenderman was definitely Something Awful. Sorry to the young girl who was stabbed."

:lol: at five in the morning at this.

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

I still am not sure what a podcast is, but I'm on one, talking about something awful.

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/something-awful/id1285444706?i=1000507276209

Please ignore my nervous energy as contrasted with their cool podcast energy. I come on around 15:00.

Some of you might read the description of the podcast. I have repeated it below. Before you get any ideas, I agreed to go on this podcast under strict reassurance that I fall under the "and more" category.

but Jeffrey, you told me that our cuddling was strictly professional! does this mean... :wth:

THE BAR
Oct 20, 2011

You know what might look better on your nose?

Cool-a-mundo!

ChubbyChecker
Mar 25, 2018

SilvergunSuperman posted:

I couldn't make it the 15m in, that one woman just keeps fuckin screaming.

i don't think that i've ever heard a more annoying voice

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
The important part is that you had fun, OP

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

ChubbyChecker posted:

Turn on your headphones

ClothHat
Mar 2, 2005

ASK ME ABOUT MY LOVE OF THE LUMPEN-GOBLITARIAT
protip: trust no links I post

Grevling posted:

Kind of annoying podcast but the website was presented in a good way I feel.

Yeah I liked the part when one of the hosts made a joke that he was the guy from the story Jeffrey was telling, which was something that could get you banned on here for being a lame overused catchphrase around 10-15 years ago.

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

gary oldmans diary posted:

op says you can pay $10 to change someones av but i was about to change his to :yosbutt: and it said his account was not eligible!

To learn who rules over you, simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize

Inept
Jul 8, 2003

ChubbyChecker posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rfUc_tQ482M&t=219s

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.
I'm listening to it at the moment and i will mock you/praise you depending on how it goes

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer
I'm really disappointed you didn't devolve into yelling "SOMETHING AWFUL DOT COM" over and over and over again when you couldn't remember what you actually wanted to say, 3/10

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

low key sex master posted:

I'm listening to it at the moment and i will mock you/praise you depending on how it goes

After listening to this, I feel like you did a good job but your nerves did show at times

recommendations include slowing down a tiny bit because your excitement does show but it's a little fast and sometimes it's hard to keep up

anyway just my suggestion I'll be looking out for my check now (I know you have the money Jeffrey GIVE ME MY MONEY)

RepeatingMeme
Dec 27, 2012

this place is not a place of honor

no highly esteemed deed is commemorated here

nothing valued is here

what is here was dangerous and repulsive to us

this place is best shunned and left uninhabited

Do you have more interviews lined up?

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS

HOMO ERECTUS posted:

Do you have more interviews lined up?
I haven't sought them out - I am happy to talk about the site though wary of the media in general. Vice is on my poo poo list. Figuring out ways to promote the site in a sincere way is definitely a to-do of mine.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS

low key sex master posted:

After listening to this, I feel like you did a good job but your nerves did show at times

recommendations include slowing down a tiny bit because your excitement does show but it's a little fast and sometimes it's hard to keep up

anyway just my suggestion I'll be looking out for my check now (I know you have the money Jeffrey GIVE ME MY MONEY)
Yeah I want to yell at myself to slow down when I listen now.

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

Get on the all gas no brakes podcast.

Also hello new posters that came here cause of this podcast. Please give me a dollar. It's a requirement.

Thanks God bless

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Samovar posted:

The trans community coalescing from the let's play forum is a new one for me - can anyone give more details?

danganronpa got a lot of tumblr people on SA, and a lot of the ones that stayed were trans or eventually came out as such. Some of the old LP exiles are trans as well.

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

There's nothing wrong with taking a couple of seconds to think up your answer either if you need to mentally prepare yourself to slow down; they can just edit it out in post

I thought you did a great job on the Nazi FYAD question as well and I think you took the host by surprise because I'm not sure they were expecting it but it was a forceful denunciation and well executed

EDIT: I do work in communications so if you ever want to bounce ideas off me on how to promote this my PMs are open

Seth Pecksniff fucked around with this message at 20:59 on Feb 2, 2021

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Zeta Acosta posted:

i wont listen to it

I will listen to it twice, so it's like you did

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

really queer Christmas posted:

danganronpa got a lot of tumblr people on SA, and a lot of the ones that stayed were trans or eventually came out as such. Some of the old LP exiles are trans as well.

Ahhh. I never got the whole Danganronpa thing.

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...
The only thing I remember about the danganronpa thing was that it spawned at least a couple videos of making fun of people screaming about the paywall. Got a chuckle out of me.

Nice to know you're trying to make this place not suck, Jeffrey.

Mnoba
Jun 24, 2010
Them honestly not understanding being called nazis on the internet and it might not be true was the best part. The Vice article isn't going away, I'd prepare to explain the troubles to outsiders for future interviews.

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009
So when do I get my SA loot crate? Is it safe to eat?

KrunkMcGrunk
Jul 2, 2007

Sometimes I sit and think, and sometimes I just sit.

So have you noticed traffic go up since doing the podcast jeffery?

e: and how did these people not know goonswarm came from SA, even after doing an ep on Eve Online?

KrunkMcGrunk fucked around with this message at 22:32 on Feb 2, 2021

Peachfart
Jan 21, 2017

It is a podcast, I'm guessing their level of research is 'googled thing and read top few results'

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Peachfart posted:

It is a podcast, I'm guessing their level of research is 'googled thing and read top few results'
They seemed to know just enough to have an interview.

Which really isn't bad, since most people listening probably know absolutely nothing, so a lot of stuff needs to be explained.

A LOVELY LAD
Feb 8, 2006

Hey man, wanna hear a secret?

College Slice
Joe Rogan: *hits blunt* "So they pooled money to make a movie called swap.avi? Jamie pull that up"

Mr. Merdle
Oct 17, 2007

THE GREAT MANBABY SUCCESSOR

Shoulda explained EVE better. Overall good interview.

These interviewers clearly didn't do a lick of research because most everything you bring up is readily available to read on other sites. Like not even knowing that Goonswarm (having done an EVE episode) is from SA is weird.

Harvey Mantaco
Mar 6, 2007

Someone please help me find my keys =(

Rip on SA and the dumb history of SA a bit more... if I'm being honest it could have come off a bit more genuine and less salesman. I'm glad you don't sound like a dork, that's good.

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

everybody relax, i'm here
Nap Ghost
It was good i liked it

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

I LITERALLY SLEEP IN A RACING CAR. DO YOU?
p.s. ask me about my subscription mattress
Ultra Carp

I still am not sure what a podcast is, but I'm on one, talking about something awful.

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/something-awful/id1285444706?i=1000507276209

Please ignore my nervous energy as contrasted with their cool podcast energy. I come on around 15:00.

Some of you might read the description of the podcast. I have repeated it below. Before you get any ideas, I agreed to go on this podcast under strict reassurance that I fall under the "and more" category.

quote:

Two actors who perform the weird Internet on stage dive into the deepest web wormholes with members of fringe online communities. Alli Goldberg and Jen Jamula have hilarious and humanizing conversations with furries, ticklers, balloon fetishists, professional cuddlers, adult diaper enthusiasts, and more. You can't un-hear this.

disgusted to hear more about your diaper fetish, op

Happy Hippo
Aug 8, 2004

The Something Awful Forums > The Finer Arts > Batman's Shameful Secret > BSS Derailed Thread: Spider-Island

Thanks to this podcast I now know what something awful is, thanks!

AHH F/UGH
May 25, 2002

I like the podcast Jeff and it's nice to see the owner of the site actually talking about the site.

Also you sounded totally normal and not nervous, and also articulate and very informational.

Woden
May 6, 2006

Lil Peeler posted:

Shoulda explained EVE better. Overall good interview.

These interviewers clearly didn't do a lick of research because most everything you bring up is readily available to read on other sites. Like not even knowing that Goonswarm (having done an EVE episode) is from SA is weird.

I liked the slow reveal of that after already going over what impact SA had on the internet. It's refreshing to have the new owner be subdued about the impact of SA compared to the previous owner claiming all sorts of crap.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpaceAceJase
Nov 8, 2008

and you
have proved
to be...

a real shitty poster,
and a real james
You sound like a goddamn dork, Jeffrey. Thanks for saving for forums though