Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sisterSyzygy

The funk soul brother at the back of her head has gone dark. Forever.
whats everyone's #1 crunchable sunflower seed to snack on during the long posting hours. this is my new main squeeze

the salt is just enough to coat my tongue with blisters so the cool drinks im sippin taste even better. this is the way it's supposed to be

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heather Papps

hello friend

are you the type to toss handfulls in your mouth and crunch em all up and spit out the husks in a wad or are you a one at a time type?

thanks Dumb Sex-Parrot and deep dish peat moss for this winter bounty!

The Walrus Cancer

If we were all trees, there'd be no more wars. 'Cause we'd be trees.

Heather Papps posted:

are you the type to toss handfulls in your mouth and crunch em all up and spit out the husks in a wad or are you a one at a time type?

You spit out the husks?

Prof. Crocodile

Im thinkin about thos husks

your friend sk

(ヤイケス!)

I used to eat seeds at work because I could eat them all day and only go through like a quarter cup of them. I tried the bbq flavor once but it was Too Much

sisterSyzygy

The funk soul brother at the back of her head has gone dark. Forever.

Heather Papps posted:

one at a time baby. i need to be scientific like the scientists at the sunflower seed factory want me to be

sk posted:

I used to eat seeds at work because I could eat them all day and only go through like a quarter cup of them. I tried the bbq flavor once but it was Too Much

you cant overdo it with sunflower seeds because it's just husk, seed and whatever you have on there. it's a tough setup for a snack but worth it

your friend sk

(ヤイケス!)

Rosettas posted:

you cant overdo it with sunflower seeds because it's just husk, seed and whatever you have on there. it's a tough setup for a snack but worth it

give me some gently caress*ng pepperoni flavored seeds

Join the BYOB Army

thank you again Saoshyant!!

City of Glompton

dill pikl

cruft

The Walrus Cancer posted:

You spit out the husks?

Another husk-eater chiming in.

Ayup. I guess that's all I have to contribute to this.

Heather Papps

hello friend

The Walrus Cancer posted:

You spit out the husks?

honestly: sometimes

Rosettas posted:

one at a time baby. i need to be scientific like the scientists at the sunflower seed factory want me to be

a noble technique.

nut

wait so u eat the husks????

Heather Papps

hello friend

Heather Papps posted:

honestly: sometimes

Areola Grande

it's a free country u pervs
op if I may be so bold I'd like 2 share my personal seed eating technique ITT. real post

get a small handful, maybe 10 or 15 seeds and put em in ur mouth. Suck all the salt out first and then start popping them shits open one at a time. Crack, store the kernel in ur upper lip, spit out the husk. Rinse and repeat. At the end of this process u should have a small feast stored in ur upper lip like some kind of seed varmint. U earned it, hands free

spring sigs by nesamdoom and Ravenous Scoot

posting smiling
i prefer the petals to the seeds

Areola Grande

best flavor out there imo

Heather Papps

hello friend

prepuce repurposed posted:

mmm i love my CRABS, SHRIMP, CHICKEN seeds

posting smiling
this flavor is better

Areola Grande

:stare:

Prof. Crocodile

op if I may be so bold I'd like 2 share my personal seed eating technique ITT. real post

get a small handful, maybe 10 or 15 seeds and put em in ur mouth. Suck all the salt out first and then start popping them shits open one at a time. Crack, store the kernel in ur upper lip, spit out the husk. Rinse and repeat. At the end of this process u should have a small feast stored in ur upper lip like some kind of seed varmint. U earned it, hands free

This is an advanced technique, and I would not recommend it to new users.

Heather Papps

hello friend

posting smiling posted:

this flavor is better

munch munch chew gulp yum give me those petals

your friend sk

(ヤイケス!)

:allears:

Join the BYOB Army

thank you again Saoshyant!!

Areola Grande

It's like mom's jambalaya but in seed form

Twenty Four

Am I the only one who eats their seeds regular baseball style? Throw multiple (however many you feel ok with, the more the better, like a hand full) in your mouth, move em to one bottom side of your mouth between your cheek and molars, fish one over with your tongue to the molars on the other side, crack open, split it further and pull the seed out with your front teeth and tongue, spit out the shell, chew the seed down on the empty side and swallow, repeat as a salty tasty time waster / distraction.

Chewing up and swallowing the shells and everything wholesale sounds like a literal pain in the rear end (later). Unless some people are talking about the little thin husk thing inside the shell and just eating them pre-shelled then sure whatever.

I haven't had any in a while and I go back and forth on brands but the cracked pepper and salt are my favorites. Definitely better then regular salted without getting into the flavors that start to get tiresome after a short while.

vanisher

Sammys big bag o husks (only husks!)

Now with larger husks

Khanstant
i like chewing on rose leaves out in a garden wherever, def interested in the tin of sun leafs

Escape From Noise

nut posted:

wait so u eat the husks????

Gotta get that fibre! Otherwise how are you going to impress everyone at the next communal toilet sesh?

nut

how do u prevent a sunflower tree from growing out of ur mouth while u eat

vanisher

nut posted:

need to make sure your mouth is extremely dry so they don't get nourishment

Sig images courtesy of the talented Luvcow, Dumb Sex-Parrot, & Death Sext

nut

scowling and thinking unhappy thoughts while trying to husk a seed

Escape From Noise

nut posted:

More important question: why would you prevent this?

RickRogers

Woh, is that a thing I like??
Serious question from seasoned salted sunflower seed snacker:
Will my lips grow back?

more falafel please

forums poster

I've never successfully eaten and handful of seeds even though I grew up playing baseball

I just never developed the mouth dexterity

wait maybe I shouldn't brag about this I mean I'm good at sex and all

thanks Saoshyant and nesamdoom for the sigs!

Heather Papps

hello friend

one good thing about sunflower seeds is there isn't a funnier food to eat angrily

vanisher

Rating the most delicious husks and peels:

1. Sunflower
2. Peanut
3. Banana

Heather Papps

hello friend

vanisher posted:

1. Sunflower
2. Peanut
3. Banana

how could you forget pineapple!?!?

nut

vanisher posted:

1. Sunflower
2. Peanut
3. Banana

1. Paint
2. cicada
3. skin

vanisher

I'm on that husk and peel diet

vanisher

Heather Papps posted:

how could you forget pineapple!?!?

pineapple husk is a rare treat if you can get it. pick your teeth with the pointy stalks afterword

Heather Papps

hello friend

you see that dude in the dugout? yeah, the huge one. check out what he's - YEAH HOLY poo poo RIGHT THAT MOTHERFUCKER IS TOSSING WHOLE WALNUTS INTO HIS MOUTH AND CHOMPIN' EM DOWN we are hosed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nut

putting the kinder egg wrapper and all in my mouth pulling out the fully assembled toy afterwards