Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
Also for death boxes items are always in the same order so you can quickly learn how to scrape em for what you need.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

WattsvilleBlues posted:

I really love the R-301 Carbine and the Rampage or Flatline. The optics also look awesome. Between the R-301 and the G36C in CoD, I don't know what it is but I love their aesthetic.

The R-301 is I'm pretty sure what the devs use as a baseline in the game. Learn it, love it, it's a great gun that will treat you well.

Chemmy
Feb 4, 2001

Regrettable posted:

Lifeline is a very good character for new players. You can still be helpful and contribute even if your mechanics aren't great and she doesn't have any movement abilities to teach you bad habits early on.

It’s worth mentioning that Lifeline is useful enough that decent teams will focus her hard. She’s got great support kit but good teams are going to go out of their way to murder her first.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

There's only one thing more satisfying than bonking someone for 10 damage with a frag grenade.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/780620442829979658/887169320600342588/exactly_lethal.mp4

Up Circle
Apr 3, 2008

Bottom Liner posted:

:psyduck: even with fast-casual like Chipotle and accounting for grubhub fees I don't know how you spend $50 a day on fast food.

i have bad news for you about every single streamer on twitch

TheDemon
Dec 11, 2006

...on the plus side I'm feeling much more angry now than I expected so this totally helps me get in character.

WattsvilleBlues posted:

Thanks for the tips everyone. I don't want to spend any money on the game but there's in-game currency you can use is that right?

I've gravitated so far towards Lifeline, the trick where she can have a bot revive someone while you avenge their shame is so useful.

Bloodhound was my training wheels since the wallhack makes up for not having developed proper situational awareness yet. It's also an ability you can easily press accidentally or at a bad time without consequence. Just don't get reliant on scan so that it ruins your play on other legends... I moved on to Caustic and Octane since they are also easy abilities to use without consequence, and then learned Horizon and Gibraltar where when to press Q matters a bit more.

But legends don't matter as much as winning gunfights so really just best to play a bunch and get in a lot of fights.

If I'm trying to improve I also take every opportunity to be jumpmaster and never relinquish. Since a fair number of people will pass it on you can be jumpmaster about 50% of the time and it helps learning maps and controlling the situation you find yourself in at the start.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

Regrettable posted:

This. Also, it's usually faster to just grab everything as fast as possible and then drop whatever you don't need while you're moving to the next spot.

This is why my inventory usually ends up being only nades, shield cells and maybe a stack or two of ammo.

I'm really good at nades now, at least!

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer

dragon enthusiast posted:

When choosing what legends to buy first, ignore advice and just pick who seems fun. The worst two buys I made (rev and wattson) were based on recommendations from this thread and curiosity about playstyle, respectively

A. Good point just buy legends that look fun.

B. In what world is Revenant not fun. I challenge you to find something more satisfying than scaling the sheer side of a building behind a team that thinks their safe and destroying them.

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer

dogstile posted:

This is why my inventory usually ends up being only nades, shield cells and maybe a stack or two of ammo.

I'm really good at nades now, at least!

Nades are so important.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

ZeusCannon posted:

B. In what world is Revenant not fun. I challenge you to find something more satisfying than scaling the sheer side of a building behind a team that thinks their safe and destroying them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mU_RUNbelXk&t=16s

Ok.

I am not sorry for the shitpost video

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

patch is out

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uldvZbSAGfI

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

ZeusCannon posted:

I only vibe with shootin down plonkers

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
Servers are down

Overminty
Mar 16, 2010

You may wonder what I am doing while reading your posts..

tweet my meat posted:

Servers are down

Have you updated the game yet? It's 4.5gb

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Overminty posted:

Have you updated the game yet? It's 4.5gb

The servers are def down.

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

Evil Kit posted:

The servers are def down.

Overminty
Mar 16, 2010

You may wonder what I am doing while reading your posts..

Fair enough, I saw a screenshot of someone complaining about the event skins and thought it was a client side thing.

Dyz
Dec 10, 2010
Apex Legends: Patch is out, servers are down

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

To be clear this is pretty normal for a patch day, especially with the event, new heirloom and the Rampart buffs. I was more surprised that the start of Season 10 went so smoothly.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

I hope the changes let me run sniper/shotty on rampart and rely on Sheila for midrange fights effectively

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

apparently you can bunnyhop to preserve full movement speed while firing the minigun

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
Good grief

The game's been out for a good amount of time now, it's amazing their patch days are always so bad

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

just got my first 1v0 arena game lol

matchmaker in shambles

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.

Songbearer posted:

Good grief

The game's been out for a good amount of time now, it's amazing their patch days are always so bad

It's nuts that they have literally 10s of millions of income a month and the resources of one of the Big 3 publishers and they still can't launch a season or an event without wonkiness after over 2.5 years!

Megaman's Jockstrap fucked around with this message at 22:30 on Nov 4, 2021

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Tried to get some arena challenges done. 2v3 and 1v3 so far. Why is it that the enemy always gets the full squad? I don't think I've ever been on the full side of that equation.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Stop playing with randoms. :shrug:

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

there's a new thing on olympus

doesn't appear to serve any purpose yet

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

bangalore related it seems

https://twitter.com/shrugtal/status/1437887499670540289

Yellow Yoshi
Apr 29, 2020

Figure 1: Mario's weird dog
bangalore town takeover: a single dumb drop pod or something in the middle of a field

Fenarisk
Oct 27, 2005

Yellow Yoshi posted:

bangalore town takeover: a single dumb drop pod or something in the middle of a field

Is that it? They made it seem like good starting loot and it gets better as the game goes on.

runchild
May 26, 2010

420 smoke 🎨artisanal🍑 melange erryday

Fenarisk posted:

Is that it? They made it seem like good starting loot and it gets better as the game goes on.

They’re joking that this little lore thingamajig on Olympus is a whole town takeover since it’s Bangalore-related. The new Rampart location is on Worlds Edge.

The “still a good place to go in the mid-late game” is because you can buy kitted-out weapons there, but you need materials gathered from other areas.

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

it was a bold artistic choice to have rampart's VO record all the new lines inside my first apartment's tiny bathroom

lonelylikezoidberg
Dec 19, 2007

Chard posted:

it was a bold artistic choice to have rampart's VO record all the new lines inside my first apartment's tiny bathroom

If its your house you can VO anywhere you want to you don't have to do it in the bathroom like you still live with your parents.

lonelylikezoidberg fucked around with this message at 02:15 on Sep 15, 2021

Weebly
May 6, 2007

General Chaos wants you!
College Slice
Is Revenant the character most likely to yell “No you shut the gently caress up dad”?

Pathfinder would totally carry a printer across Olympus

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem
no i think that's probably octane. we had an ongoing argument who would say a heater gamer word between rev and caustic, and then they had to edit out one of caustic's lines that had a racial slur in it sooooo

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

lonelylikezoidberg posted:

If its your house you can VO anywhere you want to you don't have to do it in the bathroom like you still live with your parents.

:goofy: have you heard them? it sounds like they uploaded a low-bitrate sample by mistake

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

Which lines are we talking about? The ones played by the vending machines sound bad on purpose, like they're coming from a lovely speaker in-world

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
How are you guys even getting that far, my game keeps crashing before it even fully loads.

Gotta love how the store was open for all of 10 minutes, but you couldn't buy anything.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

Bottom Liner posted:

Why is this game so good but so busted every day in new ways?

Evergreen post

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

M. Propagandalf
Aug 9, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Achievements between BR and Arenas are inverted at the moment. I played all my games in Arenas so far, and it counted against my BR dailies. Better yet, its given me my first 3k badge.

EDIT: This only seems to apply to Arenas ranked

M. Propagandalf fucked around with this message at 04:04 on Sep 15, 2021