Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MJBuddy
Sep 22, 2008

Now I do not know whether I was then a head coach dreaming I was a Saints fan, or whether I am now a Saints fan, dreaming I am a head coach.
I played 3 games last night and it was a significant risk/reward play to dare to drop on the edge of the map. You're rotating to zone much faster and I got into a lot more fights where neither party was set in a trap to start.

I was in the chorus of faster first and ring last patch and so far I like it. Feels different and wasted much less of my time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tetrabor
Oct 14, 2018

Eight points of contact at all times!

MJBuddy posted:

I played 3 games last night and it was a significant risk/reward play to dare to drop on the edge of the map. You're rotating to zone much faster and I got into a lot more fights where neither party was set in a trap to start.

I was in the chorus of faster first and ring last patch and so far I like it. Feels different and wasted much less of my time.

Now put all high-tier loot on the outer POIs and you have yourself a proper Risk vs Reward loot structure.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

The Slack Lagoon posted:

I'm sad the bow isn't ground loot but vantage is fun

I'm glad arrows aren't in the loot pool anymore, good riddance.

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer
Played my first trio game of the season last night and won. Happy about that but also aware that means the algo just perked up like a loving hunting dog and my next drops ill be the kibble

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
poo poo I didn't know I missed Kings Canyon until last night.

Vantage looks fun but her quips and character in general are annoying. We need another healer, not another Bloodhound knockoff.

skipmyseashells
Nov 14, 2020
there’s a few vantage voice lines that give her some strong goon vibes, not talking to anyone in the wilderness all your life is just like being super online

MJBuddy
Sep 22, 2008

Now I do not know whether I was then a head coach dreaming I was a Saints fan, or whether I am now a Saints fan, dreaming I am a head coach.

Tetrabor posted:

Now put all high-tier loot on the outer POIs and you have yourself a proper Risk vs Reward loot structure.

Yeah I was commenting on this last night. They already do it in some places. Only concern is whether you want there to be decent loot on ground in final rings or if you're signalling to players to loot boxes and care packages then. Landing in a bit loot area now feels a little risky just because it's hard to get all of it before you've gotta book it.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Cowslips Warren posted:

poo poo I didn't know I missed Kings Canyon until last night.

Vantage looks fun but her quips and character in general are annoying. We need another healer, not another Bloodhound knockoff.

Vantage has by far some of my favorite quips and chacterisation so far. She's adorable. :3:

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Got hit by four different squads at once while engaging another party at Containment briefly before 2nd ring. Just like good old days.

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

if anyone was wondering who that person is behind the glass in the lobby

it's a recycled titanfall 2 scientist asset

https://i.imgur.com/pHfqwdr.mp4

Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough

SKULL.GIF posted:

Got hit by four different squads at once while engaging another party at Containment briefly before 2nd ring. Just like good old days.

gotta stay frosty on kc, never know where the 6th party is gonna come from

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

I'm not convinced Vantage's ult needs the laser. It makes sense on Sheila since that thing will just delete you but giving up your position for not a huge benefit doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me.

Up Circle
Apr 3, 2008
The point of the laser is sniper elite duels with the opposing vantages

Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough
love when a vantage is trying to spot me, giving herself away and I just turn around & absolutely destroy her with a 30-30

:3:

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

respawn please delete octane from the game tia

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

The point of the laser is to make anyone respawning fear for their lives

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem

Relyssa posted:

respawn please delete octane from the game tia

respawn let a team have any number of octanes on it to spite this guy, i think 3x octane would be fun

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

CoolCab posted:

respawn let a team have any number of octanes on it to spite this guy, i think 3x octane would be fun

you monster

Plank Walker
Aug 11, 2005
new LTE: High Octane: all players are octane, also he has Valk's jetpack

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
the apex private server was kinda funny cause they gave everybody wraith's q and path's grapple

kater
Nov 16, 2010

oh heck hammer point 45 being in the craft box owns

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Plank Walker posted:

new LTE: High Octane: all players are octane, also he has Valk's jetpack

also when he uses his jump pad he phases like wraith tactical

and when he stims he gets a free arm shield when ads'd

Ramie
Mar 2, 2021

a game mode where you get randomly switched to a different character every time you get a kill would be fun. might be impossible to code with the existing infrastructure i dunno

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

Grimey Drawer
I would say it shouldn't be but here we sit many years later still without a random legend choice on the drop screen.

yes I know team comp is important but sometimes you just wanna roll the dice.

The Slack Lagoon
Jun 17, 2008

ZeusCannon posted:

I would say it shouldn't be but here we sit many years later still without a random legend choice on the drop screen.

yes I know team comp is important but sometimes you just wanna roll the dice.

Select a hero already taken if not in first seat and then you have your rng

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

a priority order selection would be nice for when I’m alt tabbed and someone else gets who I expected

highme
May 25, 2001

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Does the flight path on King’s Canyon ranked always start on the end of the Caustic Tower? I played a handful of rounds last night and the ranked ones all started on that end, but with slightly different flight paths. Wasn’t paying attention on my unranked warm up round.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

highme posted:

Does the flight path on King’s Canyon ranked always start on the end of the Caustic Tower? I played a handful of rounds last night and the ranked ones all started on that end, but with slightly different flight paths. Wasn’t paying attention on my unranked warm up round.

Just a coincidence.

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

Grimey Drawer

The Slack Lagoon posted:

Select a hero already taken if not in first seat and then you have your rng

Wont it default to whatever you chose in lobby?

Also i mean workarounds ok but just put a loving button in. Hell do random favorite like all the skins etc.

The Slack Lagoon
Jun 17, 2008

ZeusCannon posted:

Wont it default to whatever you chose in lobby?

Also i mean workarounds ok but just put a loving button in. Hell do random favorite like all the skins etc.

Unless someone took it already? Not sure

Seer sniff range way too much for how small KC is, and Seer is the most boring loving champ to play against

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

It defaults to whatever your lobby champ is and if that's already taken it seems like it's random but who knows

kater
Nov 16, 2010

this game is so much more fun than it was a week ago.

Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough
Ppl wanted thunderdome back so respawn made all of KC thunderdome.

err
Apr 11, 2005

I carry my own weight no matter how heavy this shit gets...

kater posted:

this game is so much more fun than it was a week ago.

The games on KC are just so much different. Love it and hate it.

skipmyseashells
Nov 14, 2020
when did everyone in rank turn into the marines

Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough
new noko video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jg89TOBGZJs

Kalko
Oct 9, 2004

In which Noko is continually amazed Respawn didn't write a full paragraph of text for each character ability.

Cicadalek
May 8, 2006

Trite, contrived, mediocre, milquetoast, amateurish, infantile, cliche-and-gonorrhea-ridden paean to conformism, eye-fucked me, affront to humanity, war crime, should *literally* be tried for war crimes, talentless fuckfest, pedantic, listless, savagely boring, just one repulsive laugh after another
It should be available somewhere in game at least, not on a fan wiki somewhere. Gibraltar's shield not mentioning faster revives is a weirdly big omission.

I think King's Canyon and the faster, deadlier first ring is a bad combo. It feels like an active liability to get into a fight anywhere far from the ring, the risks always outweigh the reward. So then your instinct is to drop center but the center of the map is full of horrible killing fields.

Live At Five!
Feb 15, 2008
I'd be interested in a dynamic ring that speeds up as squads are wiped out. Personally I like the faster 1st ring, makes jumping on the edge of the map more exciting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

As I understand it the first ring is actually slower since it ends at the same time as it always did, it just begins shrinking right away.