Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames

Regrettable posted:

Virginia servers were poo poo. I know because I used to default to them.

I defaulted to that one when I got to the US and you may be on to something because my k/dr has gone WAY up in the past couple months :j:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

here in vegas my only server options are oregon or dallas, with utah *sometimes* appearing but being prone to just randomly throwing me out of games.

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

JOHN CENA posted:

here in vegas my only server options are oregon or dallas, with utah *sometimes* appearing but being prone to just randomly throwing me out of games.

I don't know about this season but Dallas was usually very good. It's one of the main ones streamers would use because it was pretty much always stable. I used to connect to it instead of VA or SC even though I lived in SC. (yes, I would default to VA while living in SC for some reason.)

J
Jun 10, 2001

When I switched from the origin to the steam version, it let me run the game and play 1 game. Then I got disconnected with an "unable to retrieve token from origin" error and couldn't get past the initial spinning wheel at the title screen. It would never connect no matter how long I gave it. I ended up closing steam, running steam as admin, then the game let me connect and since then I haven't had to run it as admin and it works fine. Not sure if that was just a fortunate coincidence though.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Dunno if its the lack of people playing Rampart, but people really don't seem to know how to deal with her walls. I've yet to have a Fuse utterly wreck my setup with a single Knucklecluster

Live At Five!
Feb 15, 2008
I started playing Rampart just because of her passive and got my first win plus a 2k badge for her just because of how good a 63 round Spitfire is this season. I've won multiple fights just because they had to reload and I didn't. Having a character that can use survey beacons is a good idea so you can find a good place to lock down and fortify with walls. I usually like to play aggressive but it is fun to wall up and challenge people to attack you.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
it's fun to trap a team in a building by sticking amped cover over all the exit doors

TheDemon
Dec 11, 2006

...on the plus side I'm feeling much more angry now than I expected so this totally helps me get in character.
Idk, every time I see a bunch of walls its like a "grenade here" sign to me

MarshyMcFly
Aug 16, 2012

Holy poo poo how did I not catch on sooner that Gibraltar is absolutely broken!

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames

MarshyMcFly posted:

Holy poo poo how did I not catch on sooner that Gibraltar is absolutely broken!

I rarely play him but yes he is insane

Why don't people try Sheila on a Trident? I didn't even know you could do it and when I tried it, noticed that Sheila even gets placed in the exactly perfect spot on the back.

Obviously not optimal but come on, driving around like a maniac while your teammate sprays bullets loving everywhere is incredibly fun

MarshyMcFly
Aug 16, 2012

Simone Magus posted:

Why don't people try Sheila on a Trident? I didn't even know you could do it and when I tried it, noticed that Sheila even gets placed in the exactly perfect spot on the back.

Obviously not optimal but come on, driving around like a maniac while your teammate sprays bullets loving everywhere is incredibly fun

I swear my KD has jumped significantly since I started playing him more!

Skull Servant
Oct 25, 2009

Simone Magus posted:

It's really fun but the two times I've tried it we end up clipping a low ceiling/bridge and it pops.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
The minigun has even less accuracy on the back of the car, to the point where you will get loving melted trying to shoot an actual player with it. It's only real use is shooting other cars.

The Midniter
Jul 9, 2001

Sailed to plat with a month left in this split. I usually hit plat and leave it there but with so much time left, we decided to give it a go and went positive in a half dozen games last night, even winning our first one. The pace of the game is so much slower and there are so many squads left toward the final circles, it seemed like teams would only engage when coming across each other while rotating and no one was actively looking for fights. I can only imagine how dull it must be in Diamond/Master/Pred lobbies.

Tibalt
May 14, 2017

What, drawn, and talk of peace! I hate the word, As I hate hell, all Montagues, and thee

Supposedly the Japanese meta is centered around aggressive Revanant Totem pushes. Be the change you want to see in the world, Skin Suit.

Chemmy
Feb 4, 2001

The Midniter was with me last night, we played like four games for somewhere around 650rp.

It was just wild to rotate into the second circle and see 17 teams still alive.

TrixR4kids
Jul 29, 2006

LOGIC AND COMMON SENSE? YOU AIN'T GET THAT FROM ME!
I solo queued plat yesterday and had a decent number of good games, enough to gain some RP on the day. Way too many games where I got shitter teammates though. One game they decide to drop Containment, drop at the bottom building and let other team get all the top buildings and the side one (we're now already hosed). After looting the one dude just runs right toward the side building where we know people are and gets melted. Other dude goes in and does 15 damage, which was their combined damage. Always fun to know a minute into the match that you're going to have to rat the rest of the game (I BH scanned and they were camping banners). I actually did kill and quick thirst a guy in Capacitor at the end on a really rough rotation and somehow gained 6 RP that game.

Another game was even more hilarious, we drop Repulsor and teammate gets punched out on drop and I melt the guy who shot him, dome rez him. Another guy comes to kill him because he's one shot and I kill that person, got the thirst on both at least. I then hit the third guy on the roof for like 100 at which point I tell teammate who has a mic that he needs to finish him off, I have no more ammo, at which point he goes, "wHaAAAaaaaT!?" :facepalm: . Dude was literally nowhere to be found during the fight that entire time as I fought off an entire team, even after shooting guy on roof I think he was at the bottom looting... (?) After that I was kinda hosed, I tried finding some ammo in the next building and die because I have none as the last guy shoots me after grabbing banners, at which point teammate decides this is a good time to fight a different team and die. One of them did zero damage and the other did 30 while I did 500 something...

We've all had games where we're the liability on our team and don't get good loot right away or get melted unexpectedly but holy gently caress are some of these guys completely incompetent. You could give some of these guys purple armor and a prowler off drop and they still wouldn't manage 100 damage.

TrixR4kids fucked around with this message at 17:57 on Feb 22, 2021

Cretin90
Apr 10, 2006

The Midniter posted:

Sailed to plat with a month left in this split. I usually hit plat and leave it there but with so much time left, we decided to give it a go and went positive in a half dozen games last night, even winning our first one. The pace of the game is so much slower and there are so many squads left toward the final circles, it seemed like teams would only engage when coming across each other while rotating and no one was actively looking for fights. I can only imagine how dull it must be in Diamond/Master/Pred lobbies.

My favorite is when people take this meta and apply it to lower ranks without actual gun skills or game sense. My friend and I ran across a completely bunkered up wattson/caustic team hiding in a random building in mid ring 1. This is like, silver 2 after we ignored ranked for two seasons. It’s silver 2 dude your entry cost is 12 RP, play octane and hold W.

E: we ignored them and the amount of gunfire we heard behind us indicated the entire server took their bunkering personally, which I found hilarious. We ended up winning so in this case at least it did not work out for them.

Cretin90 fucked around with this message at 19:59 on Feb 22, 2021

Fat Lou
Jan 21, 2008

Desert Heat? I thought it was Dessert Heat. No wonder it tastes so bad.

Never speak poorly to my son, the mozambique, ever again.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pyiRFkHT_XI

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?

Is...

is everyone ok :ohdear:

Overminty
Mar 16, 2010

You may wonder what I am doing while reading your posts..

A swarm of death boxes has invaded! :ohdear:

Chemmy
Feb 4, 2001

I should have taken a pic, we wiped a squad inside Solar Array that we were third partying and there had to be 20 boxes inside the sniper mountain building. It was hard to move around.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
One of my fondest wins was where I was at watchtower just outside of artillery on KC. The little buildings off to the side? 10 or so squads died in there. You couldn't actually get out unless you completely looted a couple of boxes to unblock the doors.

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames
I don't necessarily hate landing in Estates, aka "Train Yard But Worse", I just wish people who insisted on dropping there would do it right.

Unless they're dropping in such a way that we're the last squad there on purpose, which I could sort of see the logic of but... that never works because it's hard to win against several people that have good guns even if they're at low health, and they probably aren't that low because shields are on the floor too

And then sometimes I'll actually do okay and take 2 or even 3 people down, and obviously those are always the matches where at least one of my teammates disconnects the instant they get downed (not even dead, just downed)

Lexusbeat
Jul 8, 2008

Gunder posted:

I've definitely been experiencing issues with very slow login times recently.

Yep same issue. No idea why it takes 30 seconds for the login server to let me in, feels like a timeout.

runchild
May 26, 2010

420 smoke 🎨artisanal🍑 melange erryday

https://twitter.com/playapex/status/1364017209887109122

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC
Only squeezed in a couple of games today but each one of them had the same problem i.e. pubbies dicking around too long going over every inch of the drop zone for scraps of loot when the next ring is at the other end of the map, ending in us barely keeping ahead of the closing ring while some yahoos ahead of us pop out of nowhere and take us out over bad cover.

I know it only does tiny ticks but goddamn, having to keep running as it scorches your rear end sucks. 's also funny that most pubbies are equally as blasé about the way more lethal late game rings, more than a few games thrown lately because of people diving at some dead in the water enemies outside the late ring, only to get killed by it in turn because they waded out to eat some of those doomed teams' bullets.

Hell yes. Gimme more Birthday mode time I'm all for it.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

why couldn't one of the mirage recolors have been the cowboy one :(

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.

This is actually very good of them.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

They should extend it until after the switch launch

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
I wish there was a way to solo queue in regular mode. Some days I just want to find my treasure pack and be done with it.

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

Actual solos are probably never coming back, but Respawn said they're going to add no-fill mode at some point this season so you can queue solo into duos or trios games

MarshyMcFly
Aug 16, 2012

repiv posted:

Actual solos are probably never coming back, but Respawn said they're going to add no-fill mode at some point this season so you can queue solo into duos or trios games

They really should bring it back for a special event at least once a year.

oh dope
Nov 2, 2006

No guilt, it feeds in plain sight

This was their (EA's) plan all along. Wait until everyone does their last second panic impulse buys, then announce the extension. I'm onto you.

I actually have no idea how this stuff works but it feels right

Isomermaid
Dec 3, 2019

Swish swish, like a fish
A friend introduced me to this at the weekend, he wanted someone to make up a 3 with him and his kid. I've not played anything remotely like this since, gently caress.... Q3Arena? I dunno, I don't enjoy realistic/grim shooters, macho capital G gamer culture and Fortnight just didn't appeal either so 20 years of online gaming just passed me by.

But I'm having a loving blast in this! It's like being a kid again even though I'm late to the game and I suck at it. "Lets go get murdered in labs" "OK! :v:" Just proper fun.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

MarshyMcFly posted:

They really should bring it back for a special event at least once a year.

Nah, solo's mode sucked. Just a million wraith players hiding in corners with shotguns.

Granted, it was funny to play bloodhound in that mode and flush them out.

Rodney The Yam II
Mar 3, 2007

Isomermaid posted:

A friend introduced me to this at the weekend, he wanted someone to make up a 3 with him and his kid. I've not played anything remotely like this since, gently caress.... Q3Arena? I dunno, I don't enjoy realistic/grim shooters, macho capital G gamer culture and Fortnight just didn't appeal either so 20 years of online gaming just passed me by.

But I'm having a loving blast in this! It's like being a kid again even though I'm late to the game and I suck at it. "Lets go get murdered in labs" "OK! :v:" Just proper fun.

It really hits a sweet spot between stylish, humorous and sweaty. First FPS I've mained since my heyday 20 years ago and it has reawakened the joy I felt fragging noobs in UT and hatching strategies in BF1942

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
https://streamable.com/20pjqy

gently caress you, Wraith.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

They extended the event but not the LTM, booooo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

Just noticed a Caustic wandering around during the pre-game intro on KC, is that new or have I just not been paying attention