Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

oh dope
Nov 2, 2006

No guilt, it feeds in plain sight
Had a dream last night that Gibraltar had a new passive ability where could do a butt slam if he fell from high enough and it would very briefly stun and push back nearby enemies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oh dope
Nov 2, 2006

Cowslips Warren posted:

I wish they would fix Ramp. She is so fun, has so many great lines, and is worthless.

I've been having a bunch of fun with her, spamming double gold mag spitfires, spamming voicelines, I even set up sheila every once in a while.

oh dope
Nov 2, 2006

I used to like PUBG quite a bit not too long ago, but I tried playing it recently and now it seems like a janky knock off of the genre. It's slow and ugly and it just feels bad to play.

And Rampart is my new favorite I think. I dig her passives so much I don't really care about her abilities being a little underwhelming. When they work though, they work really well imo. I've beaten both my damage and kills records with her in no time and I'm having fun doing it. Gonna have to craft a new outfit for her.

oh dope
Nov 2, 2006

You got bamboozled, skin suit

oh dope
Nov 2, 2006

This was their (EA's) plan all along. Wait until everyone does their last second panic impulse buys, then announce the extension. I'm onto you.

I actually have no idea how this stuff works but it feels right

oh dope
Nov 2, 2006

Just keep it the way it is forever, it's awesome.

oh dope
Nov 2, 2006

Herstory Begins Now posted:

also apex is literally unplayable poo poo without mozzies and white gear on drop, zero hyperbole. 1000% better with basic gear

Agreed. I forgot how much I loving loathe dying before even finding a weapon.

oh dope
Nov 2, 2006

tweet my meat posted:

God they loving gutted caustic in this patch. Nerfed the base tick damage of the gas and then made it not increase in damage as it keeps ticking, and then they nerfed the ult cooldown by a full minute. The gas was already pretty heavily nerfed by being able to shoot it before it deploys and by removing the visial disorientation, and now it barely does damage. They may as well just make it a smoke mine at this point.

Wouldn't want anyone thinking of playing caustic during the caustic event i guess.

It's one hell of a nerf. Pushing through Caustic's trap set ups won't even be a big deal now. Rip gassy boy.

oh dope
Nov 2, 2006

George H.W. oval office posted:

Having a laugh that they added one of the most cried about aspects of PUBG with Ring Flares. I had no problem with red zones but man do people hate 'em

One of the few redeeming qualities of that game was driving through one with a load of randos and getting smoked. When that stopped being fun, I uninstalled the game.

oh dope
Nov 2, 2006

Ornery and Hornery posted:

I am really, really bad at this game.

Woof, I need to train how to FPS again.

This might sound ridiculous but does anybody know the best practices for like, mouse settings, ergonomics, training exercises.

I recognize "play the game a bunch of try to shoot them" is there, but it's a lot of setup before the firefights.

I bounced hard off this game at first because I just couldn't aim for poo poo. Lowering sensitivity and turning off mouse smoothing helped a ton. I still can't aim for poo poo, but now I know it's my fault.

I don't really know your level of experience, but if you're just beginning, spend some time in the firing range and familiarize yourself with the guns and characters. It won't necessarily make your aim better, but you'll have a better idea of what to expect when you have to swap weapons quickly or drop hot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oh dope
Nov 2, 2006

Ornery and Hornery posted:

I downloaded the steam aim practice game.

It was fun to see immediate improvements in speed and accuracy.

But still, even when I thought I was moving very fast I kept getting the “well below average speed” rating lol getting old freaking rules.

Also I still need to get better at aiming because even the smallest targets in the steam game are bigger than the size of other characters in Apex.

I feel like I’m aiming at millimeter wide targets a lot.

My aim isn't great either. I do okay, but if I don't have a gun I'm really good and comfortable with I tend to lose 1v1 fights. Fortunately for me, I'm the weirdo that enjoys winning the match more than a gun fight, so I focus on positioning and being defensive.