Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

man in the eyeball hat
Dec 23, 2006

Capture the opening of the portal that connects this earth of 3D to one earth of 4D or 5D. Going to the 5D.

Daztek posted:

Time to play Wattson forever

yeah i find it funny that every single fuse ability is hard countered by wattson. im gonna play him, im sure he'll be fun in unranked, but drat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

man in the eyeball hat
Dec 23, 2006

Capture the opening of the portal that connects this earth of 3D to one earth of 4D or 5D. Going to the 5D.

Arzaac posted:

I know they wouldn't do it because it'd ruin ping clarity, but I'd love a legend who explicitly does not know guns and just goes "uh...this is some kind of shotgun pistol?"

i read this very clearly in mirages voice

man in the eyeball hat
Dec 23, 2006

is that the only way to friendly fire in the game?

man in the eyeball hat
Dec 23, 2006

Tweak posted:

I like it way better on the flatline than the 301, but it’s definitely situational either way

had a very good game earlier where I picked up a lot of chip damage with flatline anvil receiver. it adds some distance utility that really helps

man in the eyeball hat
Dec 23, 2006

i clutched a 1v3 on olympus off the drop yesterday, then pubbie drug us into a 3v2 in the open between docks and power grid. we won that fight, i got my shield refilled, then we got pinched between 3 teams.

i still don't like olympus, but i really like the KC updates

man in the eyeball hat
Dec 23, 2006

I also really hate the number of "oh that's actually a death pit" spots on Olympus, especially when WE has updrafts over the deep lava pits to put you back on the map

man in the eyeball hat
Dec 23, 2006

tweet my meat posted:

I've been playing a ton of bangalore this season and I'm head over heels in love with the combo of smoke grenades and a digital threat wingman. Just launch a smoke on the enemy's position and plink away with impunity.

I ran mastiff + digi threat for a few games, really strong so long as no one else has a digi threat. Bang's ults also come up so fast, it's incredible. I only played her minimally until this season, now I think she's probably my most played for the season.

man in the eyeball hat
Dec 23, 2006

SteelMentor posted:

Put the Charge Rifle in Care Packages.

I'm just sick of seeing it take up Sniper spawns.

this but its the instagib shock rifle from UT99

man in the eyeball hat
Dec 23, 2006

Bobbin Threadbear posted:

ladies and gentlemen... I present to u, lifeline bepop
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v1YAgAH-y9A

this is incredible

that wattson shield regen is wild

man in the eyeball hat
Dec 23, 2006

that Loba skin is giving me UT2k4 vibes

man in the eyeball hat
Dec 23, 2006

Skyarb posted:

I cannot possibly disagree with something more. Mouse acceleration is a disease and causes players to miss reaction shots under pressure because the speed at which you flick is never consistent. What is consistent is mouse distance.

while I don't disagree that it's easier to play with it off I think muscle memory is the real key.

if you learned to play with acceleration i believe you can probably do just fine. you get better at flick shots by knowing what the movement is to rotate your crosshairs to the target, not by thinking out what the movements you need to make are. there's no reason you couldn't learn a more complicated movement that depends on your mouse velocity in addition to mouse displacement

edit- this is not to say you should play with mouse acceleration. it's probably easier to learn to play without, and i also play without it. I know some CSGO pros play with it, but they probably use custom acceleration curves and are also way better at FPSs than probably anyone in this thread

man in the eyeball hat fucked around with this message at 22:25 on Mar 8, 2021

man in the eyeball hat
Dec 23, 2006

I edited my post, but there are CSGO pros who play with mouse acceleration. They probably use custom acceleration curves so it's not the default setting from Windows, but it is possible.

man in the eyeball hat
Dec 23, 2006

SKULL.GIF posted:

#3 needs to be permanent.

yeah i'm very interested in seeing how this speeds up the game. First ring will probably close almost immediately, but if it closes at the same speed then I'm not sure how much it'll fix the "I'm at the second ring and 4 squads are left" situation

man in the eyeball hat
Dec 23, 2006

Brain In A Jar posted:

It's more to do with how drops work, the physics, should you use your W boost, what happens if you do, etc.

is there a reason not to hold W at all times?

man in the eyeball hat
Dec 23, 2006

why the gently caress did my teammates just throw themselves off the map after we won two third parties in a row? they literally jumped off the map after we won the fight, both of them. i grabbed both banners because gently caress you for bailing in ranked, i solod to second

man in the eyeball hat
Dec 23, 2006

Regrettable posted:

Horizon has a higher win rate than Wraith. Octane is also op, which I thought I would never say. Volt is a better SMG than the R-99. Snipers are actually good now. Quite a lot has changed.

I think Volt is kind of an intermediary between R-301 and R-99, but I haven't checked the DPS on the Volt. R-99 still lasers people up close, so I feel like the Volt fires a little too slow to beat the R-99 for a fixed length of fire time

man in the eyeball hat
Dec 23, 2006

Bow should be quiet/silent, and maybe it won't leave a bullet trail. That would make it interesting to me.

I'm reluctant to endorse a light ammo LMG; we're already at 6 light guns, and I don't want to dilute the gun pool further.

man in the eyeball hat
Dec 23, 2006

im here for an energy pistol that's similar to the wingman though, similar to the Spitfire/Devo duality

man in the eyeball hat
Dec 23, 2006

repiv posted:

How about : remove the P2020, RE45 and Mozam from the loot pool and let us choose one (or either pistol + mozam) to spawn with at the start of the game

I'm cool with P2020 or Mozam for drop weapon, and the "drop with white everything" mode from the start of the season really makes me wish this were the case.

RE45 has significantly higher DPS than both, especially off the drop

man in the eyeball hat
Dec 23, 2006

ammo type is distinct from weapon class, but I am curious what sights are allowed for marksman vs sniper

man in the eyeball hat
Dec 23, 2006

im just bad crypto

man in the eyeball hat
Dec 23, 2006

Relyssa posted:

Let Loba + anyone else in the Support category open the extra compartment in blue bins.

I've been saying this for a while. theme the items you get out after whoever opens it

man in the eyeball hat
Dec 23, 2006

SteelMentor posted:

30 v 30 hellmode with no respawns

im cool with this, give me the 9v9 mode from Spellbreak

man in the eyeball hat
Dec 23, 2006

man in the eyeball hat
Dec 23, 2006

make something like the train KotH mode permanent IMHO

man in the eyeball hat
Dec 23, 2006

why would they do that now but not before

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

man in the eyeball hat
Dec 23, 2006

rev always had the wall climbing, it just got a huge buff a few seasons ago