Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jinnigan
Feb 12, 2007

We shall pay him a visit. There will be a picnic. Tea shall be served.
Why is my apex resetting when i click to connect ("continue")? I click, it loads, it brings me back to the connect screen. I deleted and reinstalled and its still doing it. Sup with that

edit: i tried it with steam and it didn't work. i tried it with origin and it also didn't work. i tried switching the gateway, no luck. flushing DNS? also no luck. im out of ideas here folks

Jinnigan fucked around with this message at 08:05 on Feb 3, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jinnigan
Feb 12, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vK_KeHwAXuM

how do i fix this. please advise

Jinnigan
Feb 12, 2007

Jinnigan posted:

Why is my apex resetting when i click to connect ("continue")? I click, it loads, it brings me back to the connect screen. I deleted and reinstalled and its still doing it. Sup with that

edit: i tried it with steam and it didn't work. i tried it with origin and it also didn't work. i tried switching the gateway, no luck. flushing DNS? also no luck. im out of ideas here folks

Someone on twitter mentioned just letting the game run minimized for like 10-15 minutes before logging in. I tried it and it worked! Got a bunch of weird connections before it sorted itself out - the first few times it would show me an announcement or two before kicking me out. Then after I cleared through my accouncements and rewards (a LOT) I could log in and see the 'play' button but the 'legends' menu was grayed out for a while. Not sure if that was the solution or if there was some minor update that coincidentally came out today. Someone on the EA forums hypothesized that it was Too Many Reward Screens. That makes sense to me. Now that I have no rewards to clear through I can log in with no problems.

Anyways!! Figured I'd put it in here just in case someone else or someone else's friend had had a similar problem. Now to spend $100 on loot packs

Jinnigan fucked around with this message at 19:29 on Feb 10, 2021

Jinnigan
Feb 12, 2007

Kazinsal posted:

have they fixed the game so you can actually connect to it yet

scroll up

Jinnigan
Feb 12, 2007

i cant get a handle on map movement and zone control in olympus, theres so many wide open spaces to traverse with no cover and most points of interest have no discernable "edge" to cover a flank. i dont understand it!! how are you supposed to stay on the outside of fights

Jinnigan
Feb 12, 2007

ive definitely had a number of fights this sesson where i shouldve been lasered down- i saw then shoot at me and heard the bullets hit me - but i took 0 damage. very nice for me

Jinnigan
Feb 12, 2007

Kazinsal posted:

It's been three weeks and I still can't log into this game. I've reinstalled twice, changed datacenters, tried a VPN, no dice.

loving EA.

have you tried mashing esc after you click connect? the hypothesis is that there are so many rewards and announcements adding up that the game kicks you out because it can't handle the number. mashing esc hopefully clears one or two out each attempt.

Jinnigan
Feb 12, 2007

Overminty posted:

A swarm of death boxes has invaded! :ohdear:

god this junction in particular is so hosed, anytime i make it here i know i'm going to get third-fourth-fifth partied. and i'm always right

Jinnigan
Feb 12, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TqfBBYYaVP8

okay so valk jetpack is a toggle. also the macross missiles shoot out right away, barely any delay compared to gibby/bang, and there's no markers for the enemy to see. that's very strong

Jinnigan fucked around with this message at 05:41 on May 4, 2021

Jinnigan
Feb 12, 2007

Songbearer posted:

This battlepass is really nice. Some solid quality blue rarity skins that don't look like your nana's wallpapers and great character backgrounds. Gonna use Bloodhound's as soon as I get it.

The quest reward R99 is very pretty too

wait what quest is this

Jinnigan
Feb 12, 2007

that lil v peace sign that Valkyrie does when the jetpack turns off is doing so much personality work. i loving love it

Jinnigan
Feb 12, 2007

MarshyMcFly posted:

I just saw a Valkarie with over 700 kills today. How is that humanly possible? With all the server disruption yesterday its basically been one whole day's worth of a season.

Chard posted:

anyone else think cheating has gotten way, way worse in the last few weeks? had my arena streak ended at 5 tonight by a threesome that was lasering every single shot, shooting into rocks as though they were see-through, and not taking damage from being outside the ring. overall the game seems to be in a good place but the standouts have been especially obvious recently.

think i found your answer here

Jinnigan
Feb 12, 2007

Simone Magus posted:

I think they did a great job with the arena designs btw, sniping is not OP and in fact can often be really bad, a coordinated team that actually flanks will just casually take snipers out pretty often in my experience

can u explain in more detail how 2 flank

Jinnigan
Feb 12, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JqFAuK_u5eY

had a really nice game where we got constantly third partied but everyone was really nice about only coming in once we were mostly done with the previous team. good game for me, finally got my 2k damage badge on octane

be curious to get some advice from better players. on rewatch i saw at least 2 times where the enemy was completely on my screen and i just..... didn't see them, cuz i was focused on something else. oopsy

Jinnigan
Feb 12, 2007

who are the good apex content creators to follow, either for fun or for learning?
ive learned a lot watching albralelie, i like that when his team gets downed they think about what mistakes they made and what they should've done better

Jinnigan
Feb 12, 2007

J posted:

I like Noko's stuff, all of his guides are great and his usual gameplay is really good too. All his legend specific guides will almost certainly have a few things in there you didn't know.

thank you, this guy is great!

Jinnigan
Feb 12, 2007

catgirlgenius posted:

I think I'm basically in your same skill bracket, but,

*I don't know why you were using the 30-30. You landed maybe 5% of your shots, and passed up a bunch of G7s and Boceks besides! Speaking as someone who also had a 95% miss rate with the 30-30 until the last week of last season, going to the firing range with that one would probably be helpful.

*Looking back at the moments when you were on a roll, you will notice that half the work was done by the fact that, in that moment, you came from an unexpected place. And in the moments where you stalled out, like that small abortive peek at 1:35, you were going out of your way to be predictable. Instead of going back to the same piece of cover with the intention of popping out as you were already doing, you could have put doing your ult and done a long jump to the other end of that long building. Maybe it wouldn't have worked out, but you could just pop your stim in that situation and run back to cover.

*On that note, you weren't really using Octane's abilities to facilitate any plays. With your tactical, you can really catch people with their pants down by showing up just 2 seconds earlier than they expect you to. Instead, it seemed like you were dreading coming into contact with enemies half the time. Again, that tactical means you can just scout things out at ground-level with minimal risk, and your ult means you can make high jumps just to scout enemy positions.

More personally, I always ask myself, what would be most convenient for my enemies right now? If the answer is [whatever I'm currently doing], I try to change my gameplan. I try to never spend more than 5-10 seconds on the same patch of ground, and I try to not use pieces of cover/angles of attack more than once unless circumstances changed majorly in the same fight. I always ask myself if the last 30 seconds of play worked out as best as they could, and if not, what I could do differently in the next 30

Oh and I also try to visualize everything in an eagle's eye view, as if from Crypto's drone, and then do the play that would be the most sicknasty to an outside perspective :v:

thanks! this is all extremely helpful feedback

Jinnigan
Feb 12, 2007

Cretin90 posted:

Devo’s a monster but I literally never use it due to its attachment thirst so I will be losing zero sleep if I don’t max out my pass.

it's an Evangelion Unit-01 skin tho

Jinnigan
Feb 12, 2007

Taratang posted:

Not purchasable but they do all appear in the care packages of later rounds. I won an arena last night with a collateral kraber shot the other team was definitely not expecting.

Whoa, nice

Jinnigan
Feb 12, 2007

J posted:

Is it just me or is the duos queue incredibly sweaty? It honestly feels like the games are easier doing a duo no fill queue into trios and dealing with 2v3s against people who actually miss shots sometimes. Everybody that kills me in duos has more stats on one character than I do my entire account and deletes me as soon as they look in my general direction, it's insane. And after getting our asses kicked for god knows how many games it still seems like we never get any easier lobbies.

peoplw who like to solo queue and pubstomp tend to do it in duos since its easier to 1v2 than to 1v3

Jinnigan
Feb 12, 2007

finishing someone off with a punch after a long firefight is a great feeling

Jinnigan
Feb 12, 2007

is there a place that collects all the little lores and short stories into one place i can scroll through? i like the storytelling and characters but my preferred way of consuming isn't hunting here and there for bits and pieces

Jinnigan fucked around with this message at 22:12 on May 28, 2021

Jinnigan
Feb 12, 2007

yeah it's really noticeable in arenas. personally i don't feel bad getting absolutely dunked by a 4000 kill apex predator sometimes because i would just play ranked if i didn't want that. :xcom: but yesterday in arena games i thought i accidentally got put in a newbie queue, getting matched with level 10 or 12 accounts with single digit kills that haven't figured out things like 'moving and shooting at the same time'

Jinnigan
Feb 12, 2007

i think lifeline's voice actress does a great job with it but i really wish they wouldn't write her comic dialogue in the accent. comes off like white boys writing jivespeak

Jinnigan
Feb 12, 2007

dogstile posted:

Yeah, Arena is this weird, sanitised version of what I like about apex. Skulltown Arena will just be the same sort of thing, you find the good spot and you hold it.

its more shooting by the ounce

Jinnigan
Feb 12, 2007

say what you will about the quality of them (and i mostly like them), i think its extremely cool that respawn is giving fans opportunities to put professional paid work in their portfolios

Jinnigan
Feb 12, 2007

Bottom Liner posted:

cheaper carrying a lot of weight there when you're talking Activision and EA

drat son, you telling me there isn't any ethical consumption under capitalism? poo poo! gently caress!!!

Jinnigan
Feb 12, 2007

Bottom Liner posted:

I'm not telling you to not play the game, but there's a big gap between that and praising the practice of crowd sourcing content for a company with a market cap of 40 billion.

How much of that 40 billion makes it to Respawn, do you think?

Jinnigan
Feb 12, 2007

Unless you have some actual evidence that the artist was underpaid, I don't find this analytic line of "companies pay workers less than the profit they generate" particularly enlightening, especially from a guy who even can't be bothered to break down the relationship between a parent company and a subsidiary company.

Jinnigan
Feb 12, 2007

Bottom Liner posted:

I think you're making my point more than you realize :hfive:
I actually just think it's lovely to ~~implyyy~~ that Respawn entertainment is guilty of lovely labor practices without evidence!

https://twitter.com/alex_frostwolf/status/1407466058202578944

It seems weird to draw the line at "paying fan artists to do official work" while accepting without question the entire extraction model of an infinitely spendable GaaS, complete with gambling boxes.

Jinnigan
Feb 12, 2007

Mercury_Storm posted:

cool now they can take all the wattson-wraith lesbian fan-fiction and make that canon too

and pay an animator to make videos of it?

Jinnigan
Feb 12, 2007

dragon enthusiast posted:

arenas is good, and fun

Jinnigan
Feb 12, 2007

are there good "how 2 git gud" apex streamers now. nokokopuffs is on hiatus

Jinnigan
Feb 12, 2007

lmfao they really need to fix this loving command center final circle, you can't even get up there an alternate way with valkyrie

i guess there's a jump gun that goes up there? need to memorize that one i guess

Jinnigan
Feb 12, 2007

Are there any videos about getting good at fighting? I mean specifically peeking, using cover, moving in and around buildings, approaching enemies while still maintaining protection, etc?

Jinnigan
Feb 12, 2007

Keito posted:

What are you thinking about re: the buildings?

thanks, this is really helpful

in general i lose track of whats going on in fights and where enemies/allies are very easily. keeping whats going on clear in my head would go a long way. not sure if theres a way to improve that intentionally

for building specifics i just mean tips on fighting in and around buildings. how do you deal with a guy holding a door with a shotgun? what if theyre holding stairs? what if the enemy team is on the roof of the building you're in?

obviously not getting in these bad situations is the best. but sometimes you gotta play these bad situations. any help on this kinda thing would be great

Jinnigan
Feb 12, 2007

man im awful on broken moon

i dont know how to fight on any of these buildings

Jinnigan
Feb 12, 2007

yeah i just mean the buildings are all so unique (?) and most of them aren't the same recycled building blocks that get reused in the other maps that i have to relearn everything. like a lot of times ill be wanting to help my teammates fight by going around the building to shoot a guy in the back but then it turns out its some long windy road to get there.

not a game problem, just a me problem. just gotta play it more

Jinnigan
Feb 12, 2007

im sucking a lot this league in apex so im trying out some of the kovaaks training stuff. im playing the basic playlist and im consistently in the bottom 20-30%. lmao. sucks 2 suck

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jinnigan
Feb 12, 2007

dubmass newbie player question time. what suggestions for playing when i'm against an obviously better player? like we're peeking each other they consistently just get more damage than me. or, you know, i mean you can just tell right. i mean yeah every encounter is so unique it's hard to give exact advice. i guess it's like, try to separate myself from them, try to stick with my teammates?? idk