Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mangoose
Dec 11, 2007

Come out with your pants down!

SteelMentor posted:

Would be nice to not have the game lock up weirdly between Champion reveal and the pre-drop. More than a few times I've been left drumming my fingers awkwardly because the screen won't transition, even though everything is obviously advancing per the music/sounds/whatever.

Been trying to actively not default for a Spitfire & Triple Take/R99/Volt set up every game and I'm shocked just how good pistols feel in Apex compared to... every shooter in existence bar OG Halo. Feel like people really don't know what to do when you pull out a P2020, like they're stunned they're seeing it ever used beyond a desperate hotdrop skirmish.

I had a winning game earlier where I was weapon starved in the beginning and ran with the P2020 for a while. Eventually I found a R-301 and an Anvil Receiver. Ran into Hammerpoint Rounds almost immediately after and figured I'd give it a shot, I'd never tried it before. Softened targets up with 301 semi auto and finished them with the P2020, and I was surprised at the efficiency. Really glad that I'm moving out of my comfort zone and trying new stuff.

Totally agree on the feel of the pistols, and how people react. Although to be fair, they could have just been reacting to the absolute avalanche of damage coming out of the little pea shooter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mangoose
Dec 11, 2007

The Midniter posted:

I was messing with the Anvil the other day and it seems like it turns the 301 into a G7 with more controllable recoil and larger mag. Also, the option to switch back to auto, making it basically the perfect gun. Why didn't anyone telll meeeeeeeeeeeee

I know right? 28 shots with a purple mag. And correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the fire rate slightly higher than the G7 too? Guess I could try it in the firing range if the game would LET ME SIGN IN

Mangoose
Dec 11, 2007

wa27 posted:

Well, the Anvil uses double ammo per shot.

Ah right :downs:

Mangoose
Dec 11, 2007

Boxman posted:

I got my last 500-600 in literally one game with loba with maybe 7 heat shields. Started popping them at ring level 3.

Grinding for a couple badges was real dumb but so am I.

I did it for the last 2000 damage with Loba. Derp.

Mangoose
Dec 11, 2007

dogstile posted:

Stop playing with pubs. We have an incredibly active goon discord.

Stop. Playing. With. Pubs.

I think a lot of people, including myself, "avoid" playing with goons because we don't want to ruin games by being lovely noobs. My aim is mediocre, awareness of my surroundings in a firefight is dumpster tier and decision-making is laughable.

It's gotten better over time, I watch a lot of videos and read about tactics and stuff. I think I'm shooting for a skill level where I can join a goon game and not feel like I have to apologise for every idiot move I make. Pubbies are even more terrible than I am, most of the time, so I get away with stupid poo poo there.

I guess you could argue that I would improve faster in goon groups, but the above still stands :v: