Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough
Haven’t had a chance because of life circumstances to play all season so ofc they’re bringing back the one skin I’ve wanted when I can’t play. One day you’ll be mine death mask lifeline.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough
If you dropped really spicy that’s pretty common. Armor swap is gonna happen a lot if you’re fighting amidst a graveyard.

Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough
Yeah it’s not coming anytime soon if at all.

Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough
Ssssh don’t tell nobody 😉

https://youtu.be/qYCAf0nWhZI

Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough

repiv posted:

just allowing people to demote between ranks is a much more straightforward solution to people getting hardstuck at the bottom of a rank

i assume the rank ratcheting system was supposed to be a player engagement optimization thing (losing a rank feels bad) but it may have done more harm than good

yeah i think it's gonna feel bad at first but a better system in the long run

Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough
As far as respawns go back in Titanfall they had an in-universe explanation ro the way regeneration/prestiging worked and I just figured that's basically what they were doing here just more frequently. In TF it was some kinda reverse aging body restoration process that wiped your memories.

That said there is full on VR simulaiton wargames in this universe so who knows. Also, I don't think Revenant's shadow magic has ever been explained either.

Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough
They should make revenant some kind of vampire, that would be cool. Vampires are cool (and sexy, not that revenant isn't already the sexiest legend).

Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough
I am still waiting for them to add an ultimate thats just a titan with the cpu chip in it or w/e that makes it accurate against players from titanfall

Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough
Make it super slow to charge, only lasts 60 seconds. Give it that semi-auto 40mm? cannon i forgot what it's called. Obviously it can't follow in a lot of the areas on these maps but just think about how cute it'd be trying to pathway around to you while thud thudding.

It's nice to dream.

Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough

runchild posted:

Characters automatically say it when squad members are too far away from each other. I wish there was a manual “regroup” ping, though. You could use it before the automatic conditions are met, or when teammates don’t understand that if they get a head start and keep moving there’s often literally no way to catch up.

I’d also really like something along the lines of “I hear something” or “I think enemies are at X location”. The “enemies” voice lines are so specific about seeing them and it would be nice to communicate a bit more nuance. Sometimes I’m not sure if I heard them, or maybe I’ve just got a spidey sense tingling. Preferably you’d be able to use it on the map, too.

one of the things i love about BH kit is being able to ping footprints like "hey ppl were JUST here" just to keep ppl frosty

Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough

Boxman posted:

You probably aren't missing anything. I think people are a little optimistic about red currency around these parts. I remember it taking a pretty long time to unlock all the characters, and I started a year or so before you, glancing at your post history. Not, like, League of Legends long (I think I was playing on and off for 6 years before I caught up to current releases), but it definitely took a while.

I think its also one of those things where most of the ppl here haven't actually cared or paid attention to their red token in a very long time. I basically didn't play for a year (last time was dec 2020?) so I missed pretty much every new char from starting with seer. I was still able to buy them all save 2 (new castle and fuse if you're curious). Still had a couple thou left over. Once you've got a decent chunk of the roster unlocked its just completely out of sight/mind since those alternate colorways for skins tend to pop rarely.

Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough
So I wasn't around for mad maggies release and just got her recently; how do I use her ultimate? I get the speed boost and that the ball does some damage and knockback if it hits but is there any agreed ideal circumstance to use it etc?

Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough
Thanks guys. Right after I posted that question I had a win with her that was at least 70% because of the ult haha. 2 squads left, ring closing on one of the fragments (west?). We decided to third party and right as we're pushing the building they're all poking and fighting in they try to run out to be met with the ball hitting them in the door way. Fun times.

Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough
I main revenant for the voice lines.

Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough
The r99 is still top tier right? I didn't play for almost a year so some changes i totally missed. I've been trying out the CAR and the ammo swap is nice and being able to use one of two magazine types is cool but idk if I love it. Lever rifle is fun though

Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough

Javik the Seer posted:

I have to say, I wasn't sure how to engage with a lot of posts about fragment since I play almost exclusively ranked.

I've been doing a lot of unranked to just get some battle pass challenges knocked out, and holy poo poo. Is this actually fun for the Apex community? To have half the server drop in fragment and just a constant buzz saw of combat? I feel like its not even who is best at the game, but rather who wins the RNG of landing near a gun first. You can go through like 6 unranked games in the time it takes to do one ranked one simply because almost everyone hot drops immediately and quits as soon as they are downed. Even if you win the initial fragment blood bath, the entire rest of the server has had time to loot up and head your way which means you're going to inevitably be 3rd 4th and 5th partied as soon as you come up for air.

I don't think I've had an unranked game go beyond the 3rd ring in the last week since everyone but maybe 4 squads is dead by ring 2. Its insane. And not particularly fun.

Also what is with folks leaving as soon as they are downed? They really should put some kind of penalty or some way to encourage folks to stay in the game for at least some kind of minimum time. Folks will drop, push a team, maybe get a knock, team catches up to help them out, they die, and immediately leave, screwing the team over for trying to help them. That isn't fun either.

Might as well start a game mode called Arcade for that style, and as soon as you die you can elect to board a drop ship for another game immediately to requeue. Its frustrating to have the only "real" battle royale mode be ranked because every other mode is just deathmatch.

Ninja edit: Don't get me wrong there is nothing wrong with wanting to play deathmatch type play. That can be fun for sure and sometimes you're in the mood for it. Still, it kinda ruins it for everyone by having fickle team mates that quit with no recourse.

I took a year off the game and a *small* part of me is laughing that this is still the way it goes. War never changes.

Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough
I was afraid to try the bochek since coming back but I picked one up for a marskman challenge and its pretty fun! Idk why I thought the arrows would be slow as poo poo or something.

Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough
Just want to randomly say that the theme of the BP this season is boring as hell.

Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough

Hackan Slash posted:

It is hard to have a character who's core identity is doctor when they're the third best medic in the game.

They need to do something drastic, my possible ideas

doc can heal shields too
Bring back the shield while ressing but make it work like Newcastle
Doesn't need a banner to res
Ult can bring down a rez like a drop pod, maybe a basic loadout

The problem is that her abilities are supposed to help you when you're hosed but they're not nearly strong enough to do that

Maybe have her ult also respawn dead squadmates as well. Let it also spawn low tier weapons too (alternator, mozam, re45). Could create some cool late chaos situations where you're respawning teammates endgame...which is probably what they dont want but still.

Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough

Jack B Nimble posted:

What if the ult made a healing plyon that functioned like a super charged drone heal to help you either push or hold off a push. Maybe it also starts reviving anyone who's down? Lasts ten seconds, don't try to fight the team that is being life lined?

Give her a bubble like gibby that's maybe a little smaller and doesn't last as long but regends health and shields. That could work but ppl will probably cry about more shields.

There is also the potential to start creating a problem overwatch had where shields became so pervasive that it felt oppressive.

Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough
why couldn't they have put some of these in BP gently caress. Kamen Rider badguy ash looks dope and I like Ultraman Loba.

Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough

SKULL.GIF posted:

I typically get more use out of snipers during the final 2-3 circles than any other circle. These lategame circles, fights frequently become long-range exchanges as neither team is willing to rush out from safety. Getting a good Longbow or Sentinel headshot forces a shield bat and if you have someone like Fuse, Caustic, Gibraltar/Bangalore you can either lock them down for a good rush or flush them out to pick off.

I was wary of snipers for a long long time for really no good reason because sniping in this game is relatively easy and there's no better way to absolutely bully & harass enemy squads outside of straight rushdown delete them. Also my damage numbers went up by an embarrassing amount the second I started sniping more.

Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough
If you're frugal you can save your pennies (blue craft mat/shard thingies) and maybe you'll be able to afford one of the skins every second or third event that comes up.

Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough
Boy there is nothing quite like purple mag dump with an r301 and getting that sweet knock down sfx.

Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough
It's 10 gigs, not 30. An inconvenience sure but you make it sound like it went from 50 - 80 or 90. Epic used their own engine with Fortnite. Apex is still running on some bastard version of source iirc. Apex is probably not gonna get any smaller lol.

Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough
This might be just anecdotal but I do know a lot of ranked poopsockers are extremely vocal about how grindy this season has been and a lot of them quit to just do casual/public matches more again.

Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

Ranked is fun because there will be more then 3 squads alive before ring 1 closes and those final circles with a squad behind every rock and lamp post are pretty intense.

If you are anxious just stop caring about the numbers and focus on your overall map positioning and where enemy teams are likely to collapse from, if you take a fight win it quick and decisively or be ready to book it before the third parties arrive behind you.

If you don't drop with everyone else in a normal game you usually have an extremely quiet game because people are just landing to have a deathmatch and quit out on down a thousand times trying to recreate their favorite streamer moment instead of actually playing to win and that gets boring after awhile.

This is good advice in general.

Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough
Just want to shoutout control mode for making getting these red weapon challenges and loot neutral cps a breeze. I pretty much never see players go for CPs in control, its weird.

Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough
as bad as everyone dropping fragment is on olympus, ever single game of storm point feels the same. Like the whole match follows the same beats. Once you make it out of fragment an olympus match can go anyway but storm point feels like there are no surprises.

Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough
Yeah I meant WE sorry

Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough

Groovelord Neato posted:

Stormpoint is too big and I've never understood how BRs keep running into this problem. The same thing happened with PUBG - the original map was too big and then the second map they released was even worse because it was the same size but didn't have water taking up some of the area and so it felt less dense.

I think the issue is ppl complain about third parties so they make the maps bigger, then everyone complains about how boring and empty it is. Ppl need to search inside themselves and realize the truth, they just want to play regular old small arena based deathmatch instead.

Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough
Meanwhile lifeline out here calling down mid care packages

Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough
You should be using control to get your wingman longbow time up.

Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough

Ornery and Hornery posted:

Thanks for the input, all!

It’s wild to me that there was a point in my life where I was good at FPS because I am bad now lol

Just gotta get the rust off, it’s like riding a bike :)

This is kind of a mindset thing but I recommend also picking like one general area to focus on. Like "Today I'm gonna focus on accuracy and hitting shots." "Today I'm just going to focus on staying alive." One of the reasons why I feel like Halo is a good modern game/ arena shooter to play that carries over to this is you learn that sometimes its okay to just disengage and regroup. It's really easy to over extend and get greedy in Apex. Since you're getting your sea legs again I'd just focus on staying alive and consistently hitting my targets. Do that long enough the kills will come.

Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough

Up Circle posted:

i improved a lot at this game by playing with randos in pubs and doing whatever it took to win the game whether or not my team quit but perhaps that road is nto for everyone

Yeah play the game out no matter what, and just do your best under the circumstances.

Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough

Audax posted:

Team Deathmatch or Deathmatch when?????

And Quake style; not the insta-load with weapons popular shooters do these days. You gotta hunt and starve for the Red/Yellow/Mega

Halo style p2020 alternator starts. Red Shields as overshield.

Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough
Being a better shooter and getting knocks/elims is all I care about.

Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough
Wow crypto pretty powerful in the right hands. That ult makes a sizable difference when ambushing. I never touch him and just won two matches back to back lmao. RNG probably just blessed me though.

Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough
I wonder how Respawn will respond lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough

Mercury_Storm posted:

I have a hard time believing anyone is actually playing this on mobile, especially not enough to justify continued development without outside cash being pumped in

Mobile gaming is huge, especially internationally. Mobile Apex has a different dev team entirely too iirc.