Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fat Lou
Jan 21, 2008

Desert Heat? I thought it was Dessert Heat. No wonder it tastes so bad.

Never speak poorly to my son, the mozambique, ever again.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pyiRFkHT_XI

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fat Lou
Jan 21, 2008

MarshyMcFly posted:

I love dying to a pred squad every single platinum game. Best game ever!

You could just kill them

Fat Lou
Jan 21, 2008

Yeah, if anything I want them to rotate some weapons out of the pool each season. Adding more weapons and ammo types are just going to make it more of a scavenging simulator. The reason why the no white loot ltm was so good was because it made looting efficient and got you to the action. The looting is and will forever be the more boring part of the game, so anything to lean away from that is for the better.

Fat Lou
Jan 21, 2008

Pedestrian Xing posted:

I fully support adding an explosive ammo type if it gets us closer to the Sidewinder.

Add the EPG to Apex you loving cowards

Fat Lou
Jan 21, 2008

Ultra Zones suck so much. They are the worst lte

Fat Lou
Jan 21, 2008

please switch out the prowler and spitfire respawn

Fat Lou
Jan 21, 2008

SteelMentor posted:

Bloodhound could probably have a bit of a buff that said.

No.

Bloodhound is one of the most overpowered characters right now.

Fat Lou
Jan 21, 2008

Bottom Liner posted:

Anyone know what's causing the long rear end black loading screen when I launch the game? I let it sit for like 10 minutes just now and it never got me to the main screen. Relaunching 3-4 times until the game works is tedious as gently caress.

I have had this black screen issue since season 9.5. Steam, Origin, etc it is all the same. It also takes forever during map changes. I have a 8700K and a 2070 so I know it is not them. It seems to be some sort of connectivity issue as after my black screen stays that way for 10 minutes I get a code leaf or net I cant remember and then when I press enter again it instantly gets to the main menu.

Fat Lou
Jan 21, 2008

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

I think the best counters to Seer right now are Wattson for repairing the chip damage and Rampart for setting up defenses where if he scans you he'll run into a wall of death he didn't see.

The next best counter is to wait a few weeks for them to nuke him from orbit.

The best counter to seer is another seer.

Fat Lou
Jan 21, 2008

Evil Kit posted:

"No such thing as auto aim." Fuckin' lol I didn't realize that's an actual voiceline.

It should be a disabled voiceline if you are on a controller.

Fat Lou
Jan 21, 2008

Evil Kit posted:

I really like Seer, but he's kind of oppressively strong right now so I understand the distaste.

The entire basics of Seer's kit are unfun and he sucks. The only way to make him good is to nerf him to be worse than fuse.

Fat Lou
Jan 21, 2008

Boxman posted:

The broad strokes of his actives are fine, I think. Tactical being a targeted version of BH scan that pays you off more is fine, but it pays off in so many ways, the targeting "drawback" is nullified by his other skills, and the hitbox feels huge. Ulti being a way to blanket an area in surveillance is a cool idea, its just that it tracks when you're doing...pretty much anything useful. It also charges bizarrely fast, and I feel like it's too hard to blow up (and frequently impossible if Seer gives it even a quarter second of thought.)

His entire kit is made so that you can be completely and absolutely braindead and still know where everyone is within a 1km radius. His kit is boring and offers nothing fun to the game. His passive is better than some ultimates lmao

Fat Lou
Jan 21, 2008

Bottom Liner posted:

lol :psyduck:

his ult is ok. His tactical does way too much. It should only reveal/show health bars. No damage, no interrupts, no flash, etc.

It also shouldn't reveal health for 8 seconds. Reveal it at the time of the use for just a moment. Even if all it did was reveal the health at that moment it would still be a strong ability.

Fat Lou
Jan 21, 2008

I wish holo sprays were a thing a year ago when I took a break and down ranked. I want to be able to hit people with a bronze holo spray after killing people in diamond.

Fat Lou
Jan 21, 2008

Keito posted:

Speaking of scopes I feel like 2x Ranger is almost the rarest loot in the game. I feel lucky if I stumble upon more than a single one across half a dozen matches.

59 other people want the 2x. That is why it is hard to find on the ground.

Fat Lou
Jan 21, 2008

repiv posted:

:cool:

i think that's my limit, 99 is the most you can get with 5 clips (the shot you use to start the challenge doesn't count) and even on my best run i wasn't close to sneaking in a 6th clip

maybe the aceus of the world could squeeze in a few more shots

Use the tac reload after 19 bullets to save time

Fat Lou
Jan 21, 2008

Mercury_Storm posted:

It's kinda dumb that the Digital Threat attachments almost completely ruin the smoke ability if used VS. Bangalore, though another thing I tested recently was that controller aim assist is disabled if you try to aim at people in smoke regardless if you have a digital threat or not.

This is why i main bang nowadays. gently caress a controller

Fat Lou
Jan 21, 2008

Jiro posted:

So after the latest 10 gig update on Steam, game is now almost 63 gigs.

its 2022 buy another harddrive

Fat Lou
Jan 21, 2008

Also, fighting with absolute poo poo loot is really not the best practice. drop solo, loot next to a hot spot for like 30 seconds, press w

Fat Lou
Jan 21, 2008

Would any of you nerds be interested in playing in some private lobbies if we scheduled some?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fat Lou
Jan 21, 2008

Keito posted:

So the ranked split is here, and brings absolutely nothing to the table except for deranking everyone by six divisions. What's the point of a "split" if it's the exact same as it was?

For retention. If people feel they need to grind every 6 weeks to retain a jpg they play more.