Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Up Circle
Apr 3, 2008
it was source and the end result was the deagle costing 8000 gold

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Up Circle
Apr 3, 2008
drill site is genuinely the worst named location ever created

survey camp at least lets you pick a gun you like that you will have no ammo for

Up Circle
Apr 3, 2008
respawn cannot keep lobbys from unreadying players but they also implemented the most advanced forced 50% win percentage algorithm in human history and theyve designed a vast, easily adaptable network of bots of all skill levels that will fill games to make up for the lack of players in the community, even with crossplay.

sorry i guess that should read 5% but the people complaining about the matchmaking system rigging their games are the exact same kind of people who believe in forced 50% anyways.

Up Circle
Apr 3, 2008

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

We have no way to tell how he acted in private for why he might be fired, we only have what he thought would be good to say in public to go off of and it's not good.

We don't know how he acts in private since then, that's very true. But the only way to know if someone has changed their mindset and their outlook on life is if they post it online?

It was fifteen years ago. He can't have a job anymore because of that?

Up Circle
Apr 3, 2008

Zesty posted:

A couple of us are expressing our distaste for you doing a drive-by, and we're giving you the hint to kindly gently caress off. Sorry this game isn't interesting enough for you to post about until it's time to defend "long rear end misogynistic and racist screeds" (Stealing Wheeee's description)

edit: Looks like you got probated for doing a drive-by of another thread calling someone mentally ill while I was typing this post. :jerkbag:

two people do not control who can post in threads about a video game. Endorph made good points and you don't need to guard the thread against the threat of outsiders because they don't have enough posts whining about wraith players to pass muster.

Up Circle
Apr 3, 2008

Zesty posted:

Endorph made points you agree with and has more posts in this thread than you. So cool? "I don't want to talk about this game but I have opinions on defense of misogynistic and racist screeds" is a bad introduction. At least when someone like Hackan Slash defends the guy, I know they aren't doing it for some short-term shitstirring. They're committed long-term to their brand of shitstirring and I respect that.

what on earth does this mean

Up Circle
Apr 3, 2008
play octane land in a corner and never stop running until youve achieved top 5

Up Circle
Apr 3, 2008
i will never bind jump to scroll wheel and i can't tap strafe to save my life so this change is good.

i feel sad for the twitch millionaires who can't tap strafe now

Up Circle
Apr 3, 2008

Bottom Liner posted:

:psyduck: even with fast-casual like Chipotle and accounting for grubhub fees I don't know how you spend $50 a day on fast food.

i have bad news for you about every single streamer on twitch

Up Circle
Apr 3, 2008
these fuckers broke they own game

Up Circle
Apr 3, 2008
my spirit animal is a controller prowler with a digi threat

Up Circle
Apr 3, 2008
literally a week after the game was released the excuse was that they didn't have the staff to resolve issues with servers and bugs. 2 years in and they still gently caress up the game on a massive scale every six weeks, but the problem is that they don't have the staff to fix the problem and its definitely not the new content death march that adds more issues onto the pile.

Up Circle
Apr 3, 2008

CoolCab posted:

huh. see, i thought viper was an unusually brutal fight ending in that game, i guess you always had the option? lil hosed up honestly, do you always pull them apart like that?

robots dont deserve empathy

Up Circle
Apr 3, 2008

CoolCab posted:

it's very strange that we have two of the most commonly used light weapons and the most commonly used heavy weapon all in the package at the same time. also care package spitfire has been underwhelming imo. i'd rather goofy guns like the boflex go in there in the abstract, but i'll give it a go for a season.

the spitfire should be in there becuz they can't figure out how to make it balanced as it is. The scout is way weirder.

Up Circle
Apr 3, 2008
the battlepass skins are universally dire anyways, the only value the battlepass ever has is 1200 crafting mats and a few lootboxes+golden box.

98% of the skins in this game are absolutely hideous. Even the level 100 gun skins suck except for like 3.

Up Circle
Apr 3, 2008
thats true skydive emotes were good but the content mill has obviously ground those particular devs into dust already.

Up Circle
Apr 3, 2008
barometer is gonna be the hot spot on this map. lots of loot, big area, and a couple nearby unmarked houses for the cowards who want to third party a hot drop

Up Circle
Apr 3, 2008

CoolCab posted:

the l star was comically broken for an entire season and utterly dominated in competitive afaik and they left it like that the entire time, eva 8 must have pissed someone off somehow.

The eva has been by far the better shotgun since the mastiff got reduced to 88 max damage and better than anything other than a prowler for winning fights for at least 2 if not 3 seasons now.

Up Circle
Apr 3, 2008
the halcyon days when permanently cloaking a zergling was a legacy feature, not a bug to be squashed.

Up Circle
Apr 3, 2008

resistentialism posted:

You also need the players to generally not know wtf they are doing if you want the gameplay you got at a game's release back.

no worries on that front

Up Circle
Apr 3, 2008
its hideous

Up Circle
Apr 3, 2008
maybe some sort of gondola based deathmatch would be popular

Up Circle
Apr 3, 2008

Bottom Liner posted:

Apex is definitely the worst f2p loot box implementation of any game I've played. I think you have to go to mobile games to find one more predatory/unfriendly.

the best and most fun game out there and the absolutely most soul-sucking, depressing monetization system out there

Up Circle
Apr 3, 2008

Tweak posted:

When they bring back the rampage/sentinel I sincerely hope they also fix the problem with sprints canceling the charge up too, because dummies like me who use auto sprint cant press W at all if they want to load a thermite/cell until about 2 seconds after the animation finishes. I also found out yesterday the same bug exists for spinning up sheila, so anytime I want to enter a battle doing these things I have to do it sideways or backwards (though I just was informed crouch walk works)

I think they did change sprinting for the rampage. It even works with climbing somethings.

Up Circle
Apr 3, 2008
the content mines work around the clock providing us with entertainment, friend. there is no respite from the lore.

Up Circle
Apr 3, 2008
Her q feels insanely useful to me. It flushes people out of cover, punishes someone trying to heal after losing an aimduel, wrecks people holding doors to slow you down, lets you stop people from pushing into a room or at least make them hesitate. It's a way better thought out seer q for the user and the victim.

It even gives you info by telling you which angle they aren't holding when you enter a room or a building.

Situational, but really really good and she's fun to pay overall, too.

Up Circle
Apr 3, 2008
knuckle cluster is lowkey op, as the kids say

Up Circle
Apr 3, 2008

Reek posted:

I've had a few times where the game just intermittently closes. No error message or anything I'm just suddenly looking at my desktop

Same. I get it about once or twice in an hour.

Up Circle
Apr 3, 2008
become the igl. giving pubbies a short term goal at all times can help

'lets go to this town' might keep their peanut brains engaged enough that they don't get bored and start looking for trouble.

Up Circle
Apr 3, 2008
the car is really great because it has good to great hipfire, flexibility in ammo attachments and is good at close to mid range. it also deals alot of damage very very quickly.

Up Circle
Apr 3, 2008
Watson is pretty good. Great late game and especially if you’re prepared with accels. It’s always hard when you don’t have mobility but as long as someone else on the team can handle it then she shines if you can secure a spot. Olympus buildings feel like they’re built to make her suck though.

Up Circle
Apr 3, 2008
in season 10 i was one game away from masters and i got teamed up with a plat iv and a gold iv, who had approximately seven thousand less rp than me.

Up Circle
Apr 3, 2008

evilmiera posted:

Seeing a ton of Japanese streamers enjoying Apex. What specifically is drawing them to the game?

Don't know specific reasons but its been very popular in japan basically since it came out and the only hurdle has been rampant cheating on japanese servers.

Up Circle
Apr 3, 2008
make new game or make an heirloom that you sell for 250 dollars alongside a rework of a crappy hero?

Up Circle
Apr 3, 2008

life_source posted:

definitely the same amount of effort here absolute genius everyone clap

you have identified why they will make one but not the other

Up Circle
Apr 3, 2008
give valk ult lifelines cooldown and give lifeline ult valks cooldown.

Up Circle
Apr 3, 2008
rolling up and shooting the last player on a team in the back when they have 10 hp is the only way I can get three kills though.

Up Circle
Apr 3, 2008
why is that a problem?

Up Circle
Apr 3, 2008

Regrettable posted:

You're potentially eliminating around 2/3 of KP from the entire server from being collected by anyone. It also disincentivizes people from engaging with each other. You can generally get away with something like if you're willing to reward people for playing the way you want but just taking a reward away without replacing it with something else is going to aggravate people.

e: and yeah, I think team KP is supposed to be set up as a bit of a counterbalance to that loss but I'm not sure that'll end up working out the way they intended

I do not believe that 66% of kp in a game is collected off of third parties cleaning up downs. I don't believe that the amount of kp players are able to get from finishing off other players significantly impacted their performance over a split.

I do believe the season 12 changes to ranked massively inflated everyones rp gains.

The 'work' having been done is meaningless, as well. If rp is meant to be a vague indicator of your relative skill, you shouldn't be able to maximize it by picking up free points from players that literally can't move or shoot back. if team A knocks 2/3 members of team b, but then are wiped out by team c before finishing the job, they shouldn't be rewarded after the fact for having failed to successfully win a 3v3 and team c shouldn't be rewarded for mag dumping helpless victims.

Up Circle fucked around with this message at 00:57 on May 5, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Up Circle
Apr 3, 2008
It's not really taking away something from the third party. The reward in this situation is improving your placement by taking two teams out of the game and securing their loot and gear. Giving a team kp for work they haven't done isn't necessary because third partying is still going to be the ideal way to advance your own placement and they've been trying to weight the game towards top 5 placements for a little while.