Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

life_source
May 11, 2008

i got tired of looking at your edgy baby avatar that a 14-year old would be proud of
There is no shame in getting carried. We just thank our loving, caring, combat gods for their assistance in dragging our corpses across the finish line.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

life_source
May 11, 2008

i got tired of looking at your edgy baby avatar that a 14-year old would be proud of

dogstile posted:

Still postin' highlights. I'm trying to push for 25% WR this season but i'm stuck at 22/23%

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kG8CaTFjP-E

These videos are great. Thank you for posting them.

The Mozambique usage in this one is particularly inspiring.

life_source
May 11, 2008

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

The preview refers to (spoilers for the next map change and location) a Caustic "town takeover" of Water Treatment.

booo change up Olympus instead

life_source
May 11, 2008

Give the Devotion some kind of hopup that makes the first shot shoot faster and farther then swap it with the Kraber.

Swap turbocharger Volt with the Prowler.

Swap Prowler with Mozambique but it's got super hammerpoint and will oneshot any non-shielded target.

life_source
May 11, 2008

xtal posted:

There's a bind for Equip Survival Item. Once this patch is over and heat shields go away, that slot will be used only for mobile respawn beacons.

Only the ring flares are going away. The heat shields are permanent, you just won't start with 2.

e:f;b

life_source
May 11, 2008

George H.W. oval office posted:

So is caustic her dad or something?

Her dad is dead, and she see lots of similarities so she is projecting a little bit (a lot).

They also have the mutual respect of being intellectuals/scientists.

life_source
May 11, 2008

Is that My Hero Academia on the shelf?

loving weeb

life_source
May 11, 2008

I would love to be randomly punished because someone else has a bad connection.

life_source
May 11, 2008

Dyz posted:

Dont worry, it will have a cascading effect: someone on the other team will get dced because of your dc, then another one of your teammates will be dced, and so on.

A dc for a dc makes the whole world play a different game.

maeks u tihnk

life_source
May 11, 2008

It can also be really therapeuatic to explore parts of the map you otherwise would never go near.

life_source
May 11, 2008

Chard posted:

this is what i'm seeing, specifically Classname1234 always four numbers

runchild posted:

“Anonymize display of player’s name in the champion presentation, obituary, and other locations of living opponents.” It doesn’t effect your name on your screen at all.

Also there seems to be some confusion between Anonymous Mode and Streamer Mode. The former hides your name for everyone else, the latter hides everyone else’s names (or only the player that killed you if you set it to that).

I accidently found out how Anonymous Mode works recently. It hides your name from everyone not on your team. Prematch Previous Champion display (and I think postmatch victory posing) it defaults to PlayerXXXX, and in game it switches to "LegendXXXX". The numbers are completely random and different for everyone.

Your teammates will be able to see your name in match.

brb changing steam name to Bloodhound0420

life_source
May 11, 2008

Enjoy your permaban when you muscle memory the quit buttons in a moment of justified frustration.

EDIT: I can even see myself doing this despite the added confirmation button.

life_source fucked around with this message at 19:59 on May 24, 2021

life_source
May 11, 2008

I've seen enough 1v3 clutches by some gold badge Octane rando that I ignore bad teammates and instead focus on how I could have done better. I want to be that guy someday.

Hit more shots, be more aware, rotate better. What the randos do is meaningless. They either helped or not. I can only control how well I am playing.

This doesn't apply when playing with IRL friends because it's a constant stream of complaints, yelled complaints, screamed complaints, declarations of cheating, declarations of aim botting, delcarations of dodge botting... the list goes on. That's when I get frustrated and slam the leave button.

life_source
May 11, 2008

They're totally using this whole thing as a possible set up for Titanfall 3. Calling it now.

life_source
May 11, 2008

I don't want anyone to read this as insulting to them, but... I can't so I'm just going to go ahead and say it:

Lots of people are absolutely garbage at all videogames and are only able to find it "fun" when it's a very simple task that they are able to accomplish. Bright shiny lights go off and you clicked the buttons on your mouse and were rewarded, therefore you had fun.

life_source
May 11, 2008

Sentinel and P2020.

life_source
May 11, 2008

Dead dad. Girl sad. So what?

Shut up. It's dry and dusty in here. My throat is sore and I'm choked up because I'm sick

life_source
May 11, 2008

https://twitter.com/PlayApex/status/1407383128331726850

The animation of this is super clunky.

Big Titanfall Pilot vibes from the soldiers helmets.

Blisks confused "what" at the end made the whole thing worth it.

life_source
May 11, 2008

Jinnigan posted:

say what you will about the quality of them (and i mostly like them), i think its extremely cool that respawn is giving fans opportunities to put professional paid work in their portfolios

This.

I just hope the pay they are getting is actually competitive and not just a bunch of Apex Coins.

life_source
May 11, 2008

lmfao that you dont' believe people can regularly be this garbage at a videogame

life_source
May 11, 2008

There are a ton of good jokes in this one.

life_source
May 11, 2008

wyoming posted:

Bloodhound and Revenant team up to take down Hammond.

:bisonyes:

life_source
May 11, 2008

It's probably solely to stop the Lifeline revive, but maybe Valkyrie float will fall under "ability usage".

life_source
May 11, 2008

You just have to make sure you are using those shields and grenades or that is wasted money spent. Buying extras of your tactical is a great material dump since that does carry over from round to round if unused.

life_source
May 11, 2008

CodfishCartographer posted:

I like arenas well enough, but I only have an hour or two to play per day and I'm bad at video games, so clearing all the daily arena event poo poo takes basically all the time I have to play. So in practice I never get to play BR which I do enjoy more.

Several of the flash events have nothing but stars, crafting mats and 2 packs in them so you could just ignore them.

I will cop that when a time-limited skin is part of it I also feel the need to suffer.

life_source
May 11, 2008

Vengarr posted:

Bro no way, I love his dialogues with Caustic

Caustic: I will loving murder you slowly for trying to manipulate me

Crypto: Hmph...whatever...:effort:

Crypto: Wattson sure wouldn't like that.

Caustic: *incoherent sputtering being masked by his gas leaking and coughing fits*

life_source
May 11, 2008

First game of Platinum: Hot dropped, yelled at, first team dead.

Second game of Platinum: Easy full KP 2nd place that could have been a first if I had one extra Ultimate Accelerant.

Apex giveth and taketh away/game of contrasts/etc. etc.

life_source
May 11, 2008

Mostly here-say, but it was rumoured that changing your pose to a non-animated one helps with the connection issues. I tried it out this morning and successfully played out 5/5 games when I usually only got half of that. I only had one teammate with an animated banner in that time too.

Give it a try and see if it improves?

I will say that the games were still choppy with a small amount of rubberbanding, but not to the extent they were earlier in the week.

life_source
May 11, 2008

There are multiple people in this thread who have migrated to only arenas, you see tons of new players of varying skill in arenas, there are people online who left the game because they hated the BR fad coming back because of arenas, but yeah, arenas is actually unpopulated and everyone hates it good detective work fellas.

The frequent flash events are to trick all those players into playing more. Get them invested in the skin economy instead of just playing a 3v3 with good movement and gunplay. They don't just want engagement numbers they want store engagement as well from them and the flash events are an easy and acceptable way to funnel people towards that.

life_source
May 11, 2008

Huh, this could be interesting. It will most definitely suck, but hopefully it will suck in an interesting way.

life_source
May 11, 2008

Right after she got a cool new face plate, it gets broken again. Such a shame.

life_source
May 11, 2008

Can some TF2 knowers describe the C.A.R better? I checked the wiki and it sounds like it's between the R301 and the R99 but do we really need a gun between them?

EDIT: vvvvv I feel like just the first half the passive is fine. The second is too much.

life_source fucked around with this message at 17:31 on Oct 18, 2021

life_source
May 11, 2008

I only know this because I watched an LP of Titanfall 2 recently and she kidnapped a bunch of "the good team" soldiers and sent them into deathmatches with the not-titan big robot war crimes.

Going by Revanent it seems like the robot and the human are still basically the same person and culpable for the same crimes.

The whole love interest thing was a case of memory loss. She didn't know anything at all and Pathfinder was offering her a room and charging station(?) so why argue too much?

life_source
May 11, 2008

Cowslips Warren posted:

I'm trying to figure out why she sent Horizon into the black hole and stole her unobtainium. For evilz?

It's not said anywhere officially but it seems to be something along the lines of "hired by/sleeper agent for unspecified evil corporation that wants the outlands to fail so they can take over(???)"

EDIT: vvvvv It looks closer to the second one.

life_source fucked around with this message at 05:41 on Oct 19, 2021

life_source
May 11, 2008

DarkAvenger211 posted:

I stumbled on this youtube channel with a ton of Apex "lore" and this video here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rQj81XHfqTk

I get it's a BR game and the "lore" doesn't really matter all that much (or make much sense sometimes) but my question is where the hell is all the content in this video coming from? A lot of it looks fan made but it's clear that the characters' voice actors are included here as well, was this stuff officially made? They do not do a good job of showing this stuff in game (or even in their own youtube channel) so I'm wondering if this stuff is even legit or not.

I didn't watch it, but yeah, it looks like it's a compilation of a bunch of small videos they post on the official Apex twitter account.

Yes, they are developing multiple whole storylines and the some of the characters have serious backstories and personal issues they are dealing with but if you don't care you can just be the funny robot man who is always playing with weird skulls and talking about killing.

On the fan content bit: Respawn seems pretty cool with fan content and has brought in various community members to animate stuff or draw comics that are 100% official. Based on the official twitter account you can usually tell when they are posting a "look at this cool fanart" and when they are posting "here is a short lore/story comic about [something] (ps a fan made it for us we love them love them too)"

And yes, it's horribly organized as a whole. It's beyond a meme now and has settled firmly into a joke.

life_source fucked around with this message at 17:17 on Oct 20, 2021

life_source
May 11, 2008

Statistical outlier.

life_source
May 11, 2008

Mild hype for all you Titanfall lovers because that middle thing has Fold Weapon vibes.

life_source
May 11, 2008

Respawn is experimenting with how they are telling the story because they have gotten a lot of rightful complaints about it. They didn't do a treasure pack comic this time around, and instead gave us this.

They really want more people to be invested in the story/stories. The issue is that the people who care probably don't want to solo cue as Bloodhound 4 times on a specific map to get some dialogue(i haven't done it because the whole system looks awful so i don't actually know what you are supposed to do or what you get) and the people who don't care will continue to not care.

EDIT: This experiment is seriously a net negative in getting people interested because this kind of thing isn't going to bring in new people but is definitely going to get already interested people frustrated because it's so weird to do. yeah dude just solo queue into worlds edge and go to a hot drop area to find a thing and then dodge the other 10 teams surrounding you to complete the first part of the quests have fun! also because you are solo you will be hunted into oblivion at all times

life_source fucked around with this message at 17:49 on Oct 27, 2021

life_source
May 11, 2008

Wattson buffs??? Love it!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

life_source
May 11, 2008

Tune in for your daily dose of gay. Even lore haters can enjoy that!