Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer

tote up a bags posted:

Whenever Bangalore isn't on screen explaining what everything in the game is, the other legends should be saying things like "Does the r-99 have a slow rate of fire?"

Just every so often have one of the legends when they ping be like... I think this is an r99? Where the hell is the gun nut when you need her.

ZeusCannon fucked around with this message at 20:45 on Feb 3, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Arzaac posted:

I know they wouldn't do it because it'd ruin ping clarity, but I'd love a legend who explicitly does not know guns and just goes "uh...this is some kind of shotgun pistol?"

Same.

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Why are half the us east coast servers loving kaput btw?

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Simone Magus posted:

They've been glitchy all day but not actually down for me

I'm really liking the 3030. Great default iron sights. I know it's not always Better Wingman but it sure feels like it

I haven't seen a virginia server online in like month.

Also with fuse introduced I still think a fun semi buff to Bangalore would be to have her smoke grenades put out fires like they did in tfall

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Cretin90 posted:

Lol at them only showing the player zoomed in via 4x with the devo for a fraction of a second before cutting to a 3rd person view because it’s loving impossible to control at that magnification.

Git gud I whisper as I vibrate into the sky.

I agree it's awful at range. the irony is it used to be kinda good since its first shot was dead on target so you could tap fire at extreme ranges with it.

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

Grimey Drawer
The current audio glitch is both annoying and very funny.

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

Grimey Drawer
I had a guy get downed engaging a team miles away from the teammate and I. Who then proceeded to lose his mind at us about " where were we, your so bad etc etc". Par for course normally but the sheer paroxysm of rage he went into when the teammate proceeded to solo the team that downed him (I was useless) and then walk away without rezzing and deadpan saying " I only pick up people who are worth it" was heartwarming.

Edit: Tbh the thing that was most surprising was the guy not insta quitting

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

Grimey Drawer
I just want to check if this is a universal experience or just me.

Lately this is how my games go.

First game champion has 0 kills on character no badges. I do fairly well not great because I am not great but like 4 to 6 kills or so.

Second game every name has ttv in it and drop trails are purple and red everywhere. I land .. maybe survive because of my teammates and put in at most 400 damage while I try to help the wandering murder bots that are my teammates ( this game will also lag like a motherfucker and I will rubberband constantly after the first two engagements)

Third game not everyone has ttv in their name and drive trails clear up but it feels like every single enemy team has double hammers 500 and the 20 bomb badge( or at least the ones that inevitably murder me do). My teammates and I are lambs to the slaughter and I will do on avg 150 to 300 damage.

This continues until I am lucky enough to solo drop with a clanned duo who will not speak but will move in coordination enough that I can follow and not be a hindrance. This game I may or may not get kills but at least I will put in 900 or so damage.
After this second game and third will cycle again until I get tired of punching myself in the sack.

Also all my challenges are for watson and crypto and pistols and snipers.

ZeusCannon fucked around with this message at 13:24 on Apr 21, 2021

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

Grimey Drawer
I miss the prowler so much. Is it coming back next season?

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

Grimey Drawer
It would be cool to have map specific stats. Like k/d on kings canyon or sniper kills on olympus etc.

Just cause it's be fun to know where you play best etc

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

I save all my apex packs every season and open them all at the beginning of the next season. This season I got:

A Legendary Valk Skin
A Legendary Bocek Skin
A Heirloom(!!!!)

Season off to a p. great start, not going to lie

I have opened so many packs in the lifetime of my playing this game and never seen heirlooms. A friend who hates this game got one like 50 packs in or something.

This game hates me and wants me to know it.

ZeusCannon fucked around with this message at 19:55 on May 4, 2021

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Sure would be nice if the servers worked.

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Keito posted:

Most people should take a look at the squad results screen and think for a couple seconds about why it went down as it did

The answer for me is generally " I should git gud"

Also good games with chill goons is basically the best Apex experience.

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Chard posted:

is there any method of predicting where the circle is going to fall in arenas? i swear i just lost a round on phase runner because the enemy were better near the runners, whereas we were stomping them on the other side. game decided to switch over to the runners for the last few rounds and just never went back :shrug:

There's the recon towers but beyond that there are set patterns so after a while you can notice then. This is anecdotal but semi not because even I have predicted a circle close before.

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

Grimey Drawer
The fact that the prowler and the triple take are both care package weapons kills my enjoyment of this season a bit.

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Bottom Liner posted:

So Bang smoke needs a buff now with the amount of wallhacks in the game. Seer just completely negates her.

I played a squad where everytime the seer popped his active the bangalore would dump smoke on the same line as it. It was fairly effective.

Our squad still won but that was mostly due to their third falling down into our team and getting shredded.

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

Grimey Drawer

PhoenixFlaccus posted:

It seems like the best defense against Seer is running away to reposition, but try telling that too a pubbie. Yesterday a teammate of mine got barely missed with a charge rifle shot, got ulted by Seer, then started slowly peeking over the roof of building with a 2020. He got headshotted immediately.

I dont remember playing with you but this is clearly me.

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

Grimey Drawer
I like seer fine and dont find him too annoying though he is basically top pick atm. I would say dropping damage from his active would be a fine move.

Beyond that eh. This is the most fun ive had in apex in a few seasons and i dont even have seer unlocked.

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

Grimey Drawer
The algorithm caught up to me again. Took a season off and when i hopped back on got dropped in some good lobbies. Having fun getting kills etc.

Now its back to oh time to drop and all i see is fuckin diamond and pred trails everywhere.

APEX PLEASE I AM NOT GOOD. PUT ME IN THE NOT GOOD LOBBIES.

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Fenarisk posted:

At what point does SBMM kick in? I haven't tried ranked but I've hit level 18 and I usually go about 3 matches of absolute brutal shutouts followed by a match or two of 8 round arenas, and maybe 1 match where we win 3-0.

Is it better to just play ranked at this point?

Its already kicked in and your in the fodder category just like me.

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

Grimey Drawer

dogstile posted:

poo poo, we still get the return to zone message in all caps, while the entire screen is orange and aimpunching you every tick without the option to turn off the dumbass message at the top.

Ive had teammates who even with all that seem to have not noticed they are in fact out of zone.

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Daztek posted:

I need more nessie charms so all weapons can have one

This is my only motivation with charms in this. The glow in the dark trick or treat nessie still my favorite.

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Are there any time lapses of the changes to the maps? Im just curious i was trying to think of all the eays the maps changed as they went.

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Sure would be great to drop with either a full team or any non afk player. Thatd be nice yup.

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

Grimey Drawer
All i know about arenas is if you solo drop something like 8 times out of 10 its just you vs a three stack.

The other two are you and another dude who afks vs a three stack.

Also the three stack really likes tbagging.

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Yellow Yoshi posted:

i think they should double-down and make a map that's ALL city
that way you wont be able to avoid landing in the city part every round :twisted:

Wattson finally useful.

Edit:

Am i crazy to think a fine buff for crypto would just be to remove the loving glow and noise when the drone isnt piloted? Then you could use it like a security cam or a drone from R6?

He should still be unscannable for sure but thats a buff id like.

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

Grimey Drawer
They are "land and get A gun and then rotate to third party" drops in my head

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Songbearer posted:

I'm all for pros ragequitting if it means no more being queued against Preds in duos

I gotta say this resonates with me.

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

Grimey Drawer

RESPAWN posted:

Fixed a bug where Wattson would start matches with 30 fences

I would be willing to bet no one ever noticed this. Nor did it impact the match in anyway.

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

Grimey Drawer
loving of course they caved lmao

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

Grimey Drawer

tetsuo posted:

im gonna tapstrafe on ur deathbox scrub

but it does sound like it's only a brief stay of execution

I would be honored.

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

Grimey Drawer

dragon enthusiast posted:

When choosing what legends to buy first, ignore advice and just pick who seems fun. The worst two buys I made (rev and wattson) were based on recommendations from this thread and curiosity about playstyle, respectively

A. Good point just buy legends that look fun.

B. In what world is Revenant not fun. I challenge you to find something more satisfying than scaling the sheer side of a building behind a team that thinks their safe and destroying them.

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

Grimey Drawer

dogstile posted:

This is why my inventory usually ends up being only nades, shield cells and maybe a stack or two of ammo.

I'm really good at nades now, at least!

Nades are so important.

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

Grimey Drawer
And thats IF you can log in

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Ive seen more people die to the ring in the one match i got into than any other.

Literally everyone was crashed out.

Still only got second because i completely forgot Olympus and threw myself off an inopportune ledge

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

Grimey Drawer
The game i got into I actually crashed out of but was able to hop back in after a relogin. I knew something was up when i saw that i was still alive at the estates after being AFK / crashed for something like 4 minutes.

Edit: Those paintball guns look fun sure would be great to be able to PLAY THE GAME.

ZeusCannon fucked around with this message at 17:02 on Sep 16, 2021

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Are the servers still hosed?

And or has the event been extended?

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

Grimey Drawer

runchild posted:

I almost made a post yesterday about not seeing the server issues everyone is talking about but I did encounter some last night. It still only amounted to one crash (reconnected just fine), a few AFK teammates, and a couple of free kills on AFK enemies.

Definitely a problem that needs fixing, but not unplayable for me. Possibly just lucky.

Considering that respawn is actively troubleshooting it and even streamers have titles about the servers being hosed. Yes you're just lucky.

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

Grimey Drawer

repiv posted:

so drawing mobile shiela resets the melee cooldown, and meleeing cancels drawing shiela

https://twitter.com/iCEEOps/status/1438887294166048771

Thats kinda fantastic.

If they dont extend the event or increase point gain etc thats pretty hosed up.

poo poo just give everyone the event stuff then because sure as gently caress not gonna earn it disconnecting every single match.

ZeusCannon fucked around with this message at 14:21 on Sep 18, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Hope this last week of bullshit didnt kill the population boom the game had for a bit. But the games i did get into last night certainly felt like it.

Diamond trails and up only allowed apparently