Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

melon cat
Jan 21, 2010

Nap Ghost

I really do wish there was an Overwatch-style way of selecting your preferred role and getting paired up with others that better compliment you. Even better if you could set a preference to avoid players who main X character

In 90% of the games I solo queue itís always Wraith + Octane gear goblins who solo drop hot then dc once they die alone

melon cat fucked around with this message at 16:11 on Oct 29, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

melon cat
Jan 21, 2010

Nap Ghost

melon cat fucked around with this message at 06:13 on Jan 10, 2024

melon cat
Jan 21, 2010

Nap Ghost

Jack B Nimble posted:

There's also the idea that you're going to get better at Apex by dropping hot and fighting immediately much faster than if you drop alone, spend ten minutes aimlessly looting, then meet your first squad (who probably already won a hot drop).

the key here is to relinquish jumpmaster, ping a location anyway, and when your team doesn't go there solo drop someplace else then DC once you get waxed by a full squad then repeat this until you've ruined at least 30 more games for other solo qs.

melon cat fucked around with this message at 06:12 on Jan 10, 2024

melon cat
Jan 21, 2010

Nap Ghost

Relyssa posted:

Honestly the terminal octane brains would probably never tire of it.

Especially if they simulated a constant environment where Octanes can solo push against a full squad to their heartís content as is traditional with Octane mains

melon cat
Jan 21, 2010

Nap Ghost

Tokubetsu posted:

I actually think longbow is in a bad place atm. Itís better than nothing but even with the slow RoF I think the sentinel edges out ahead of it rn. Iíd take a g7 scout over a longbow.

I feel the same way about the Triple Take. ROF too slow for medium range engagements, and pretty much useless at long range even with the choke.

melon cat
Jan 21, 2010

Nap Ghost

Teratrain posted:

What, you don't love playing a team death match game with several minutes between respawns?

but not more than I love watching an incompetent pubbie squaddy solo push against full squads, get wiped 5 seconds, then scream on mic about how "poo poo" his team is before DCing! :woop:

melon cat fucked around with this message at 14:38 on Jan 15, 2023

melon cat
Jan 21, 2010

Nap Ghost

Tokubetsu posted:

new season can't soon enough

F U C K WORLD'S EDGE
kill EM all
410,757,864,530 DEAD WRAITHS

my fave part about fighting Wraiths (and Octanes) is that you have a 99.99999% chance of doing a uninterrupted execution animation sequence on them because their squaddies are never close enough to rescue them

melon cat fucked around with this message at 06:01 on Jan 10, 2024

melon cat
Jan 21, 2010

Nap Ghost
Apex/TF Fans : Asks for new Titanfall sequel

EA: ďBest we can do are new, poorly-thought out, quickly-written Apex Legends characters in F2P multiplayer who contribute nothing to the overall story.Ē

melon cat fucked around with this message at 04:32 on Feb 3, 2023

melon cat
Jan 21, 2010

Nap Ghost
Quality of life improvements that I want and demand:

1. Prevent players from DCing in the middle of an execution. Like a countdown that lapses only once the animation finishes
2. Make running with a handgun the same speed as running while holstered

melon cat fucked around with this message at 05:59 on Jan 10, 2024

melon cat
Jan 21, 2010

Nap Ghost

YoshiOfYellow posted:

Crypto gets memed on but he's got a lot of amazing utility. Being able to do all these things instantly and while remaining hidden is great.
That's because most Apex pubbies automatically hate any legend that doesn't enhance their loot goblin capabilities

Herstory Begins Now posted:

apex servers appear to be toast
New thread title?

New thread title.

melon cat
Jan 21, 2010

Nap Ghost
sooo I haven't played Apex for several months because solo q life was becoming a new circle of hell with toxic teammates, constant hot dropping Wraith/Octanes, loot goblins getting their endorphin hit instead of playing as a team

Have things gotten any better since then or is it still the same poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

melon cat
Jan 21, 2010

Nap Ghost
still remembering the first iteration of Bloodhound's scan where the highlighted figures stayed on screen for all of 3 seconds in a freeze frame

melon cat fucked around with this message at 00:39 on Jan 29, 2024